Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Netflix Instant Streaming Recommendations Thread

Re: Netflix Instant Streaming Recommendations Thread

I streamed a mid 70's movie called "Robin and Marian" with Sean Connery and Audrey Hepburn. It is about Connery playing an older Robin Hood and coming home to Sherwood Forest to find things have changed quite a bit since he left. I am not one to like to many movies but for some reason I really liked this one.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

2. Turn Off Ads?

Black Dynamite was recently added to instant streaming. It's definitely worth another watch.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Law Abiding Citizen is worth a look.

GL

Black Dynamite!
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

If you haven't already seen it, The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters is definitely worth your time. It is a 79 minute documentary about two men battling each other for the world-record score in the original King Kong arcade game. It's funny, emotional, and most of all, it's entertaining...

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    If you haven't already seen it, The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters is definitely worth your time. It is a 79 minute documentary about two men battling each other for the world-record score in the original King Kong arcade game. It's funny, emotional, and most of all, it's entertaining...
    Agreed. This is a fascinating movie.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post

Agreed. This is a fascinating movie.
    Wow, nice recommendation guys. I actually really enjoyed that.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    I streamed a mid 70's movie called "Robin and Marian" with Sean Connery and Audrey Hepburn. It is about Connery playing an older Robin Hood and coming home to Sherwood Forest to find things have changed quite a bit since he left. I am not one to like to many movies but for some reason I really liked this one.
    Remember that movie well, and also liked it.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Wow, nice recommendation guys. I actually really enjoyed that.
    If you're interested (and you must be, because you can't watch King of Kong and not be completely fascinated by Billy Mitchell), here is a link to the AV Club's interview with Billy, and his reaction to their review of Kind of Kong.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/the-k...mp-billy,2159/

If you've seen "Avatar: The Last Airbender" and wanted to throw up, then you I highly recommend watching the television series start to finish on Netflix. For a children's show, it's extremely impressive. The plot lines are great and character development is just as good. If you've got a good 24 hours to spare, I suggest curling up and watching it.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmberRain08 View Post
    If you've seen "Avatar: The Last Airbender" and wanted to throw up, then you I highly recommend watching the television series start to finish on Netflix. For a children's show, it's extremely impressive. The plot lines are great and character development is just as good. If you've got a good 24 hours to spare, I suggest curling up and watching it.
    I'm actually doing just that on the reccommendation of a few friends -- I'm about 15 or so episodes into the first season, and I'm kinda hooked. The characters make a lot more sense in the show than they do in the movie. On the whole, it reminds me a lot of the old "Batman" cartoons I watched when I was younger -- clearly kids stuff, but it handles itself maturely enough to be enjoyable to those of us who are a tad out of the target demographic.

Incidentally, this is where Netflix Instant really shines: I'm watching and enjoying a show I'd otherwise never have taken the time to actually seek out and purchase.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

wrong thread LOL
    Last edited by GAC; 07-10-2010 at 07:23 PM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Just signed up for my free 2 week trial. Should get my set-up disk Monday for the Wii.

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Just signed up for my free 2 week trial. Should get my set-up disk Monday for the Wii.
    You will be very happy with Netflix.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    You will be very happy with Netflix.
    Netflix was already the greatest thing since sliced bread. Then they introduced streaming and became better than sliced bread. Once you try it you'll be hooked and will never look back.

Turn Off Ads?