Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Jacksonville Jaguars 2013 Thread

Re: Jacksonville Jaguars 2013 Thread

Respect for Gus Bradley. His team came to play today.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

2. Turn Off Ads?

No posts celebrating the Jags first win of the year?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    No posts celebrating the Jags first win of the year?
    I was very happy. It knocked 75% of the remaining entries out of my survivor pool. I was on the Giants who managed to win a white-knuckler over Oakland.

Bucs now in control for the number 1 pick.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Bucs now in control for the number 1 pick.
    That didn't last long

7. Likes:

camisadelgolf (11-18-2013)

Jags pulled off a second win against the Texans. 10-6. The team has pulled into the realm of semi-respectability. Offense is still terrible but defense and special team playing decent. I think people are believing the Gus Bradley system now even though if will be a long haul.

Believe it or not, people's big concern now is that they'll go on a mini-run and hurt their draft status. THey are playing Cleveland Sunday, and it would not be the biggest shock to see Jags win, then Texans again at home, the Buffalo, and then Tenn and Indy. Not exactly murderers's row.

The interesting thing is that if (and it's a BIG IF), Justin Blackmon can get his act together, getting him and Luke Joeckel back and next years #1 will be like getting 3 #1's all at once.

Well, like I said, Jags could beat Cleveland and did. Game could have gone either way. The breaks which always seemed to go against Jax have gone with them recently.

They've now won 3 of 4, 3 road victories in a row, and their 2 consecutive wins is the first time since 2010.

Texans loss now has them at #1 and Jags at #2. A Jags loss Thursday reverses it, a Jags win might set it in stone.

"So Fla Red"

Break up the Jags. They appear to be losing Teddy Bridgewater to the Texans assuming he was the target.

Who would have thought the Jags might get a third place schedule next season... The Texans season has simply been inexplicable.

Well, after tonights win, that's 3 in a row and 4 out 5. Again another game that could go either way and went ours.

It's fairly obvious now that we are out of the hunt for the #1 pick, and if Bridgewater is hat guy, he's not ours.

Based on GM Caldwell's first draft I'll be excited to see who he gets. His first draft has gone very well.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Well, after tonights win, that's 3 in a row and 4 out 5. Again another game that could go either way and went ours.

It's fairly obvious now that we are out of the hunt for the #1 pick, and if Bridgewater is hat guy, he's not ours.

Based on GM Caldwell's first draft I'll be excited to see who he gets. His first draft has gone very well.
    Kiper does not think a QB will go #1 this year. He sees Bridgewater as going at 4 or 5

"So Fla Red"

There is no way the Texans are passing up on a QB at #1 or #2 after the national disgrace and QB issues on full display this season.

I wish I knew who Caldwell liked as a QB coming out this year. He didn't like the QB crop last year, and at this point his judgment seems to be pretty solid.

I have no idea if Bridgewater is "the guy" or another Geno Smith. I do like what I see/hear from Carr out of Fresno State. Ironically, even if he's the consensus #1 QB it would be hard for the Texans to take him. It would be like the Jags taking Gabberts brother or Bengals taking Akili Smith's kid/brother.

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    There is no way the Texans are passing up on a QB at #1 or #2 after the national disgrace and QB issues on full display this season.
    The thinking is that they'd trade down but this is complicated indeed. There's no point in overdrafting a QB just because they have a need. History is littered with examples of that

16. Likes:

Revering4Blue (12-09-2013)

Of the 7 teams that have been officially eliminated from the playoffs in the NFL, the Jags are not one of them. Who would have guessed that a handful of weeks ago? Credit to their coaching staff for getting their players to believe in what they're doing and showing it thru the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by medford View Post
    Of the 7 teams that have been officially eliminated from the playoffs in the NFL, the Jags are not one of them. Who would have guessed that a handful of weeks ago? Credit to their coaching staff for getting their players to believe in what they're doing and showing it thru the end of the season.
    We've seen it many times in this town. It's called the dead cat bounce...and we've also seen that it means pretty much nothing going into next yr

19. Likes:

oregonred (12-09-2013)

Turn Off Ads?