Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Summer Concerts 2014

Re: Summer Concerts 2014

Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
    I'm seeing Dream Theater next Saturday, Volbeat later in April, the ProgPower Fest in September, and probably Fleetwood Mac as well.
    DT is one of the best shows I've ever seen. I'm kinda like Alexi Laiho though, and it bothers me how clean all their shows typically are.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Went last year. Don't love their lineup this year, but it's a pretty well run event.
    I was there. Robert Plant got rained out... twas disappointing.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

I'm old and kind of Boring, but the Forecastle lineup makes me wish I was younger and had more money. I showed the lineup to my nephew today, and he said he'd like to see Outkast and Jack White perform together. Not a bad idea.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

5. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (03-30-2014)

Billy Joel at Wrigley Field in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Red in Chicago View Post
    Billy Joel at Wrigley Field in the summer.
    Given his age, I assumed he'd signed with the Yankees.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

8. Likes:

JB12 (04-01-2014),KittyDuran (03-30-2014),klw (04-09-2014)

My wife is a country fan. Decided if I can't beat 'em I'll join them. Jason Aldean, Miranda Lambert, Florida Georgia Line at GABP.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Country music makes me sad...

11. Likes:

BillDoran (04-05-2014)

Pitchfork in July. Great headliners: Beck, Neutral Milk Hotel, and Kendrick Lamar. Solid remaining lineup, including Grimes, St. Vincent, Real Estate, DIIV, The Julie Ruin (Kathleen Hanna's current band), Speedy Ortiz, and Circulatory System (!). Plus a lot of bands that I don't know much about and look forward to seeing/hearing.

Going to Bunbury and probably the new Buckle Up Festival. Bunbury's lineup isn't thrilling but I have always wanted to see the Flaming Lips live, so it has that going for it. This week I'm going to see Sprinsteen/Morello. Will probably go to several spur of the moment. I always go to a lot of local shows, too.

NCAA music festival is being streamed on You Tube
    Killers are this evening, Fun and Springsteen tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post
    Pitchfork in July. Great headliners: Beck, Neutral Milk Hotel, and Kendrick Lamar. Solid remaining lineup, including Grimes, St. Vincent, Real Estate, DIIV, The Julie Ruin (Kathleen Hanna's current band), Speedy Ortiz, and Circulatory System (!). Plus a lot of bands that I don't know much about and look forward to seeing/hearing.
    Dude. Cloud Nothings.

Pitchfork has a tremendous crop of hip-hop talent this year. If you can stomach their sound, Death Grips put on a fantastic show...

Stat geek...and proud

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenlord View Post
    DT is one of the best shows I've ever seen. I'm kinda like Alexi Laiho though, and it bothers me how clean all their shows typically are.
    It was one of the best shows I've seen them do and I've seen them either 16 or 17 times now. Top 3 or 4.

Bought a ticket to see Sir Paul again @ YUM in Louisville June 26. Registered for the pre-sale on his website yesterday. Can't believe it's been almost 3 years since I saw him first @ GABP.
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Quote Originally Posted by timmario66 View Post
    Bruce Springsteen 4/8 US Bank Arena
    Did you enjoy the show last night?

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    Did you enjoy the show last night?
    Can't speak for anyone else, but I loved it. Morello added a lot to the E Street sound and Bruce put on the type of show he is legendary for.

Turn Off Ads?