Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Brand-Spankin'-New UK Thread

Re: Brand-Spankin'-New UK Thread

Playing defense is for chumps. Just shoot the rock!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    Playing defense is for chumps. Just shoot the rock!!
    To quote dab: "Word."

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    He'll get to do exactly what he wants at UT. Run up and down the court, shoot the ball whenever he wants, and never play a lick of D.
    Yeah, but you have to admit that you would love the guy if he came to UK.

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds33 View Post
    Yeah, but you have to admit that you would love the guy if he came to UK.
    Of course. Because Billy G would have forced him to become a complete player. He won't have to put that work in at UT.

Of course. Because Billy G would have forced him to become a complete player. He won't have to put that work in at UT.
    Honestly, I would say that's the one reason he went there. I also think that's the reason he wanted to go to Mississippi state. That was probably the only team that would let him play his game. Then as he started getting a little more hype, other teams started to lift their restrictions.

On another note, Taylor King is supposed to transfer. I know how you guys hate Duke, but what school do you see him going to?

I hear Villanova is solidly in the mix, GR.

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds33 View Post
    Honestly, I would say that's the one reason he went there. I also think that's the reason he wanted to go to Mississippi state. That was probably the only team that would let him play his game. Then as he started getting a little more hype, other teams started to lift their restrictions.

On another note, Taylor King is supposed to transfer. I know how you guys hate Duke, but what school do you see him going to?
    Exactly. As we saw with Joe Crawford at the beginning of the season and the Alex Legion saga, prospect status or seniority status don't guarantee you a starting position or PT if you don't practice how BCG wants you to and adopt his philosophies as your own.

The inmates are running the asylum in Knoxville. Just look at their shameful performance versus Louisville who spanked them soundly. They struggle to run a half-court offense and struggle mightily to play any semblance of defense.

Scotty would have been a much better player in the long run had he chosen Kentucky, but he'll get to run and gun to his heart's delight at UT.

I am kinda shocked that nobody else has commented on this tragedy.

Granted, Stone was not one of my favorites while at UK; however, 26 is way too young to be departing this Earth.

My guess is that an autopsy will show that Stone had hypertrophic cardiomyopathy....the leading cause of sudden cardiac death in athletes.

Jeez Mo whats with all the bad news all at once?

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    Jeez Mo whats with all the bad news all at once?
    You tell me, TS. It's been a tough couple days to be a Wildcat fan.

Well, I did enjoy the progress that we made from beginning to end. Hopefully we take that and add to it.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    Well, I did enjoy the progress that we made from beginning to end. Hopefully we take that and add to it.
    Oh, I've got no doubt about that, buddy. This has just been a tough couple days.

I hope they leave Mr. Wildcats chair empty next season.

I also think it would be cool if they amended Rupp's court to be named "Cawood-Keightley Court." I'm 100% sure Cawood would have loved that.

Billy has got us moving in the right direction.

I guess with the decision by Indiana to hire Tom Crean that is all Hopson needed to make his decision.

Kentucky lost this recruiting battle fair and square. Kids like Hopson, Darius Miller, Bud Mackey(before the cocaine charges), and Jon Hood need to be kept in state. Problem is, we never had a coach to realize that, and when we did, it was too late.

To be honest though, I really want no part of Hopson. To me, it does seem a little low to announce your decision after the death of one of Kentucky's most beloved sports figures.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Way too young. He will probably go down as the only player to play for both UK and UL. That was a very strange turn of events when he left UK and IMO UK handled it poorly.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Scotty Hopson has committed to UT.
    This is just my two cents and all I know about Hopson is what I read on the Internet. So saying that I think he would have been a very bad fit to play for BG. Hopson seems like the prima donna HS player in the same vein as OJ Mayo. That type will never last to play for BG. Too selfish with their own agenda. IMO he is going to the perfect place for him at UT. They run and gun and play little defense. He should average his 20+ per game and be able to take his spring break in Florida or the Carribean every spring.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Turn Off Ads?