Turn Off Ads?
Page 55 of 68 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Bengals Discussion (Part 3)

Re: 2013 Bengals Discussion (Part 3)

First off ..... congratulations Bengal fans!

I was down at my brothers. We had the TV going back and forth between the Bengals and Browns. I was far more positive, before the game started, that the Bengals would win than my brother. He was worried. LOL

I thought the Bengals D would be too much for Cassel.... and that Andy would have a good day vs Minnesota's pass D.

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    Meanwhile in Cleveland, the over-the-top optimism expressed by some of the talking heads has given way to rending of garments and gnashing of teeth. Already hearing calls for firing the coaching staff after one season. Personally I hope they keep their staff, because 1) you have to give them more than one season to build a team and implement a system that fits the team, and 2) I don't want them back in the market for Mike Zimmer's services. I think Zimmer is way overdue for a head coaching job, but I don't want to see him going to a team in the division.
    I like this coaching staff. They aren't going anywhere. They'll give them the time they need to implement their system and acquire those pieces we need on offense. I didn't expect much this year because I wasn't that high on Weeden and Richardson. I actually have a lot more optimism going into next year than I have had in the previous several years. I think we are (finally) going in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    Crazy that Cleveland was 4-5. They have some pieces, not sure what happened to them down the stretch here. They had New England beat.
    IMO, they did beat NE. That was a terrible PI call at the very end of the game. Even the announcers concurred.

Not that I think he is the QB of the future, but we were a better team, would have won more games, if Hoyer hadn't gotten hurt.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Likes:

Redsfaithful (12-23-2013),Revering4Blue (12-24-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    I like this coaching staff. They aren't going anywhere. They'll give them the time they need to implement their system and acquire those pieces we need on offense. I didn't expect much this year because I wasn't that high on Weeden and Richardson. I actually have a lot more optimism going into next year than I have had in the previous several years. I think we are (finally) going in the right direction.
    I tend to agree. I think business as usual would have been trying to wring something more out of Richardson. Instead they chose to cut bait on someone that wasn't working in their scheme and move on. That's new, and rather bold. I can't imagine any NFL team that's going to want to run the AFC North gauntlet for the next several years, that's for sure.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

The Vikings were Tony Dungy's upset special this week. Its amazing how much these talking heads can base their opinions on one game. Apparently Rodney Harrison said the "Ravens don't lose games like these."

It has been a fun home season for the Bengals. They have done what you would have hoped, held serve at home, and done it often in convincing fashion. I wish you could bottle up Good Andy right now and save him for two weeks. He is playing very good football right now.

I like Gresham but he just makes too many mistakes. I like the fighting for extra yards but he fumbles that ball way too often.

Jay Gruden opened up the playbook. He went with the wild cat offense a number of times, I don't know if that was to make opposing teams plan for it or not. Granted the Vikings defense is bad, but I liked the back shoulder throws, quick throws, and the basic offensive game plan.

And it's not like they've beaten scrubs at home - beating the Packets & Patriots shocked me, frankly, and beating Pittsburgh at home is always good. The Jets are lousy, but they had the Bengals' number in the playoffs a few years ago, so beating (I mean, pounding) them was quite satisfying as well.

The stupid Miami and at Baltimore games really stick out, but getting wins at Detroit & Buffalo in close games, and even at what is now a hot San Diego team were games this franchise usually lost in the past.

Unfortunately, this whole season may end up being judged by what happens in the playoff game, but maybe this is the year that becomes a good thing too. It's been that kind of year so far.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    The Vikings were Tony Dungy's upset special this week. Its amazing how much these talking heads can base their opinions on one game. Apparently Rodney Harrison said the "Ravens don't lose games like these."

It has been a fun home season for the Bengals. They have done what you would have hoped, held serve at home, and done it often in convincing fashion. I wish you could bottle up Good Andy right now and save him for two weeks. He is playing very good football right now.

I like Gresham but he just makes too many mistakes. I like the fighting for extra yards but he fumbles that ball way too often.

Jay Gruden opened up the playbook. He went with the wild cat offense a number of times, I don't know if that was to make opposing teams plan for it or not. Granted the Vikings defense is bad, but I liked the back shoulder throws, quick throws, and the basic offensive game plan.

Dalton is now 3rd in the league in touchdown passes with over 4000 yards and 62% completions. Compared to anyone not named Peyton Manning Dalton is having an outstanding year.

Maybe we could not freak out as much when he has an off game here or there. His body of work this year should speak for itself.

New England losing to Buffalo at home next Sunday seems pretty unlikely, so it looks like we are locked into the 3 seed and will host the 6 seed.

The scenarios for who winds up with the 6 seed are fascinating and confusing. To my knowledge, none of the teams tied at 8-7 have "win and you're in" scenarios. They all need a win and help.

Edit: If the Bengals lose and the Colts win, we would slip to the 4 seed and host Kansas City.
    Last edited by redsfan30; 12-23-2013 at 10:11 AM.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Miami is a pretty large favorite for the six seed according to Football Outsiders, which is great. I'd rather play them then anyone.

My order of preference as a Bengals fan for who I want in the 6 seed:

MIA
    SD
    BAL
    PIT
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

10. Likes:

Boss-Hog (12-23-2013),HeatherC1212 (12-23-2013)

Did the Bengals really have monkeys riding dogs herding sheep as the halftime show?

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by moewan View Post
    Did the Bengals really have monkeys riding dogs herding sheep as the halftime show?
    Yes, that sounds about right, and it was so hilariously awful that you couldn't help being totally amused by it, LOL
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC1212 View Post
    Yes, that sounds about right, and it was so hilariously awful that you couldn't help being totally amused by it, LOL
    I just saw it on YouTube, that is pure brilliance, if only they had a couple of midgets thrown in.

"Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

15. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (12-23-2013)

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blumj View Post
    That is awesome.

Great win for the Bengals! This is a solid team.

Better than the Mr. Red Race. Well, maybe not. Probably a Mike Brown marketing idea. Thought it would be good family fun.

Next week, a contest where you decide if the llama and its owner really do look alike.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Got a bad feeling about the outcome of this season
    Hope you didn't jump off any bridge and were still around to enjoy yesterday

Only problem is the sheep look like rams, although it probably doesn't matter as much since the Rams are in the other conference.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Turn Off Ads?