Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ross signs 2 year deal; Paul Wilson signed to minor league deal

Re: Ross signs 2 year deal; Paul Wilson signed to minor league deal

I don't know why, but that statement made me laugh hysterically. You've summed up what I don't get about the opinions of many of the people who post here better than I think anyone has.

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by osuceltic View Post
    I agree. Whenever any of our players have good seasons, we should trade them. When they have lousy seasons, we should keep them ... until they have good seasons. Then, of course, we should trade them.
    Last edited by Ed Otten; 01-16-2007 at 07:03 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

OK, I'll play along...

I'm happy that this organization is filled with "Good Guys".

Paul Wilson is a great guy with a solid work ethic. That's a good thing.

Paul Wilsons shoulder has turned into hamburger. Thar's not so good.

Believe it or not, there are some arms in our Minor League System who deserve a chance to perform. It's hard for these younger guys to prove themselves with so many retreads eating up innings.

I'm sure Wayne and Jerry are "Good Guys" too.

While I sit and scratch my head, I really hope they do know what they are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by osuceltic View Post
    I agree. Whenever any of our players have good seasons, we should trade them. When they have lousy seasons, we should keep them ... until they have good seasons. Then, of course, we should trade them.
    Amusing as that may be, when it turns out that Ross's 2007 = Taubensee's 2000 you may catch on to what I meant by suggesting to trade him while his value will get no higher.

Quote Originally Posted by big boy View Post
    Amusing as that may be, when it turns out that Ross's 2007 = Taubensee's 2000 you may catch on to what I meant by suggesting to trade him while his value will get no higher.
    How high is his value really? What could he possibly net in return? I think if it was any pitching that was worth anything at all, WK would have already pulled the trigger.

I also would say that this contract may help his trade value. What do some of you guys think.

I would like to see the reds keep him and see what he could do playing everyday this year.
    WHEN DOES IT STOP!?!?

REDSBROWNSBUCKEYES

Quote Originally Posted by big boy View Post
    Whats wrong with the Reds having players who are at their highest value. Thats how you win isn't it, when you have a group of players playing at their highest level? If we just trade away players when they are at their highest value, you are always counting on the peices you recieve in return to pan out. We have seen what Ross can do when given the chance, and I think the foot injury he sustained at the end of the season was the reason for the decline, and also the reason for the gonna come back to earth attitude alot of people are stressing. It's a 2 year deal, and its not financially crippling so see it for what it is. He played well last year, and without the injury could have played better, so I see nothing keeping him from being better than all but a handfull of nl catchers this year.

Quote Originally Posted by OLD RIGHTHANDER View Post
    Whats wrong with the Reds having players who are at their highest value. Thats how you win isn't it, when you have a group of players playing at their highest level? If we just trade away players when they are at their highest value, you are always counting on the peices you recieve in return to pan out. We have seen what Ross can do when given the chance, and I think the foot injury he sustained at the end of the season was the reason for the decline, and also the reason for the gonna come back to earth attitude alot of people are stressing. It's a 2 year deal, and its not financially crippling so see it for what it is. He played well last year, and without the injury could have played better, so I see nothing keeping him from being better than all but a handfull of nl catchers this year.

Nothing, as long as they don't drop like a rock from that level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

REDSBROWNSBUCKEYES

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Nothing, as long as they don't drop like a rock from that level.
    I understand the logic, but whats to say that it will happen in this case.

Whats wrong with the Reds having players who are at their highest value.
    If he is at his highest level, there is only one direction in which to go.

I understand the logic, but whats to say that it will happen in this case.

I don't know if Ross is going to drop off, improve or stay the same. But the ability to distinguish that is what separates the good GMs from the not so good GMs.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

2 years of Dave getting out of the way of throws and baserunners.
    Sorry I`m not impressed

Turn Off Ads?