Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: I was wrong about....

Re: I was wrong about....

75% of this board was wrong in thinking that Kearns and FeLo should command a high value once they became eligible for arbitration. I have to think WK shopped them and that deal was the best offer he got. That trade turned out to be the ultimate junk for junk deal.

I was wrong on that one in that I thought Bray and Thompson would prove to be more valuable than what they turned out to be.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

I thought those bums they got back in the fall of '71 would never be worth trading Lee May, Tommy Helms, and Jimmy Stewart.

I thought the youth filled World Champion 1990 Reds would be great for many years after.

I thought adding Ken Griffey, Jr. to a young Reds team that finished one game short of the playoffs was a foolproof plan for success.

I thought we'd never be able to sign Votto, Bruce, AND Phillips to long-term contracts at the same time.

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

Jonathan Broxton's twitter account.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Jonathan Broxton's twitter account.
    I'm still getting my mind around the fact that there is enough appetite for information in the world that it occurs to ANYONE IN THE WORLD to create a fake twitter account for *Jonathan Broxton*. And that people then follow it.

The world boggles.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

At one point in my life, I thought that Jim Bowden was a good general manager.

'Nuff said.

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

In August of 1982, Duane Walker hit 2 HR off Nolan Freakin Ryan in the same game, during his rookie year.

I thought Duane Walker was going to be the next Roger Maris (at least).

I was wrong.

I remember that game.

Loved me some Duane Walker.

I thought Gary Majewski was a decent pick-up who could at least perform better than the Chris Hammond's, Rick White's, Mike Burns', and Jason Standridge's of the Reds 2006 bullpen.

Nope.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

I thought Juan Pierre was going to become a Red this week. Incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I thought Gary Majewski was a decent pick-up who could at least perform better than the Chris Hammond's, Rick White's, Mike Burns', and Jason Standridge's of the Reds 2006 bullpen.

Nope.
    Mike Burns was, I think, the worst pitcher Cincy had in the 2000s. I'd love to hear other opinions but I'm not sure that it will change my mind. Am I forgetting anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    Mike Burns was, I think, the worst pitcher Cincy had in the 2000s. I'd love to hear other opinions but I'm not sure that it will change my mind. Am I forgetting anyone?
    Phil Dumatrait was as bad as anybody I can ever remember pitching. In 6 starts, he pitched only 18 innings and gave up 30 runs.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Jeff Austin.

Poor guy.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

All excellent candidates. Burnsy had 36 base runners in 13 innings. I didn't remember how bad Dumatrait was. Austin was also awful.

In 1970, I predicted that Johnny Bench would break Babe Ruth's home run record. He hit 45.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

No. Dave Williams. The guy they got for Sean Casey. I think he single-handedly sealed the fate of DanO.

As bad of a GM as Bowden was, DanO was worse. They had some good drafts under him, but man he was BAD.
    Go BLUE!!!

Turn Off Ads?