Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I give up, I'm rooting for the Cards

I give up, I'm rooting for the Cards

I know it sounds crazy, but I'm tired of watching the Reds continue to be the poster for failure and watching a great and successful organization a few hundred miles West continue to win.
    If nothing else I don't want to see the Dodgers buy a championship and Boston fans don't deserve anything but Aaron Hernandez.
    I know a lot of you have simply stopped watching, but I'm a fan of the sport so I'll have to cheer on the pedigree of success in St. Louis

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: I give up, I'm rooting for the Cards

I don't really hate the Cardinals now that LaRussa's gone. Truthfully, I like Matheney and enjoy watching them. Overall I'm rooting for the Oakland/Detroit winner, but I can't bring myself to root for the Dodgers at all.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

4. Likes:

cinredsfan2000 (10-13-2013),Old school 1983 (10-10-2013),SporkLover (10-10-2013),texasdave (10-10-2013)

Don't do it, don't give in to the dark side.

6. Likes:

joshua (10-21-2013)

What's next? Neck tattoos? Turn back now before it's too late.

8. Likes:

joshua (10-21-2013),Wonderful Monds (10-13-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    If neck tattoos got top 3 MVP finishes and two rings then I'd brand the whole Reds teams, particularly "talents" like Phillips and Cueto

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Are Latos tattoos more appealing?

11. Likes:

KronoRed (10-18-2013)

Under no circumstances should a Reds fan root for the ultimate devil that is the Cardinals. None. Period. End of story.

13. Likes:

goreds2 (10-11-2013),Reds&BuckeyeGuy (10-15-2013),Slyder (10-17-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by redman123 View Post
    I know it sounds crazy, but I'm tired of watching the Reds continue to be the poster for failure and watching a great and successful organization a few hundred miles West continue to win.

yeah letīs find a new team because the old love loses and didnīt win a championship in two decades => weak

dodgers buying a title?! I thought the reds pay the players aswell I donīt like the dodgers, but I sure want to see them beat the cardinals...

and I hope the red sox win it.. (boston fans deserve hernandez? yeah wait, what did the red sox fans have to do with a murder who happened to play for a "boston" sport team that doesnīt even play in boston)

They seem to exceed the sum of their parts, almost always...

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon7 View Post
    They seem to exceed the sum of their parts, almost always...
    TWTW
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

I hadn't read the op thoroughly when I responded. I want to make it clear that the idea that "the Reds continue to be the poster for failure" is absurd and the Aaron Hernandez reference is unworthy.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

If nothing else I don't want to see the Dodgers buy a championship and Boston fans don't deserve anything but Aaron Hernandez.
    I know a lot of you have simply stopped watching, but I'm a fan of the sport so I'll have to cheer on the pedigree of success in St. Louis
    This post is crap. (Unless of course you really are just a Cards fan acting like a Reds fan)

Pulling for Detroit. And I think the kids in St Louis will come crashing down on the big stage.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

* Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

21. Likes:

Reds&BuckeyeGuy (10-15-2013),RedsBrick (10-15-2013),Revering4Blue (10-14-2013)

Do what makes you feel better. I, for one, get a major sense of enjoyment watching MY REDS play, even if they never win another playoff series. Because life is simply not fair as it is anyways. You don't always (if ever) get what you want in life. Sometimes you have to be patient and good things will happen. Just make sure you don't come back on these threads after Reds beat the cards to win the WS (I truly believe that this team will win ONE before I die).

Turn Off Ads?