Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Brand New Cap

Brand New Cap

Hey guys I just got one of those new Authentic Performance 5950 hats and I was trying to figure out some ways to break it in (all of you who own these know that they look rediculous when first purchased). I used to just do the old warm water shrinking trick which worked well but since the new "performance" hats dont shrink I have no idea how to get this thing broken in any time soon. If anyone else out there has any idea's they would be greatly appreciated because this hat looks rediculous the way it is now. lol

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Brand New Cap

Throw it under your matress for a night. I try my best to make the caps lose their shape when I first buy them. I hate the stove pipe look...

It sounds like the cap is just a bit too big? Like you said, the old wool caps shrink, which is why my old 5950 is too tight on me now.

If the fit is okay, just wear it indoors a lot, it'll break in fine.

I hate when you first get a little dirt on the cap. I just got one of the new BP caps. I'm waiting for that first smudge on the white around the bill. I'll probably own three of these things over time...

Quote Originally Posted by fadetoblack2880 View Post
    Throw it under your matress for a night. I try my best to make the caps lose their shape when I first buy them. I hate the stove pipe look...
    Yeah me too big time, it looks like a train conductors hat or something. It looks great on the players, there must be a secret

How ya like it? I'll get them eventually, I want the new jerseys first and those things are pricey enough. I can't believe I actually paid $30 for the BP cap.

Quote Originally Posted by fadetoblack2880 View Post
    How ya like it? I'll get them eventually, I want the new jerseys first and those things are pricey enough. I can't believe I actually paid $30 for the BP cap.
    Love it, the material is much lighter than the wool im sure it will be much more comfortable when it starts to get hot in those afternoon games in the sun.

In the past with hats ive had Ive beaten them up. Wear it in the shower, wear it in the rain. If you want to bend the bill do so frequently. Ive found throwing it in the dish washer helps out as well.

Where did you get the cap, redsman? I've been looking for them, but my local shops say they cannot sell them until March 30th.

Old Red Guard Reject

I always hate the straight bill. I sometimes take something cylinder-shaped can of pop, Pringles container, small coffee can, etc. and rolled the bill around it and put rubber bands on it to hold for a couple days.
    If you ain't first, you're last! - Ricky Bobby

I just tuck the bill back into the back of the hat. Then jump on it once or twice.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Turn Off Ads?