Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Does this annoy anyone else, or just me?

Does this annoy anyone else, or just me?

For some reason it always annoys me when people add "ie" to the end of their names.

There is a lame guy on 700 WLW named Scott Slone. People always call him "Sloanie".

I hear this done often and it seems to be a popular thing down at 700 WLW.
    There are no hunting accidents...It's called kharma.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Does this annoy anyone else, or just me?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Buckeye View Post
    For some reason it always annoys me when people add "ie" to the end of their names.

There is a lame guy on 700 WLW named Scott Slone. People always call him "Sloanie".

I hear this done often and it seems to be a popular thing down at 700 WLW.
    Does WLW still broadcast anything besides Reds games?

Who listens?

I mean, back in the day, sure. But what do they bring to the table now?
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

A lot of things annoy me..this wouldnt be one

For a Level Playing Field

I think Sean Casey will drive you nuts!

6. Likes:

Chip R (08-13-2013),CoachBombay (08-12-2013),Larkin Fan (08-12-2013)

Seanie? Or Caseyie?

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Some players and managers say that all the time.
    I think its silly, but if that floats their boats.

Don't think announcers should do it. Not surprised Seanie does it, he still thinks he's "one of the boys".
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Does WLW still broadcast anything besides Reds games?

Who listens?

I mean, back in the day, sure. But what do they bring to the table now?
    I haven't listened to WLW in years outside of sports broadcasts, but I tuned in recently on a long road trip out of curiosity. I found it hilarious that they still interrupt the mindless babbling of Eddie and Tracy every 10 minutes to give listeners a traffic and weather report. Is this helpful to anyone? If I need to know the traffic conditions or the weather forecast, I check apps on my phone. They find it necessary to tell me every 10 minutes that it's currently sunny with a slight chance of rain overnight and that there's a disabled car on the right shoulder of I-75 at the Lockland split. Thanks for the info WLW.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    I haven't listened to WLW in years outside of sports broadcasts, but I tuned in recently on a long road trip out of curiosity. I found it hilarious that they still interrupt the mindless babbling of Eddie and Tracy every 10 minutes to give listeners a traffic and weather report. Is this helpful to anyone? If I need to know the traffic conditions or the weather forecast, I check apps on my phone. They find it necessary to tell me every 10 minutes that it's currently sunny with a slight chance of rain overnight and that there's a disabled car on the right shoulder of I-75 at the Lockland split. Thanks for the info WLW.
    actually, yes I find the traffic/weather updated every 10 minutes pretty useful, especialy driving into the cincy area from north of town, I can determine if I need to take a different route. The weather updates are repeative (as is the traffic typically) but I enjoy knowing I can get a report on what the next couple of days should look like every 10 minutes.

Can I get all that info on my phone? I'm sure I can, but then I have to think to check it before I leave, or if something changes b/w my house and getting to 275, then I'd have to check my phone will driving. I enjoy knowing that if I missed it the 1st time around, I can get an update at every 10 min interval, then switch to something else if I prefer. Call me old fashioned, but I don't live w/ my phone at my hip, old fashion technology like radios work just fine for things like that.

Actually, radio gets any new listeners every 10-15 minutes. Listeners who hadn't heard the previous reports, and they are probably tuning in to hear such things, hence why they have so many updates.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Interesting. I found it annoying. With the constant updates and commercials, there was hardly any time for the actual show (which I guess isn't a bad thing with WLW hosts).
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

I find it difficult to listen to WLW anymore because it seems like they go to commercials about every 7-8 minutes.The worst cases are when they break about 10 minutes before the top/bottom of the hour, then come back for a couple of minutes before another break. Drives me batty, especially if you listen on iHeart radio and have to listen to the "classic promos" that are painfully unfunny.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    Interesting. I found it annoying. With the constant updates and commercials, there was hardly any time for the actual show (which I guess isn't a bad thing with WLW hosts).
    When I'm in the office, I pretty much have it on all day, its mostly background noise, I'm paying attention about 25% of the time, and even then not all that closely, I only really pay attention if something catches my ear. In the car, I'm a station flipper, which is why I'm happy to know wlw will have the weather/traffic every 10 min. I'll flip b/w 1530, 550krc, a couple of Dayton stations, some FM, etc... just depends on what's on, but if I miss the weather/traffic on one of those stations when I first get in the car, I know I can come back at the 10 min breaks and get an update.

The traffic updates are the only reason I tune in. Since I take highways with tons of accidents in the morning I use the radio to adjust my route as needed to make it to work on time.

Turn Off Ads?