Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 70 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: What am I listening to?

Re: What am I listening to?

2. Turn Off Ads?

blink 182

Right now I'm listening to the hives, but I'll probably put on the album from the baumer's icon next.

a mix:

"While My Guitar Gently Weeps (acoustic)"-George Harrison
    "Space Dye Vest"-Dream Theater
    "Comfortably Numb"-Pink Floyd
    "Cleansed By Fire"-Alice Cooper
    "Always Will Be"-HammerFall
    "Thirteen"-Johnny Cash
    "I Am a Rock"-Simon and Garfunkel
    "The Shadow Where the Magic Was"-James Hand
    "Lodi"-Creedence Clearwater Revival
    "Imagine"-John Lennon
    "A Tout Le Monde (Set Me Free)"-Megadeth w/Cristina Scabbia
    "Silk and Steel"-Savatage
    "Shotgun Innocence"-Savatage
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

They call me "chef"

The new My Morning Jacket record treads into some pretty funky territory for the band. The album is called Evil Urges and, if you can find a way, listen to the track Highly Suspicious.

The street date is early June I believe.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Just like the last time we had this thread, I'm seeing a lot of names I've never heard of.

They call me "chef"

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    Just like the last time we had this thread, I'm seeing a lot of names I've never heard of.
    Simon and Garfunkel are a pop duo, comprised of multi-instrumentalists and songwriters Art Garfunkel and Paul Simon. They're really groovy.

i occasionally forget how good they truly were before mostly becoming sober...

Use Your Illusion I and Use Your Illusion II by Guns N' Roses.

just think...
    Axl Rose always wanted to be John Lennon

Slash always wanted to be Keith Richards

Izzy always wanted to be George Harrison (ironic since he was strictly rythm)

Duff always wanted to be Paul McCartney or Sid Jones

take out the swearing, and these just might pass as Beatle albums if they'd survived this long.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

Quote Originally Posted by The Baumer View Post
    Simon and Garfunkel are a pop duo, comprised of multi-instrumentalists and songwriters Art Garfunkel and Paul Simon. They're really groovy.
    Well, I recognized some of the older artists, but I think I'm out of touch with most of the new stuff.

Well, I recognized some of the older artists, but I think I'm out of touch with most of the new stuff.
    James Hand is a new artist who does very traditional country with a bit of contemporary thrown in. Willie Nelson absolutely loves him, and it's from XM's Willie's Place that i know him from. great Steel Guitar and Slide Guitar work.

Best Buy actually can't keep the album on it's shelves, took three months for my Dad to get this album.
    Last edited by Ravenlord; 05-10-2008 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenlord View Post
    James Hand is a new artist who does very traditional country with a bit of contemporary thrown in. Willie Nelson absolutely loves him, and it's from XM's Willie's Place that i know him from. great Steel Guitar and Slide Guitar work.

Best Buy actually can't keep the album on it's shelves, took three months for my Dad to get this album.

I'll have to check that out then. I'm not much of a rock fan, at least not anything recorded in the last 25 years, but I can stomach some country. I've listened to that channel a couple times, but maybe I need to pay attention to the names.

I'll have to check that out then. I'm not much of a rock fan, at least not anything recorded in the last 25 years, but I can stomach some country. I've listened to that channel a couple times, but maybe I need to pay attention to the names.
    if it wasn't for using words like "it be damned" and "to hell with the devil" i would have thought James Hand to be an artist from the 50s or 60s. As it is, he's the BEST young Country artist i've heard. and the only country i like is old country.

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Baumer View Post
    Would you consider them East Coast or West Coast rap?
    Stick to your guns.

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili View Post
    Would you consider them East Coast or West Coast rap?
    old Snoop and B.I.G. were both awesome. Tupac (aside frome acouple) and P. Daddy (nothing of his is worth his existance) is worth it. ended with their "we're not hearing the whole story" of their deaths.

in the mean time, Savatage's Jon Olivia (Jon Oliva's Pain, Dr. Butcher, Trans-Siberian Orchestra) is the best songwriter of our time, IMO. i expect less than 1/4 of you to acutally look into that, but there you go.*

been drinkin' rum, but i beleive anything with Oliva or Mustaine to be the/my truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenlord View Post
    if it wasn't for using words like "it be damned" and "to hell with the devil" i would have thought James Hand to be an artist from the 50s or 60s. As it is, he's the BEST young Country artist i've heard. and the only country i like is old country.
    You like Hank III?
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Turn Off Ads?