Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is a forum for Reds FANS right?

This is a forum for Reds FANS right?

The negativ sentiment here is at times too overwhelmingly prevalent to bear. Whether it's bashing to death certain players to the point where it seems like some here wish for them fail, or the constant harping on our broadcast teams where users here are boasting over the fact that they get to listen to the opposition's feed ( http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60337 ).

Sometimes it's too much to be around.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: This is a forum for Reds FANS right?

Yeah, I'm usually against people excessively harping on the Reds but years of frustration and this horrible season brings out the worst in most. Myself included. There isn't alot of positives going on, simply put. Reds conversations are going to include alot of negativity, regardless of how much of a fan you are. I love the Reds and I always will. I've said several times that if you're a fan now, how can you not be loyal or die hard? I don't believe criticism of the team, especially recently, means anyone is less of a Reds fan. (I hate to say it but Thom has bothered me as well, I've never had a real problem with an announcer but there is something about him)
    Last edited by CRedsLarkin11; 07-12-2007 at 09:19 PM.

to tell you the truth, im more excited about the kids down on the farm then what going on with the big club...kind of sad

I am the ultimate die-hard Reds optimist; but even I am a little down on the Reds this year.

Quote Originally Posted by TC81190 View Post
    The negativ sentiment here is at times too overwhelmingly prevalent to bear. Whether it's bashing to death certain players to the point where it seems like some here wish for them fail, or the constant harping on our broadcast teams where users here are boasting over the fact that they get to listen to the opposition's feed ( http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60337 ).

Yes that get's real old.Most people would freeze up if you offered them money and put a microphone in their hand and told them to speak in a public forum.
    Last edited by Jr's Boy; 07-13-2007 at 02:48 AM.

Yes this place is for Reds FANS, but when you support the worse team in baseball it is hard to come up with to many positive things to talk about

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by Krawhitham View Post
    Yes this place is for Reds FANS, but when you support the worse team in baseball it is hard to come up with to many positive things to talk about
    There's plenty of positives.

Quote Originally Posted by Krawhitham View Post
    I think the common misconception is that a "fan" has to always be a rah-rah guy. In my mind, that's not being a fan, it's blind loyalty. Don't get me wrong, I love blind loyalty- especially in pets that don't know any better. But from fans, I expect more insight. If you blindly accept what you're being fed and don't question whether it's right or not, you're no more of a fan than a guy who hates every move the team makes. In fact, I'd argue the negative fan probably has more passion since it clearly hits hard when mistakes are made.
    I'm just like everybody else. I have two arms, two legs and 4,000 hits."

-Pete Rose

Quote Originally Posted by TC81190 View Post

I find it pretty ironic that this thread is about fans negativity towards the Reds announcers' negativity towards some of the Reds best players.

(you might have to read that a couple of times to understand)

High five!

Quote Originally Posted by redrum View Post
    I find it pretty ironic that this thread is about fans negativity towards the Reds announcers' negativity towards some of the Reds best players.

(you might have to read that a couple of times to understand)
    I know I had to read it a few times to get that.

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    I know I had to read it a few times to get that.
    I've read it a few and still havent got it

Quote Originally Posted by rotnoid View Post
    I think the common misconception is that a "fan" has to always be a rah-rah guy. In my mind, that's not being a fan, it's blind loyalty. Don't get me wrong, I love blind loyalty- especially in pets that don't know any better. But from fans, I expect more insight. If you blindly accept what you're being fed and don't question whether it's right or not, you're no more of a fan than a guy who hates every move the team makes. In fact, I'd argue the negative fan probably has more passion since it clearly hits hard when mistakes are made.
    I think we usually have a thread about this topic a few times a year. I always point out that the reason for being a fan of a team and having passion for a sport is enjoyment. I don't know why anyone else would be a fan if not for pure joy out of the sport and your team. I get frustrated as anyone at the Reds poor play but what can we do about it? As many times as we whine and complain that Chad Moeller is on the team or do some statistical research about the importance of Adam Dunn, there's nothing we can do about the team. None of us, as far as I know, are advisors to Wayne. Some of the constant bemoaning does get very old...

And redrum, that thread isn't about Reds announcers being negative towards certain players, it was about Thom saying something positive about Adam Dunn.I really don't understand some folks' on here dislike for all things Reds radio and TV.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    I think we usually have a thread about this topic a few times a year. I always point out that the reason for being a fan of a team and having passion for a sport is enjoyment. I don't know why anyone else would be a fan if not for pure joy out of the sport and your team. I get frustrated as anyone at the Reds poor play but what can we do about it? As many times as we whine and complain that Chad Moeller is on the team or do some statistical research about the importance of Adam Dunn, there's nothing we can do about the team. None of us, as far as I know, are advisors to Wayne. Some of the constant bemoaning does get very old...
    What I really dislike is the bemoaning about the bemoaning posts.

I like a forum where folks are free to intelligently express their opinions on what is right and what is wrong with an organization. Seeing faults in something you are passionate about is not wrong. It is not wrong at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    And redrum, that thread isn't about Reds announcers being negative towards certain players, it was about Thom saying something positive about Adam Dunn.I really don't understand some folks' on here dislike for all things Reds radio and TV.
    The initial post in this thread 'bemoaned' the fact that some posters are negative towards the Reds. That post included a link to a thread that the poster saw as negative towards the Reds announcers. One of the common complaints about the Reds announcers is that they are very negative towards Adam Dunn and the Reds in general.

I simply found it ironic that the starter of this thread felt that Reds fans should not be negative towards Reds announcers who are negative towards the Reds players.

Being a baseball fan is not simply about enjoyment. Well, maybe for a Yankees or Lakers fan it is.

Being a baseball fan is about loving the game of baseball, and supporting your home team through thick and thin. Supporting your team means that you have to pay attention. And when people pay attention, well, people notice things. Good and bad. Of course there is a name for fans that only notice the good things about their team. I think they call them cheerleaders.
    L.A. manager Grady Little had a bad feeling about Wednesday's game when he saw Harang and pitching coach Dick Pole walking in after Harang's warmup.

"I saw two big men," Little said. "Either could have shut us out tonight."

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig Reds Fan View Post
    Being a baseball fan is not simply about enjoyment. Well, maybe for a Yankees or Lakers fan it is.

Being a baseball fan is about loving the game of baseball, and supporting your home team through thick and thin. Supporting your team means that you have to pay attention. And when people pay attention, well, people notice things. Good and bad. Of course there is a name for fans that only notice the good things about their team. I think they call them cheerleaders.
    I'm not saying that a fan should agree with every move the club makes but some people on here think every move the Reds make and every player they acquire comes right from the toilet. Of course it is frustrating when your team is stuck in losing ways, which makes the times when they begin to win that much more satisfying. However, there is not a whole lot of places I'd rather be on a summer evening than a Reds baseball game, if they are 60-30 or 30-60. I love sitting on the back porch listening to Marty and gang call the games or sitting inside in bad weather watching the game. I enjoy that no matter how good the team is doing. The minute I stop enjoying that feeling than something is wrong...
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Turn Off Ads?