Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More exciting player: Billy Hamilton or Aroldis Chapman?

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

More exciting player: Billy Hamilton or Aroldis Chapman?

Finally got to see them both together in the same game tonight. So actual production aside, who is the more exciting player on the field, when they're in some game action?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: More exciting player: Billy Hamilton or Aroldis Chapman?

I think I'll go Chapman, just because he always has the ball in his hand.

Chapman by far. When he's on and throwing strikes, he looks just about impossible to hit.

It's gonna be fun to see what Hamilton can do, but he's still just a very fast guy who's good at stealing bases. I've yet to see much that proves he's gonna be a threat at the plate.

Chapman has had a couple years of exciting moments, while Hamilton has one stolen base and one game-winning run. Hopefully he has a lot more of those to come, but right now this one is pretty lopsided.

Yeah!

Also, from what I've heard Chapman's speed isn't limited to his fastball. He's pretty fast on the bases too. Of course being a reliever, we won't probably ever see it. He did bat for himself in that 2 inning appearance, and looked pretty good with the lumber as well. He took a couple massive swings, and I think he killed a foul ball if I remember correctly.

I've been saying this forever. Forget the trade scenarios with these guys. Baseball is a business. These two guys are gold.

9. Likes:

membengal (09-04-2013),redsmetz (09-04-2013)

Chapman

Chapman is easily the more exciting player. But it sure was thrilling watching Billy this evening. Everyone in the park knew what was coming, including the best defensive catcher in the business. Billy stole the bag anyway and got in position for the winning run.

12. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (09-04-2013)

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Chapman.

Hamilton was definitely a spark

Right now, Chapman.

If Hamilton has a decent enough OBP not to be frustrating and steals bases like Vince Coleman did, I think Hamilton has a chance to be just as exciting.
    Plus, reports have said that Hamilton has made some outstanding plays in CF.
    That will also be exciting.

That pinch running appearance was pretty exciting though.
    Great job to steal off Molina when they knew he was going to attempt a SB.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

I have seen both guys do things that I haven't seen anyone else do on a baseball field. Don't make me choose.

16. Likes:

Chip R (09-04-2013),dfs (09-04-2013),Homer Bailey (09-04-2013),Larkin Fan (09-04-2013),Old school 1983 (09-04-2013),REDblooded (09-04-2013),redsmetz (09-04-2013),Tommyjohn25 (09-04-2013)

Hamilton is exciting, but there are guys that have been able to do what he's done before (though not many). That said, I haven't seen anyone in my lifetime that can crank it up consistently to 102-103 MPH and blow people away like Chapman can do when he's on.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

18. Likes:

Old NDN (09-04-2013)

It would have to be Chapman..... unless Billy can beat one of Chapman's pitches to the plate.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Last night was a perfect example of how Billy can help us come playoff time....Hannigan gets a hit late in the game and Billy comes in to run for him....its scary to think of how much Billy can change a game once he is inserted as a pinch runner....

21. Likes:

Old school 1983 (09-04-2013)

Turn Off Ads?