Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Hoosier Hoops

Re: Hoosier Hoops

It's just unfortunate, because the majority of IU fans are good people.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    He is going to get fired and probably never get a good coaching job again. Honestly he had a second chance and he did the same dumb thing. I don't have much sympathy for that.
    Not only should he be fired but so should anyone connected with his hiring. The guy is greasy and his kind should have never been brought in to tarnish the program. I would rather have IU lose all their games then cheat.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Not only should he be fired but so should anyone connected with his hiring. The guy is greasy and his kind should have never been brought in to tarnish the program. I would rather have IU lose all their games then cheat.
    Greenspan should definitely be fired.

If Sampson was clean I'd still be upset that he has no idea how to run an offense but it wouldn't be as bad. The fact that he's cheating and can't teach an offense drives me crazy. I hope that Greenspan and Sampson are fired this summer and IU gets a decent coach.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Sampson should be fired and the AD who hired him should go as well. It was one of the dumbest hiring decisions in recent memory by any major university.

IU deserves whatever the NCAA dishes out and more ... hiring Sampson in the first place was stupidity of the highest order.

It makes me wonder how a guy like Sampson could have not only kept his job at OU but landed one of the primier NCAA coaching jobs at IU. The guy has a blatant disregard for rules. He not only kept breaking NCAA rules but how he signed Eric Gordon was probably on the boundary of being illegal. The AD and Sampson should both be fired. When you are in a position to teach young people these actions are just unacceptable.

If Indiana really wanted to make a statement, they would call a presser today and announce his firing.

Besides, I hear Bob Knight is available.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    If Indiana really wanted to make a statement, they would call a presser today and announce his firing.

Besides, I hear Bob Knight is available.

I would think they have lawyers looking over his contract as we speak.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

I am as far from a Bob Knight apologist as an IU fan can get.
    I don't long for the glory days since I started as a fan in 1996(my freshman year)
    But I really don't understand how the University doesn't do the ultimate PR move and get out in front of this train.
    Fire Sampson as soon as possible.
    Hire Dan Dakich to coach the team the rest of the year.
    Dakich is already on staff, it's a smooth transition and if he does well, you can even look at keeping him for a few more years.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    It makes me wonder how a guy like Sampson could have not only kept his job at OU but landed one of the primier NCAA coaching jobs at IU. The guy has a blatant disregard for rules. He not only kept breaking NCAA rules but how he signed Eric Gordon was probably on the boundary of being illegal. The AD and Sampson should both be fired. When you are in a position to teach young people these actions are just unacceptable.
    Now just to understand, what was on the boundary of being illegal? Heck I think even the unethical angle was overplayed. He recruited a kid who showed interest in IU. There's not a whole lot more to it, Gordon gave the verbal committment, didn't honor it(which isn't altogether uncommon)

There are 10000000 things Sampson has done wrong in this whole process but the Gordon recruitment was really not one of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    I am as far from a Bob Knight apologist as an IU fan can get.
    I don't long for the glory days since I started as a fan in 1996(my freshman year)
    But I really don't understand how the University doesn't do the ultimate PR move and get out in front of this train.
    Fire Sampson as soon as possible.
    Hire Dan Dakich to coach the team the rest of the year.
    Dakich is already on staff, it's a smooth transition and if he does well, you can even look at keeping him for a few more years.
    I love Dan Dakich, I will never forget the March 1984 game when he became Michael Jordan's biggest nightmare. It would be fitting if he was named coach and they went on to win the NCAA's.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3243793

Sampson responded by reading a statement after Indiana's 68-66 loss to No. 14 Wisconsin on Wednesday night.

"The allegations that I knowingly acted contrary to the sanctions that occurred while I was at Oklahoma are not true," he said. "I have never intentionally provided false or misleading information to the NCAA. I intend to work within the NCAA process on this matter, and I look forward to my opportunity to do so."
    Greenspan said he spoke with Sampson for about 90 minutes on Tuesday night and spoke to him again Wednesday morning. "I believe coach Sampson understands my perspective on this," Greenspan said. "I've shared that consistently and regularly with him. ... I think he understands the significant implications of this. These are not allegations that are brought forward lightly, or seen in a casual way or frivolous way." Before Sampson coached Wednesday night's game, Greenspan said, "I expect him to be there and coaching our team."

When asked whether he expected Sampson to be the Hoosiers' coach beyond the Wisconsin game, Greenspan said, "I expect him to coach in the foreseeable future. I'll let you editorialize ... on what the foresseable future means. What that means to me is, we have work to do. ... We're going to be expedient. We're also not going to rush to judgment."
    I think Greenspan realizes he's screwed if he has to fire Sampson so I don't think he'll do anything. It's possible that school will step in, but we'll see. I did find it interesting that Asst. Coach Jeff Meyer had this to say:
    "I regret that I may have made mistakes that are causing my and IU's conduct to be examined by the NCAA. … I will not comment on this process again before it is completed," Meyer said.
    Seems like a semi-confession to the allegations.

Two words: Sean Miller.

Quote Originally Posted by guttle11 View Post
    Two words: Sean Miller.
    I'd take him in a heart beat. But if Greenspan doesn't go, along with Sampson, I don't expect too much. Plus Miller may not even want the program by the time the NCAA is done.
    Last edited by Razor Shines; 02-14-2008 at 12:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I'd take him in a heart beat. But if Greenspan doesn't go along with Sampson I don't expect too much. Plus Miller may not even want the program by the time the NCAA is done.
    Maybe. If the AD somehow survives, there could be serious sanctions. If the AD goes, I could see maybe a scholarship lost for a year, a loss of a few TV games, and maybe 3 years probation. That might even be a bit high. More of a "What the heck were you thinking" penalty, with an "at least you saw the light quickly" lighter sentence.

Can't help, but laugh. Normally I wouldn't publicize it, but the UK thread has been hijacked a few times so oh well.

Turn Off Ads?