Turn Off Ads?
Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: 6/19/12 - Reds at Indians

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Re: 6/19/12 - Reds at Indians

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Lead down to 2.5 after going up four. This is going to be a dogfight all season.
    4.5 I think.

Pirates don't count.

2. Turn Off Ads?

And to think there are people that want him in the starting rotation :-/
    By leaps and bounds better than Coco Cordero, but I'm at the point of biting my nails down to the quick when he comes in to close anymore. I can't handle the 1 inning of relief that he does, I would die of a heart attack with 4-5 innings of that, if he'd make it that far.

Lead down to 2.5 after going up four. This is going to be a dogfight all season.
    Honestly, the Reds just need to remain as many games over .500 as possible and just keep winning series. That's my big prerogative. The Pirates will fade.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Not with the Pirates.
    Probably not, but the Cardinals are laying in wait. And the Buccos are hanging around. I still think we have the upper hand, but games like this really dampen the spirits.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Meh...Not so sure Minnesota is the greatest competition for the pirates right now. We have to remember, we might be the only team that has to play the same team in inter league 6 times, while we play them like 10 times in the Spring as well. Might seem like a lame excuse, but we were just unlucky and during our winning streak it was all good bounces for us and not so much for the other teams.

Quote Originally Posted by dman View Post
    By leaps and bounds better than Coco Cordero, but I'm at the point of biting my nails down to the quick when he comes in to close anymore. I can't handle the 1 inning of relief that he does, I would die of a heart attack with 4-5 innings of that, if he'd make it that far.
    And you are drunk if you would trade him for G. Stanton. (one of my favorite quotes of the year)

I don't condone this post by dman, I just seized the opportunity to bring that quote back up. :-)
    Last edited by kaldaniels; 06-19-2012 at 10:43 PM.

Yeah he sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Leaps and Bounds? Look up Coco's record as a closer over many years. Neither leaps, nor bounds.

Let's talk in a couple years.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Leaps and Bounds? Look up Coco's record as a closer over many years. Neither leaps, nor bounds.

Let's talk in a couple years.
    Yeah, Chapman is better at pitching than Cordero.

Not really close.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Honestly, the Reds just need to remain as many games over .500 as possible and just keep winning series. That's my big prerogative. The Pirates will fade.
    They didn't win this series. And Cleveland is not exactly the 27 Yankees.

Last night was nothing, Reds were due to lose.

Tonight, I could have lived without.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Yeah, Chapman is better at pitching than Cordero.

Not really close.
    You got one guy who is a long standing, durable successful closer. You have another guy who has been great for two months.

Again, let's talk in a couple years. We'll compare some baseball cards at that point.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

i saw that disaster coming a mile away.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    They didn't win this series. And Cleveland is not exactly the 27 Yankees.

Last night was nothing, Reds were due to lose.

Tonight, I could have lived without.
    I know, I'm just saying in general that they just need to pick up W's and not particularly worry what Pittsburgh is up to.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    And you are drunk if you would trade him for G. Stanton. (one of my favorite quotes of the year)

I don't condone this post by dman, I just seized the opportunity to bring that quote back up. :-)
    Haven't the foggiest idea of what you're talking about, and I have never mentioned trading Chapman at any time, let alone a trade for G. Stanton. Maybe you might be the one with a case of brown bottle flu.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    i saw that disaster coming a mile away.
    How so?

I had faith that Chapman would do the job. Chapman doesn't often give up HR's, and he always seems to get the big K. Unfortunate loss, but I do believe our closer situation is still a problem.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Turn Off Ads?