Turn Off Ads?
Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: 8/24/12 - Reds vs Cards

Re: 8/24/12 - Reds vs Cards

Cards have a murderous road trip. Everyone relax, only one game.

Stubbs strikes out.

Marty is going through all the men left on base for the Reds without mentioning that Latos was hitting in many of the key spots.

Phillips up.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    So, since Valdez and Cairo are on the team, THAT'S why you don't think the Reds are a playoff team? C'mon.

Does it really matter in the end who the bad games are against? Not until the playoffs.

NO....they are a playoff team.. They are just not a team that I see going far....with a bench that has those 2.

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    Can't believe after the season these guys have given us, with the way they've played without Votto, some of you are jumping ship over ONE GAME. Embarrassing.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    Not at all. But it does show how sitting on your hands again.....during the trading deadline for even a decent bat off the bench....is going to hurt this team trying to come back.

The bullpen has been a gas can as well lately. Hard to come back when the bullpen throws it back up. Arredondo has never met a 1-2-3 inning, Broxton is "unlucky" to the point of being bad.
    But if you think about it, when we get Votto back, we will have one of Frazier/Rolen/Ludwick/Votto on the bench every day, along with Paul, who has been great off the bench since he's been up. Getting Votto back upgrades the bench, too.
    This will not change until the Reds win the World Series.......

April 28, 2006.

Can't believe after the season these guys have given us, with the way they've played without Votto, some of you are jumping ship over ONE GAME. Embarrassing.
    That helps, honestly. Now I can watch the rest of this game while repeating "Votto is coming. Votto is coming. Votto is coming." in my head and feel better, like Bart at Kamp Krusty.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

It's certainly showing who the bandwagon fans are. That's for sure.

BTW...I still think we win THIS game.

Phillips strikes out swinging.

Not at all. But it does show how sitting on your hands again.....during the trading deadline for even a decent bat off the bench....is going to hurt this team trying to come back.

The bullpen has been a gas can as well lately. Hard to come back when the bullpen throws it back up. Arredondo has never met a 1-2-3 inning, Broxton is "unlucky" to the point of being bad.
    Not trying to pick on you but I keep seeing the "Walt sat on his hands" Maybe there was no good deal to be made. This team is sitting in a really good situation to have a pretty long run of success. As far as the bullpen they have definitely hit a rough patch but they are the best bullpen in the league.

I love this team. And I don't mean the Reds, obviously we all do we're on a message board on a Friday night, I mean this 2012 Cincinnati Reds team. I freaked out 6 weeks ago when Votto went down and thought the season was probably over. They've played incredible for those 6 weeks without their MVP. They can pitch, they play good defense, and they can hit a little bit. They battle back constantly and most importantly they are just a really good team.

I think we are going to be playing in October and I don't think it will look anything like 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    It's certainly showing who the bandwagon fans are. That's for sure.

BTW...I still think we win THIS game.
    I think this game is over, but I think it's just *this game* that is over. I don't think it's any way indicative of the rest of the season.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Agreed.

NO....they are a playoff team.. They are just not a team that I see going far....with a bench that has those 2.
    Well, we'll find out now won't we?

Quote Originally Posted by kbrake View Post
    Do you guys think this team has been lucky for the entire season? One game goes sideways and now people are thinking this team isn't even a playoff contender. Wow.
    As fans, is it safe to say that all of us see certain trends? As I've watched, the only one of our starting pitchers that is holding up is Cueto, and even he has been fading just a tad, yet even if he doesn't, he can't prop this team up by himself until the end of September, especially if the offense isn't going to give the pitchers some run support. Bronson always seems to be big opposing team inning away from blowing a big lead, as we see tonight, same for Latos... Homer is a head case, and I'm not sure of Leake. Games like this, and more specifically a series like this drives home the fact that something needed and should have been done at the trade deadline to shore up any one of the ares that this team could sorely use help in. Anything to help prop this team up would've been great.

If you're basing the fate of this year's team in the playoffs based off the 25th man, can you please tell me who'll win the super bowl this year based on final cuts coming up soon?

Ludwick strikes out swinging. 8-5 Cards after 6.

The Reds have struck out 10 times in 6 innings.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by REDSEER View Post
    But if you think about it, when we get Votto back, we will have one of Frazier/Rolen/Ludwick/Votto on the bench every day, along with Paul, who has been great off the bench since he's been up. Getting Votto back upgrades the bench, too.

I am waiting. It's starting to remind of the slow crawl of one of Justin Mornaeus injuries. Not Votto's fault of course.

Turn Off Ads?