Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Source: ARod faces lifetime suspension

Re: Source: ARod faces lifetime suspension

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    Sorry about that. Maybe you should stop basing your happiness about baseball on who gets into the HOF. I understand people still get upset about PEDs, but at this point I've just accepted them as part of the sport -- an occupational hazard, if you will, of playing baseball, following it, and enjoying it. Doesn't mean you have to imbibe, but you should never be surprised when someone else does.
    I don't base my happiness about baseball on who gets into the HOF, but as a father, I do like to talk with my son about the great players, and instill a love of the game in him. However, when I talk about the great players, and all of the ones I point to being cheaters, it gets kind of difficult to to explain that to a kid who is learning how to play the game. Either I point to the lesson that if you want to be really good and put up the best numbers in the sport you have to cheat, or I try to inspire him to follow something else in life like music or designing.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life View Post
    They are not seeking a ban based on failed PED tests, so it's not subject to the testing agreement and penalties. They are going after him for intentionally obstructing an investigation, lying and intimidating/coercing witnesses. If they didnt have enough evidence to nail him to the wall, this wouldn't even be a discussion right now. It's likely a tactic to get ARod to accept a long suspension without a legal fight, but if ARod balks or throws a hissy fit, I wouldn't be shocked if they do push forward with the lifetime ban. They are going to make an example out of him one way or another, just a matter of degree at this point.
    Braun did almost the exact same thing, why not try to get him a lifetime ban also?

Furthermore, I look at the career records lists and I ask myself if everything I've seen over the last 20 years is no more real than professional wrestling.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

5. Likes:

Red Raindog (07-31-2013)

At least Rose and Bonds are interesting albeit massively flawed personalities.

ARod, on the other hand, is just a dip.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

7. Likes:

757690 (07-31-2013),Big Klu (08-01-2013),Fullboat (08-01-2013),HeatherC1212 (08-01-2013),RedsBaron (08-01-2013),remdog (07-31-2013),Tom Servo (07-31-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    Furthermore, I look at the career records lists and I ask myself if everything I've seen over the last 20 years is no more real than professional wrestling.
    Wrestling is still fun though, so's baseball.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

With all this talk about Pete I thought he has an interesting take on all of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2TxcsV0eN4

Go to about the 6 minute mark and he starts discussing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    Braun did almost the exact same thing, why not try to get him a lifetime ban also?
    Probably has to do with the evidence they have against him. Remember, A-Rod already had documented PED use on his record, which Braun (to my knowledge anyway) did not before last year. A-Rod has probably been a prime suspect in a lot of the ongoing investigations and has a very large file in the MLB private investigations office (Is there actually one of those? Maybe not, but I always think of it looking something like the office in NYPD Blue for some reason).

I don't base my happiness about baseball on who gets into the HOF, but as a father, I do like to talk with my son about the great players, and instill a love of the game in him. However, when I talk about the great players, and all of the ones I point to being cheaters, it gets kind of difficult to to explain that to a kid who is learning how to play the game. Either I point to the lesson that if you want to be really good and put up the best numbers in the sport you have to cheat, or I try to inspire him to follow something else in life like music or designing.
    Yeah, I get it. That's tough. My son is 4 and hasn't started playing baseball yet. I guess I would probably just try to promote players other than the all-time greats who cheated. There are a lot of great players out there who are worth emulating. Right now he loves Joey Votto, for instance. Seems like a good place to start to me.

12. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (08-01-2013)

Yeah, I get it. That's tough. My son is 4 and hasn't started playing baseball yet. I guess I would probably just try to promote players other than the all-time greats who cheated. There are a lot of great players out there who are worth emulating. Right now he loves Joey Votto, for instance. Seems like a good place to start to me.
    Mine is 5 and has adopted Choo as his favorite player. When I asked him who his fave player was after the 2nd game I took him to, he said in true Pokemon fashion, "I choose you Shin-Soo Choo!"

14. Likes:

Big Klu (08-01-2013),HeatherC1212 (08-01-2013)

Mine is 5 and has adopted Choo as his favorite player. When I asked him who his fave player was after the 2nd game I took him to, he said in true Pokemon fashion, "I choose you Shin-Soo Choo!"
    See, that's fantastic. They don't have to care about the all-time leaders in hits or HR to love baseball when there are so many other role models out there. Choo is a great one, from what I can tell.

16. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (08-01-2013)

Show him some clips and stories of Eric the Red, Spuds, and Seattle Griffey along with a few others.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    Show him some clips and stories of Eric the Red, Spuds, and Seattle Griffey along with a few others.
    Absolutely! YouTube is a treasure trove for that stuff. Heck, I'd even show him some Cincy Griffey, too.

Not sure whether everyone saw the most recent news on ESPN, which details the evidence against A-Rod a bit more:

Rodriguez was presented with MLB's evidence in recent days, detailing what sources said were "volumes" of documents establishing a connection between Rodriguez and Biogenesis clinic founder Tony Bosch.

Sources said MLB was also given evidence supporting accusations that Rodriguez attempted to coerce at least one witness in MLB's investigation. That accusation is the basis of MLB's argument that Rodriguez may be punished for his conduct, in addition to multiple violations of the game's joint drug agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    Because Braun made a deal and it never had to go this far.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Just A Couple Johnny's OneManBand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Because Braun made a deal and it never had to go this far.
    I just love how he failed the test.. Fought that the test sample wasn't handled properly.. Denied ever using any PEDs.. And then.. Eh, yeah I used. You got me. I'm sorry. I think Kemp should of been awarded the MVP and 65 games isn't enough for someone who lied when MLB had proof of cheating..

22. Likes:

Big Klu (08-01-2013)

Turn Off Ads?