Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Ravens @ Bengals Tailgating

Ravens @ Bengals Tailgating

I'm going to be bringing a car full of people down from Columbus for the game this weekend, and I've been looking around the internet trying to find some information about the best places to go for tailgating before the game and really have had no luck. So I was wondering if anyone here could help me out with some questions I have;

1. What is the best public lot? I've heard Longworth or the CG-E lot are places to be. Are any of the lots north of third street open for tailgating?

2. What time do these lots fill up? It's a 4:15 kick so we were planning on getting down to Cincy by 12-12:30. Will the public tailgate lots be too full to park in by then?

3. What kind of cost is associated with parking? Is it a per-car basis or per-head?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have never really brought a full car down for serious tailgating. Thanks! Who Dey!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Ravens @ Bengals Tailgating

The lots on the North side of 3rd street generally seem to be pretty good tailgate parties. I'm thinking in particular of the ones near Front Page Sports Bar.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Longworth Hall is the place to be for tailgating, by leaps and bounds. It's among the great scenes in NFL tailgating. You'll pay on a per-car basis, around $30, but if you plan on using more than one space (one for your car, another for your chairs, tent, tables, cornhole, etc) you'll need to buy that space also.

It's also a quick 10-minute walk to PBS, so you can party until close to kickoff. Though because of the crowds and security, I wouldn't leave Longworth any later than 3:40ish for a 4:15 game if you want to be in your seats for the start.

I'll be doing the downtown bar scene on Sunday, likely bouncing from place to place working our way to PBS. That's a ton of fun also, hitting places like Knockback Nats, O'Malleys, Tina's, etc.

@Hoosier Red: I think you're talking about Head First sports bar on Third Street.

Yes. Sorry. Thanks for the correction. I knew it sounded wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds/Flyers Fan View Post
    Longworth Hall is the place to be for tailgating, by leaps and bounds. It's among the great scenes in NFL tailgating. You'll pay on a per-car basis, around $30, but if you plan on using more than one space (one for your car, another for your chairs, tent, tables, cornhole, etc) you'll need to buy that space also.

It's also a quick 10-minute walk to PBS, so you can party until close to kickoff. Though because of the crowds and security, I wouldn't leave Longworth any later than 3:40ish for a 4:15 game if you want to be in your seats for the start.

I'll be doing the downtown bar scene on Sunday, likely bouncing from place to place working our way to PBS. That's a ton of fun also, hitting places like Knockback Nats, O'Malleys, Tina's, etc.

@Hoosier Red: I think you're talking about Head First sports bar on Third Street.
    Reds/Flyers, Thanks so much! Your response is way more helpful then a ton of the google searches I've been doing. There just doesn't seem to be any one place with a Cincy tailgate guide.

Any idea if showing up around 12:30ish will be too late to get a space in Longworth?

I've done the bar hopping scene and you're right, that is awesome. Just kinda wanted to do something a bit different this time.

Thanks again for the info!

Oh, and thank you Hoosiers as well. If I don't end up in Longworth I'll probably look at one of those third street lots.

Quote Originally Posted by schmidty622 View Post
    Reds/Flyers, Thanks so much! Your response is way more helpful then a ton of the google searches I've been doing. There just doesn't seem to be any one place with a Cincy tailgate guide.

Any idea if showing up around 12:30ish will be too late to get a space in Longworth?

I've done the bar hopping scene and you're right, that is awesome. Just kinda wanted to do something a bit different this time.

Thanks again for the info!

Oh, and thank you Hoosiers as well. If I don't end up in Longworth I'll probably look at one of those third street lots.
    You should be OK at 12:30. They pack the people in there, including under the bridges. So you'll be fine.

Turn Off Ads?