Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: School shooting in CT

Re: School shooting in CT

Just read his Twitter feed. He's been updating the world about his depression and how he wants to kill himself for the past 2 months.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    This tragedy sucks.

It's still the truth.

Responsible gun ownership would have stopped this.
    Oh yes, the answer is to force teachers to be sharp shooters.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Just read his Twitter feed. He's been updating the world about his depression and how he wants to kill himself for the past 2 months.
    One of my friends jumped off the Sunshine Skyway Bridge last week.

Drove to the top at 8:00 AM, exited his vehicle and just leaped off the highest span.

He was mad depressed- we have an issue with this stuff and we need to learn to get folks better.

http://gawker.com/5968551/ The facebook profile being passed around might not be the shooter.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    If a few of these teachers were carrying guns this wouldn't have happened.
    Or even more people would've been shot.....
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    I just want to hug my niece and twin nephews, who are celebrating their 4th and 2nd birthdays this weekend.
    Reports are most of the shootings took place in a kindergarten classroom.

I have a son in kindergarten. This morning he woke me up because he was so excited it was Pajama Day at school and he got to wear his NFL pajamas to school. He was showing me all the NFL helmets on his pajamas and he was proud of the fact that he knew all the teams.

My wife has been on me to put his bike together for Christmas. I have been postponing it because I really haven't had time to do it and I really don't enjoy putting things like bikes together. I think now however I can find the time to put the bike together and on top of that I know I will enjoy doing it.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by WDE View Post
    This is unbelievably terrible. Worse than Columbine IMO.
    Literally this story makes me want to vomit.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

For a Level Playing Field

For those of you that are LATE to this thread. Apolgies were made about the whole "gun thing" being broguht into the thread. So STOP IT please. You are bringing it back to the forefront with your (likewise) POLITICAL comments. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    Reports are most of the shootings took place in a kindergarten classroom.

I have a son in kindergarten. This morning he woke me up because he was so excited it was Pajama Day at school and he got to wear his NFL pajamas to school. He was showing me all the NFL helmets on his pajamas and he was proud of the fact that he knew all the teams.

My wife has been on me to put his bike together for Christmas. I have been postponing it because I really haven't had time to do it and I really don't enjoy putting things like bikes together. I think now however I can find the time to put the bike together and on top of that I know I will enjoy doing it.
    Killed execution style.

That's a cold b******d.

I read the same twitter feed. I'm not going to jump to any conclusion as to whether that was his feed; however, it really is disturbing.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

That guy just updated his Twitter feed. Said it wasn't him. He may as well delete that account now. It's a horrible coincidence.

There are no words for this kind of thing. Makes me want to throw up.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

Quote Originally Posted by WildcatFan View Post
    That guy just updated his Twitter feed. Said it wasn't him. He may as well delete that account now. It's a horrible coincidence.

There are no words for this kind of thing. Makes me want to throw up.
    Yep. Not his Twitter feed. Although that dude should go ahead and get some help.

Apparently the shooter is not Ryan Lanza, but may be his younger brother Adam Lanza.

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Yep. Not his Twitter feed. Although that dude should go ahead and get some help.

Apparently the shooter is not Ryan Lanza, but may be his younger brother Adam Lanza.
    Agree. We can't just sit on sadness like that. We've got to be bold when people need real help.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

Terrible tragedy. My heart goes out to the parents and family of the victims.
    "I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." Stephen Hawking

For a Level Playing Field

Unfortunately a gentleman who works for my company has lost his daughter in this tragedy. We knew that his two kids attended this school when word first came out about the shooting there. I have worked closely with him from time-to-time in the last 5 years. I am sick right now. Still at work, but I cannot work. It is very quiet in the office as word was just passed around to those of us that work with him. Everyone has different ways of dealing. I have a duaghter in the the 2nd grade and find it hard to look at any of her pictures in my office b/c it makes me think "what if" and I get emotional.

You never think you might know someone directly affected, but kow I do. Man...

Turn Off Ads?