Turn Off Ads?
Page 36 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Trade Deadline Thread

Re: Official Trade Deadline Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Hence Rios.

And I don't think there's anything wrong with Mesoraco and his .731 OPS as a 25 year old. If he can get that number up near .800, he'll be a great backstop to have for years to come.
    I don't want to dump Mesoraco. I want to supplement him. Despite his recent hot streak he hasn't hit that well; Hanigan hasn't hit this year at all. I want to add a guy to help out down the stretch.

2. Turn Off Ads?

According to MLBTR, Rangers are looking hard at both Rios and de Aza. At a minimum, it would be nice to get their leftovers.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    According to MLBTR, Rangers are looking hard at both Rios and de Aza. At a minimum, it would be nice to get their leftovers.
    That's what she.....

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Ok thanks. Just saw the stem of the announcement.
    Yeah, it was just a procedural move to open up a spot on the 40-man roster for Greg Reynolds. Marshall has already been on the 15-day DL for 60 days.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    Marshall has already been on the 15-day DL for 60 days.
    I have always found this to be a confusing concept. It's like he managed to hurdle the space-time continuum unscathed!
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    I have always found this to be a confusing concept. It's like he managed to hurdle the space-time continuum unscathed!
    It doesn't need to be confusing. Just remember that the time period assigned to a disabled list (e.g., 15-day DL) is the minimum amount of time a player must spend on that list. He can, of course, spend more time on it.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

8. Likes:

RedEye (07-25-2013)

Does anybody know what is going to happen to Reynolds? I read he was out of options and would have to clear waivers before being sent back down. Then again, I also heard that doubleheader rules allow us to send him down without waivers too.

Anyways, if he does have to clear waivers which he likely will not. I am guess we are probably looking to trade him since our rotation is 6 deep (once Cueto gets off DL). I was thinking maybe we can offer him to Atlanta. They just lost Hudson for the year, we have traded a few times in the past (Janish and Francisco), and do not play each other the rest of this year anyways. Why not offer Reynolds and maybe some other guy to try to aquire some of their prospects we can cultivate or as trade chips another team may want.
    2015 Attendance 2-1 (4/6, 4/7,4/24)
    2014 Attendance 1-3 (3/31, 4/12, 8/14)
    2013 Attendance: 6-0 (4/3, 4/16, 4/17, 8/3, 8/21, 9/7)

10. Likes:

Redeyecat (07-25-2013)

Jesse Crain had a setback. He will be on the DL through the trade deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Jesse Crain had a setback. He will be on the DL through the trade deadline.
    Peavy it is then!
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

I'd love to see us get Peavey. It would cost quite a bit, but perhaps we would be able to deal Homer for a load of prospects from Texas then (?) I'm not anxious at all to trade Homer, but I suspect he would be thrilled to be working in Texas and away from the smaller park, not to mention Marty's judgements. This would also prevent our competitors from getting Peavey.

Quote Originally Posted by BungleBengals View Post
    Does anybody know what is going to happen to Reynolds? I read he was out of options and would have to clear waivers before being sent back down. Then again, I also heard that doubleheader rules allow us to send him down without waivers too.

Anyways, if he does have to clear waivers which he likely will not. I am guess we are probably looking to trade him since our rotation is 6 deep (once Cueto gets off DL). I was thinking maybe we can offer him to Atlanta. They just lost Hudson for the year, we have traded a few times in the past (Janish and Francisco), and do not play each other the rest of this year anyways. Why not offer Reynolds and maybe some other guy to try to aquire some of their prospects we can cultivate or as trade chips another team may want.
    Reds could keep Reynolds up and send Partch down. Reynolds could be used in the longman capacity until September expansion.

15. Likes:

Big Klu (07-25-2013)

I mentioned it before in this thread, but I like the idea of trying to aquire Scott Downs from the Angels. His numbers are really good this season and he would fill the void of a lefty reliever if Marshall doesn't come back. He is a rental this year, but we might be able to get him to sign a 1 or 2 year deal when this season is over.

My cousin knows the guy and he said that Downs is looking to retire to be with his family in Louisville, but I think he could be swayed if he could work here in Cincy.
    2015 Attendance 2-1 (4/6, 4/7,4/24)
    2014 Attendance 1-3 (3/31, 4/12, 8/14)
    2013 Attendance: 6-0 (4/3, 4/16, 4/17, 8/3, 8/21, 9/7)

From Jayson Starks Twitter -
    Jayson Stark ‏@jaysonst 21m
    Your scout lineup for Jake Peavy's start today: Red Sox, Cardinals, Dodgers, Braves, O's, Reds & Rangers have 2. #youmaynowjumptoconclusions

Obviously the Reds scout could be there for Rios or another player besides Peavy.

Quote Originally Posted by dunner13 View Post
    Your scout lineup for Jake Peavy's start today: Red Sox, Cardinals, Dodgers, Braves, O's, Reds & Rangers have 2. #youmaynowjumptoconclusions

Obviously the Reds scout could be there for Rios or another player besides Peavy.
    Dunn
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by dunner13 View Post

Sox announced today Crain will not be activated before the deadline, so gotta rule him out.

That leaves:

Rios
    de Aza
    Lindstrom
    Reed

and one we haven't talked much about on here: Alexei Ramirez

While he's not one to take a walk, he has good AVG and speed as well as a pretty good glove. Problem is he's owed a chunk of change over the next couple years. My guess/hope is the likelihood is that order- Rios - de Aza - Lindstrom - Reed - Ramirez. Gotta think the interest is pretty serious to have two scouts. We already know the other team that has two scouts has pretty serious interest.
    Go BLUE!!!

Turn Off Ads?