Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Left Field

Re: Left Field

Quote Originally Posted by Rock of Truth View Post
    For those who have said Heisey just needs to get some consistant at bats ... he should play more ... I hope you are right. For some reason, to me he looks like one of those AAAA players. Too good for AAA ball, but not good enough to be an every day player at the major league level. Brandon Larson was the AAAA prototype.
    i agree with this, let's see what we got in Hamilton im mean i feel like he can hit as good as Ludwick did the first half of last season. Heck his speed might account for a you few more hits than just his batting, and once he is on then watch out.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by KC2135 View Post
    i agree with this, let's see what we got in Hamilton im mean i feel like he can hit as good as Ludwick did the first half of last season. Heck his speed might account for a you few more hits than just his batting, and once he is on then watch out.
    he is not ready for the big leagues... he has not really power => he wonīt hit like ludwick...

give him the time he needs in the minors to learn cf and call him in september..

Radio

Much like the Chapman situation, we should trust the powers that be regarding Hamilton. They know much more than any of us

Quote Originally Posted by tomnuetten View Post
    he is not ready for the big leagues... he has not really power => he wonīt hit like ludwick...

give him the time he needs in the minors to learn cf and call him in september..
    True, I just can't remember such a hyped taken for us, I mean there was , Bruce, Cueto, etc but it just feels different with Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by KC2135 View Post
    True, I just can't remember such a hyped taken for us, I mean there was , Bruce, Cueto, etc but it just feels different with Hamilton

yes and I would love to see him succeed in a reds uniform, but this guy has yet to prove that he can get on base on a regular bases (in higher minor league...)

he canīt steal first base => get him the at bats he needs and convert him to a centerfielder... his arm isnīt cf ready yet...

7. Likes:

KC2135 (04-04-2013)

Heisey proving me wrong. Funny how this team looks 180 degrees different when you simply have Chris hitting in the 2 spot and BP at clean up.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock of Truth View Post
    Heisey proving me wrong. Funny how this team looks 180 degrees different when you simply have Chris hitting in the 2 spot and BP at clean up.
    I liked what I saw from heisey today and yesterday, but that were only 2 games... we have to see what he can do over a long period of time (sadly ludwick will be out at least 2 months )

Heisey should be serviceable as long as he doesn't press.
    Once Bruce gets hot he should hit 4th to protect Votto.

Quote Originally Posted by mgbrown66 View Post
    Heisey should be serviceable as long as he doesn't press.
    Once Bruce gets hot he should hit 4th to protect Votto.
    Dusty would rather jump of the Brent Spence Bridge than bat 2 lefties back-to-back.

Radio

Quote Originally Posted by Norm Chortleton View Post
    Dusty would rather jump of the Brent Spence Bridge than bat 2 lefties back-to-back.
    I would rather Dusty jump off the Brent Spence bridge than manage this ball club

* Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

I know.

Votto hits lefties just as well as righties.

But then, if it weren't for Dusty what the hell would we talk about all summer?

Quote Originally Posted by mgbrown66 View Post
    I know.

Votto hits lefties just as well as righties.

But then, if it weren't for Dusty what the hell would we talk about all summer?
    Exactly.

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

I'd rather go with a straight Paul/Heisey platoon.

I know it's early, but Robinson looks like he might be a decent LH PH option when Paul starts.

His speed made a big difference today.

17. Likes:

KC2135 (04-08-2013)

Based on what he's done with his few ABs so far, I think XP has earned some starts.

Turn Off Ads?