Turn Off Ads?

Thread: How about targeting Alex Gordon?

Off the schneid

How about targeting Alex Gordon?

If we want to target an alternative bat for LF, what about Alex Gordon? The former hot prospect 3B for the Royals has transitioned to LF with KC's AAA Omaha team and was hitting .320/.447/.577, with 13 homers through 66 games. He has reportedly done fine with the position change.

Could this be an opportunity to buy low on a still young (I think he's 26?) middle of the order type bat?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Johnny Cueto Fan

Re: How about targeting Alex Gordon?

Wouldnt be against it. For who?

Off the schneid

Not sure how highly KC is valuing him. They're currently playing Podsednik in LF rather than bringing up Gordon. Pod is hitting .300 but that's all he brings to the table. Not a real successful base stealer anymore and not like he's a great defender either.
    Might not take a lot to get him...

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

The Royals are definitely not in the market to be selling top young prospects. The only corner OFs you could get from that team would be Guillen, or DeJesus if you want to give up big-time prospects.

Are we even sure the Royals are sellers? They seem to have a decent amount of young guys to maybe build somthing around.

Quote Originally Posted by WildcatFan View Post
    The Royals are definitely not in the market to be selling top young prospects. The only corner OFs you could get from that team would be Guillen, or DeJesus if you want to give up big-time prospects.
    They would be if they've given up on one of them. Whether they have on Gordon or not I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by 1990REDS View Post
    Are we even sure the Royals are sellers? They seem to have a decent amount of young guys to maybe build somthing around.
    I'd imagine they're sellers of veterans like Guillen and Podsednik. DeJesus I don't know, Gordon I don't know.

I'd rather add someone who is 30 years old and has 2000+ Major League at-bats.

While I don't endorse Dusty's "veteran" ideas, I do think a "veteran" will be the right person to add in a pennant race. We have more than we need of "rising stars".

Whoever would give up Big Time prospects for DeJesus or way more Jose Guillen should be shot and not given a descent burial.

Turn Off Ads?