Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Why George Grande loves Freel?

Why George Grande loves Freel?

Anyone else sick of hearing how much George Grande says it's great to have Freel back in the lineup? I for one wishes Freel gets traded. Big deal he makes an occasional diving catch in center field when the catch could have been made standing up, does hustle, but lets face it, the guy simply can't hit with any regularity and they signed him to that big contract. (bad signing for the Reds).

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Why George Grande loves Freel?

George Grande says many ridiculous things, he should go. Its one thing to be optimistic but its a whole different story when your George Grande. Freel by the way is versatile, and he kisses babies. However he doesnt enjoy breaking balls, and after the concussions Im not so sure he'd make it as a politician when he hangs the spikes up. Im thinking he could go the Tracy Jones route in a decade or so.

Reds forums are NOT the place to diss Freel. Too many fans love his hustle and wish we had more players like him.

Personally, I think he's a great utility guy. He's fun to watch and has a great attitude. Even so, I don't think he needs to play every day.

Sorry, where is the place to diss Freel?

I don't think there IS a place to diss Freel. I bet even the reds.com forum believes Freel is the best player the Reds have and that's the most cynical board I've ever seen.

High five!

Next time he does it, think:

Freelings, nothing more than Freelings,
    Trying to forget my Freelings of love.
    Teardrops rolling down on my face,
    Trying to forget my Freelings of love.

Freelings, for all my life I'll feel it.
    I wish I've never met you, boy;
    You'll never come again.

Freelings, wo-o-o Freelings,
    Wo-o-o, feel you again in my arms.

Freelings, Freelings
    Like I've never lost you
    And Freelings like I've never
    Have you again in my heart.

Freelings, for all my life I'll feel it.
    I wish I've never met you, boy;
    You'll never come again.

Freelings, Freelings like I've
    Never lost you
    And Freelings like I've never have you
    Again in my life.

Freelings, wo-o-o Freelings,
    Wo-o-o, Freelings again in my arms.
    Freelings...

I wasnt dissing him, I agree with you that he is a good utility guy. But I do think he has flaws in his game and his mental approach bothers me at times, mostly at the plate and on the bases. Anyways, my gripe is with George Grande and social security, and Freel can do nothing about either. How old are you?

Quote Originally Posted by summerplight View Post
    I wasnt dissing him, I agree with you that he is a good utility guy. But I do think he has flaws in his game and his mental approach bothers me at times, mostly at the plate and on the bases. Anyways, my gripe is with George Grande and social security, and Freel can do nothing about either. How old are you?

I was just playin' a little bit with you. I like Freel's scrappiness (isn't that the word most often used to describe him?) but he's not the key to this team that some make him out to be. He's the kind of guy you love to have on your bench but there's no way I'd build a team around him, that's for sure.

I'm probably in the minority but I don't have a huge problem with Grande. He's really not one of my favorite guys to listen to but I don't focus too much on the play-by-play guys when I watch a game so his style doesn't irritate me too bad.

And I'm old enough to realize that the money I've paid into social security (as it is now) won't be there for me when I retire.

i don't like george grande, and i think he can make anything disgusting with how much he dings on it over and over again, but ryan freel is a real spark player which i think a team like this needs, he is one of the last guys that you would want to get rid of when he plays the way that he does, thats a great example for all the young guys to see a player actually busting it once in awhile, instead of guys like dunn who show a lack of hustle.

If Freel would get traded, that would kill my mini-Reds shrine i have.
    Its loaded with Freel merch.
    Whatcha gonna do, brother, when Brennemania runs wild on you!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Fazio View Post
    Anyone else sick of hearing how much George Grande says it's great to have Freel back in the lineup? I for one wishes Freel gets traded. Big deal he makes an occasional diving catch in center field when the catch could have been made standing up, does hustle, but lets face it, the guy simply can't hit with any regularity and they signed him to that big contract. (bad signing for the Reds).
    ??? Freel does the little things that spark a team no matter what the sport. He takes pride in what he does, which is hustle and make plays. There are very few guys in any sport with the intensity of a Ryan Freel. How could any sports fan talk bad about Freel?

Quote Originally Posted by durl View Post
    I bet even the reds.com forum believes Freel is the best player the Reds have and that's the most cynical board I've ever seen.
    That board has got be one of the worst message forums I've ever seen, and I visit a lot of 'em. I'm convinced your baseball knowledge is actually decreased when you read the posts as those clowns state hair-brained theories as though they're fact. I once saw a thread declaring Adam Dunn was in a slump because he was jealous of Josh Hamilton's homeruns, and should be traded so that he wouldn't continue to contaminate Hamilton with his vicious envy. Several others agreed and wanted Dunn cut on the spot. Needless to say, that was the last time I ever visited that god-awful site.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    That board has got be one of the worst message forums I've ever seen, and I visit a lot of 'em. I'm convinced your baseball knowledge is actually decreased when you read the posts as those clowns state hair-brained theories as though they're fact. I once saw a thread declaring Adam Dunn was in a slump because he was jealous of Josh Hamilton's homeruns, and should be traded so that he wouldn't continue to contaminate Hamilton with his vicious envy. Several others agreed and wanted Dunn cut on the spot. Needless to say, that was the last time I ever visited that god-awful site.
    I'm with you 100%. That board is either full of people that have NO knowledge of baseball or they just post there to tick people off. Either way, it's a waste of cyberspace.

Turn Off Ads?