Turn Off Ads?

Thread: The Incredible Hulk

The Incredible Hulk

Saw it earlier this afternoon. I didn't see the first Hulk movie, but this one really seemed to be unresolved and focused more on setting up future Hulk movies. If anything, it reminded me way too much of the first Spiderman movie and almost ended the same way, where the villian is defeated and the love interest is pushed aside.

For those still going to see it, there is no scene at the end of the credits like in Iron Man. I thought there was going to be an extra scene with Robert Downey Jr, and it was at the end of the movie.

In general, it was kind of a letdown compared to Iron Man, but I still have high expectations for Dark Knight.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: The Incredible Hulk

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Saw it earlier this afternoon. I didn't see the first Hulk movie, but this one really seemed to be unresolved and focused more on setting up future Hulk movies. If anything, it reminded me way too much of the first Spiderman movie and almost ended the same way, where the villian is defeated and the love interest is pushed aside.

For those still going to see it, there is no scene at the end of the credits like in Iron Man. I thought there was going to be an extra scene with Robert Downey Jr, and it was at the end of the movie.

In general, it was kind of a letdown compared to Iron Man, but I still have high expectations for Dark Knight.

i saw iron man but didn't stay for the end of the credits. what was the scene about?
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

Quote Originally Posted by toledodan View Post
    i saw iron man but didn't stay for the end of the credits. what was the scene about?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GUH74W8dm8

Marvel is tying in all of these movies to make an Avengers movie in 2011. The end scene for Hulk was also an indicator.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

They call me "chef"

My issues with the Hulk has to do with the overplayed running from the military angle which IMO muddies the pace and leaves the audience bored, but it is part of the Hulk's storyline, so I can't blame the filmmakers for it. But all things considered, it was a decent movie, barely makes the top echelon of comic book films, alongside but still far behind Iron Man and Batman Begins.

The Dark Knight makes all this talk irrelevant though. Best movie ever I have yet to see.

Senor Votto

I like that they were talking about the super soldier that created Captain America.

Went w/ two of my sons, 17 & 12. We all liked it.

"we're trying to get a team together"
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

I saw it yesterday in El Paso. Not much better to do when it's 109 outside. I liked it, way better than the last one.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    I saw it yesterday in El Paso. Not much better to do when it's 109 outside. I liked it, way better than the last one.
    Jennifer Connelly was the only good thing about the last one though

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Just saw it - really liked it. Soooooo much better than that Ang Lee piece of crap.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

They call me "chef"

Ang Lee's Hulk was on the Sci-Fi Channel yesterday.

Just as boring as I remember.

Turn Off Ads?