Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/27/2013 Reds vs Pirates

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Re: 9/27/2013 Reds vs Pirates

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    Guys, we have our secret weapon Heather in the stands, she's something like 12-1. Any lineup is going to win tonight
    I'm a little nervous now about this crazy record because I'm scared it's going to break, but I'm actually 15-1 this year. You can feel free to blame me if something bad happens tonight...I can take it, LOL

GO REDS.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

2. Likes:

Always Red (09-27-2013),AmarilloRed (09-27-2013),Gallen5862 (09-27-2013),KittyDuran (09-27-2013),powersackers (09-27-2013),REDREAD (09-27-2013),RedsBrick (09-27-2013),vaticanplum (09-27-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Last series of the year, most important series of the year, etc ... great time for a complete lineup overhaul.

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    Last series of the year, most important series of the year, etc ... great time for a complete lineup overhaul.

It's hardly a lineup overhaul. All he really did is switched Phillips and Ludwick.

Secondly, this series isn't terribly meaningful. It means home field advantage for one single game. Beyond that, it's meaningless.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Phillips has been bad for quite some time now...clean up hitter!
    He has always hit best hitting 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon7 View Post
    He has always hit best hitting 4th.
    But that doesn't mean he is good there.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloRed View Post
    I wonder if Brandon was vocal about being moved back to cleanup.
    I don't know, Brandon is a pretty quiet and unassuming guy.

9. Likes:

AmarilloRed (09-27-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    It's hardly a lineup overhaul. All he really did is switched Phillips and Ludwick.

Secondly, this series isn't terribly meaningful. It means home field advantage for one single game. Beyond that, it's meaningless.
    Pretty important game though, Tuesday. Would like home field. Not a guarantee but should give Reds an edge.

Worked out funny with Reds playing Bucs three, then again in playoff game.

Let's go, Reds, take the first one.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    The most important game of the year, that is.

Against a lefty I love this lineup, against a righty not so much
    "When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail"

Welcome to the Bud Selig Memorial Series.

14. Likes:

MillerTime58 (09-27-2013)

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

It's probably nothing more than the fact that Ludwick has hit Burnett well in a small sample size. Phillips has been Ok it's Bruce that really scuffles against him.

What is so hard about letting Bruce hit 4th? It's like Dusty will do it every once in a while, but he obviously doesn't like it.

17. Likes:

villain612 (09-27-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    Guys, we have our secret weapon Heather in the stands, she's something like 12-1. Any lineup is going to win tonight
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC1212 View Post
    I'm a little nervous now about this crazy record because I'm scared it's going to break, but I'm actually 15-1 this year. You can feel free to blame me if something bad happens tonight...I can take it, LOL

GO REDS.
    Go Heather!

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    I don't know, Brandon is a pretty quiet and unassuming guy.
    Smiles a lot, too. That's a great thing.

27 posts and we're still an hour away from first pitch. Very cool. And, while I'm not superstitious, would all seem to qualify as good-omen stuff.

I gotta feelling we're gonna win tonight.

p.s., I'm also fine with trying new things and the slightly revised lineup. My only ask would be to play Mes more but know Dusty's not going to do that. I keep remembering that amazing AB he had in PIT last weekend. The kid's hungry and he's strong. He should be playing more imho.
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

Kind of interesting--at least to me--that tonight's pitching matchup strikes me as the one that might be best for Tuesday also. For both teams. Know it'll be Liriano/Latos but just noticing that. Burnett totally had our number last Saturday. And I was in the minority that voted Homer over Latos for the Tuesday start on that thread simply because I like him a bit better when the stakes are very high. That said, maybe Tuesday will be a good chance for Mat to (re)establish his big-game bona fides.
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

Having Ludwick 2nd means that if he gets on base in his final AB Hamilton will be on for Votto, and maybe Phillips and Bruce.
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

Turn Off Ads?