Turn Off Ads?
Page 38 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Thread: Official RedsZone Television Viewing Thread

Re: Official RedsZone Television Viewing Thread

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    My so- called life
    Oh of course. Red headed Clare Danes. Groovy.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Pilots aren't usually the best way to judge a series. The pilot for The Office was basically a rehash of the UK version's pilot. And in some cases, the opposite is true. You can have a pilot that will blow everything out of the water and then the quality goes down. Unfortunately, sometimes pilots are the only way people will judge a series by. If they don't like, they may not come back.
    I never judge a show simply by the pilot because things tend to change as they start fleshing out more of the story. I always give it about three episodes as long as something keeps my attention. Example: I watched the pilot for Chicago Fire last fall even though it was panned by just about every critic and didn't really think it was anything special. I kept watching though because I liked the cast and thought there was potential for it and now that show is one of my favorites and a show that I don't miss. Pilots just get the ball rolling and try to grab your attention....it's up to the writers, actors, and producers to keep us watching and sometimes they do that better than others, LOL

Quote Originally Posted by R_Webb18 View Post
    A few years ago FX had a show called Terriers (Look it up on Netflix if haven't seen it. It's really good) That got crappy numbers and was cancelled after 1 season.
    Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    "Terriers" was a fantastic show. Such a shame it didn't get a longer leash.
    Michael Raymond James is now on my favorite show, Once Upon a Time, and I've heard nothing but great stuff about his work on Terriers. I've been wanting to watch it but it's almost impossible to find online. I checked both Netflix and Hulu not too long ago and neither of them had it. The only place I found it was on Amazon's website and IIRC, I think you had to pay for the entire season. I may have to check again and see if anyone else has picked it up but this might be something I won't get to see unless they release it on DVD.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC1212 View Post
    Michael Raymond James is now on my favorite show, Once Upon a Time, and I've heard nothing but great stuff about his work on Terriers. I've been wanting to watch it but it's almost impossible to find online. I checked both Netflix and Hulu not too long ago and neither of them had it. The only place I found it was on Amazon's website and IIRC, I think you had to pay for the entire season. I may have to check again and see if anyone else has picked it up but this might be something I won't get to see unless they release it on DVD.
    Terriers is on netflix streaming (you might have to search it)

I wish it was on blu-ray or at least dvd since I own a lot of stuff but for some reason it's not.

Stat geek...and proud

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Oh of course. Red headed Clare Danes. Groovy.
    She was so hot on that show......it's not pervy.... we are the same age. I had a major thing for her back then.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by R_Webb18 View Post
    Terriers is on netflix streaming (you might have to search it)

I wish it was on blu-ray or at least dvd since I own a lot of stuff but for some reason it's not.
    Oh cool! I searched for it on there but I never found it so I thought they didn't have it. I'll definitely be checking that out very soon. Thanks!
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Just started watching Twin Peaks on Netflix. Only one episode in. I almost can't take it seriously because all I can think about is "The Captain".

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Just started watching Twin Peaks on Netflix. Only one episode in. I almost can't take it seriously because all I can think about is "The Captain".
    I'm lost. Pete Rose? Captain America? Cap'n Crunch?
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

The character played by Kyle MacLachlan on 'How I Met Your Mother'.

10. Likes:

dougdirt (07-08-2013)

Well I cant watch Under the Dome anymore..Such a Boring show for such a great and exciting book

Quote Originally Posted by coachpipe View Post
    Well I cant watch Under the Dome anymore..Such a Boring show for such a great and exciting book
    I agree. I barely made it through the first episode, and bailed mid-way through the second.

And Doug, I love Twin Peaks, but the second season (specifically the middle of that season) is horrible. The first season is near-perfect television in my opinion, and some episodes of the second season are equally great. But boy, most of that second season is rough.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    I agree. I barely made it through the first episode, and bailed mid-way through the second.

And Doug, I love Twin Peaks, but the second season (specifically the middle of that season) is horrible. The first season is near-perfect television in my opinion, and some episodes of the second season are equally great. But boy, most of that second season is rough.
    I am currently in season two. Some of the stuff going on has been, interesting? Whatever the secret radio frequencies from space.... the "giant".... the one armed man shoe salesman in the police station.... I just don't know.

Netflix summer:

Freaks & Geeks
    Undeclared
    Scrubs
    The West Wing

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Netflix summer:

Freaks & Geeks
    Undeclared
    Scrubs
    The West Wing
    Mine has been

Friday Night Lights
    Parks and Rec
    Lily hammer

16. Likes:

Chip R (07-09-2013),HeatherC1212 (07-10-2013)

I like Major Crimes. I've liked Mary McDonnell since Dances with Wolves. Longmire is good, too.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Mine has been

Friday Night Lights
    Parks and Rec
    Lily hammer
    Caught up on Parks and Rec thru Netflix a couple summers ago. It's become one of my all-time favorite comedies.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

19. Likes:

Chip R (07-10-2013)

Turn Off Ads?