Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011/2012 UC Basketball official thread

Re: 2010/2011 UC Basketball official thread

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Not really a UC fan, But I do root for all the loacl teams in conference play, and today was one of the 1st games I've gotten to sit down and watch. Boy, was that frustrating.

They played brilliantly in coming back, but then just didn't quite have enough winning plays left in the tank. And then that lane violation was bone-crushing.

They may end up winning a game or two they shouldn't and making the tourney, but if they don't, today is the day to remember as a big part of the reason why they didn't.
    That was just a killer loss...as you mentioned, the lane violation was a critical play and a very dumb play on Bishop's part. Unfortunately, from watching this team all season long, it's not rare or surprising to see a player do something like that.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    Yancy Gates is like Demarcus Cousins without any talent.

Did anyone see him basically refuse to enter the game and then yell with a teammate? Pure chaos at that point.
    Yancy Gates does not deserve to wear the uniform. I don't say that lightly.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    Yancy Gates does not deserve to wear the uniform. I don't say that lightly.
    It's time for him to be dismissed from the program. He can go sit on his dads couch, play xbox, and smoke a lot of weed. It seems that's all he's interested in doing anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life View Post
    It's time for him to be dismissed from the program. He can go sit on his dads couch, play xbox, and smoke a lot of weed. It seems that's all he's interested in doing anyway.
    Yancy Gates doesn't seem to be smart enough to know he's blowing a lot of money by behaving like this. He had a chance to make some money playing this game.

Big win by the Bearcats tonight. Excellent intensity. If this team scores at all they should be competitive with anyone the way they play defense.

Huge win tonight and finally another signature win to really beef up the resume. That much being said, they absolutely have to win at Providence on Saturday too. Losing to Providence will pretty much cancel out tonight's win.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

They played UC basketball tonight. Few turnovers, tough defense and they shot very wel from the field. On the post game show Pitino said that this game worried him more than any other on the schedule and that's saying something since they still have U Conn and Pitt left to play. He said UC had their backs up against the wall because if they lost tonight they'd be out of the NCAA tournament.

Very nice win last night. This city will be crazy in March if Xavier, UC, Ohio State and Kentucky are all in the tournament.

Last night was a big win and a great atmosphere at Fifth Third. Now, we HAVE to take care of business winning at both Providence and Marquette and stealing one of three out of Georgetown (twice) and UConn. If that happens, we should be in pretty good shape heading into the Big East tournament.

Bearcats play well for the first 35 minutes and then shut it down early. Luckily, Providence misses a shot at the end of regulation that could have won it for the Friars. Bearcats regroup in OT and pull away with the victory. In the end a win is a win.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Bearcats play well for the first 35 minutes and then shut it down early. Luckily, Providence misses a shot at the end of regulation that could have won it for the Friars. Bearcats regroup in OT and pull away with the victory. In the end a win is a win.
    yeah they were lucky to get the win after dominating most of the game. They must have given up 8-10 points late on careless passes.

I thought it was weird Kilpatrick didn't play more, he only logged 13 minutes tonight (8points on 3/4 shooting). I think he gives the bearcats a better chance to win than Larry Davis.

Quote Originally Posted by Orenda View Post
    yeah they were lucky to get the win after dominating most of the game. They must have given up 8-10 points late on careless passes.

I thought it was weird Kilpatrick didn't play more, he only logged 13 minutes tonight (8points on 3/4 shooting). I think he gives the bearcats a better chance to win than Larry Davis.
    Kilpatrick is only good for scoring. During the first half Bishop and Dixon were scoring, so Mick could keep more defense on the floor without SK. Kilpatrick nearly gives up as much on defense as he is worth on offense.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Kilpatrick is only good for scoring. During the first half Bishop and Dixon were scoring, so Mick could keep more defense on the floor without SK. Kilpatrick nearly gives up as much on defense as he is worth on offense.
    True, but he's a freshman. He will learn how to play defense at this level. This team needs all the scoring it can get, considering how many times this team goes on streaks where they couldn't hit water falling out of a boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life View Post
    True, but he's a freshman. He will learn how to play defense at this level. This team needs all the scoring it can get, considering how many times this team goes on streaks where they couldn't hit water falling out of a boat.
    I guess my point was, during the first half who would you have sat, to get SK in there, given how the five on the floor were playing?
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    I guess my point was, during the first half who would you have sat, to get SK in there, given how the five on the floor were playing?
    I don't see why he can't be in with Bishop.

I haven't watched all of UC's games so you might be right about his defense but against UL he looked pretty competent on defense. I also think Justin Jackson gives UC better minutes than Darnell Wilks.

Turn Off Ads?