Turn Off Ads?
Page 47 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849 LastLast

Thread: 8.21.13 Arizona @ Reds

Re: 8.21.13 Arizona @ Reds

This Phillips/Votto discussion is bizarre.

It was a terrible throw by BP and a terrible attempt at a pick by Votto. Both are at fault.

End of discussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

2. Likes:

cumberlandreds (08-22-2013),OnBaseMachine (08-21-2013),Roy Tucker (08-21-2013),Tom Servo (08-21-2013),WVRedsFan (08-21-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    That game was an awful and amazing game at the same time. I give Chapman all the credit in the world for the 8th and 9th. The house was on fire, he put it out, started it on fire again, then put it out again.
    And looked functional with a bat in his hands while he was at it!

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    And looked functional with a bat in his hands while he was at it!
    I know it won't happen much, but I'd love to see more ABs from him. He seemed like he was seeing the pitches really well.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    I know it won't happen much, but I'd love to see more ABs from him. He seemed like he was seeing the pitches really well.
    I want him to play 1B. He was totally willing to expand the zone in a RISP situation.

7. Likes:

757690 (08-22-2013),Norm Chortleton (08-21-2013),reds44 (08-21-2013),RedsBaron (08-22-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    3.0 games back in the toughest division in baseball, in the most exciting race this division has seen in quite some time...all of this with our cleanup hitter, ace, primary catcher and two of our top three relievers spending ample time on the DL.

Not ideal, but I'll take it
    Well I did not say I was not happy....just irritated and confused.

Reds win tomorrow and they make it very very difficult for anyone to catch them for that last wildcard spot.

Just saw on Twitter that the ump didn't let Dusty double switch since he signaled to the pen before talking to the ump. Not a mistake you see often...or ever, but it was a weird night.

It's a lot more difficult to catch a 1 hop thrown ball than it is to catch pivot and throw while the runner tries to take your legs out.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorTofty View Post
    And where is this coming from? A few days ago they won 9-1 against the Brewers, and not long before that, it was 5-0 against the Cubs.
    Last time I was watching a game and following up here was the Milwaukee game of 7-6....so maybe my timing is bad?

Figures. We went up 8-0, and I headed back to the office to do some last minute work before leaving town tomorrow for four days. I come back to an 8-7 game. It was at that point that I had to apply beer in hopes it would calm me down (which it did). Pins and needles until the 8th when The Toddfather, and others came through to put it out of reach despite Arizona's playing this like the last game on earth. Win tomorrow and things seem to be falling in pace. I hope.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon7 View Post
    It's a lot more difficult to catch a 1 hop thrown ball than it is to catch pivot and throw while the runner tries to take your legs out.
    What is the point of this?

It was a bad throw. A lot of things in baseball are difficult. If you notice, Phillips got the error, not Votto. That's because when your 2nd baseman throws one in the dirt and it gets away, it's an error on the 2nd baseman. You don't assume a ball "should" be picked.

Now if you want to run down Votto, that's fantastic. Leave logic out of it.

Bad throw, bad pick attempt, bad play on both ends.
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Broxton, Marshall, Madson, Masset, Bray.

Lot of money thrown at good relievers who couldn't stay healthy. Too bad.
    I think we have a lesson to be learned here, considering the way the likes (and salaries) of Lecure, Hoover, Simon, and Parra have held the pen together. Or maybe it's just a run of rotten luck..
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Marshall got hurt one time and all of a sudden he can't stay healthy? Wut?

Here's a newsflash, the vast majority of pitchers will get hurt at some point.

17. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (08-22-2013),Tom Servo (08-22-2013)

With the way Parra and Hoover have came around I think our bullpen will be fine in a playoff situation. Having another lefty would be nice tho so it'd be great if Marshall can get back and be effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    I think we have a lesson to be learned here, considering the way the likes (and salaries) of Lecure, Hoover, Simon, and Parra have held the pen together. Or maybe it's just a run of rotten luck..
    Yes. That you can't have enough pitching and why Walt is constantly trying to obtain more of it.

Turn Off Ads?