Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Marty Brennaman

Re: Marty Brennaman

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Man he's doing this 1st freaking class.

Has 3 young young bald kids with cancer.....all have matching shirts....that Marty is also wearing.

Marty will never get another negative comment from me. Awesome stuff.
    Class Act!
    We only live in patches. - H. G. Wells

2. Turn Off Ads?

I have a friend whose 8-year old daughter beat the piss out of cancer!!!

During her treatments the Dragonfly foundation was an amazing outlet for her and gave her Reds tickets, Kings Island passes, etc. The smiles that they created are immeasurable.

I'll never tell anyone how to spend their hard earned $$$$ but, if you are the donating type, I can vouch that the Dragonfly foundation is well worth your contribution.

Holy crap he kind of looks like Joe in that pic on this board

A hall of fame moment....nothing but class....Marty being 70 did so much tonight for the masses we will never know about.

I have a teenage daughter who spent the first half of this year going thru chemo. Never expected Marty or the Reds to be thoughtful enough to include those kids, but what an incredibly thoughtful, kind and uplifting gesture. Never been prouder to be a 40 year Reds fan.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemo14 View Post
    I have a teenage daughter who spent the first half of this year going thru chemo. Never expected Marty or the Reds to be thoughtful enough to include those kids, but what an incredibly thoughtful, kind and uplifting gesture. Never been prouder to be a 40 year Reds fan.
    Well said. I hope that your daughter is doing well! Beat cancer's sorry ass!

I teared up quite a bit to be honest. Marty has had such a great impact on the first 25 years of my life, love him forever.

Bringing out the kids with cancer really tugged at my heartstrings. When I was in middle school a bunch of us shaved our heads at school to make a bald kid with leukemia feel a little better about herself, and this was really nice of him.

Good for Marty. He raised some money for a good cause and the Reds won to boot.

I thought the 1974 call of Hank Aaron's opening day homerun was awesome. Last night was probably his number one moment. Nice job Marty and best wishes to the kids.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

I'm sure that was some great ratings last night - couldn't stop watching!
    Bring on 2018! #%?*!

Last night will go down as one of the greatest games I'll ever attend and one of the coolest moments at a ballpark. It was absolutely a PR gem. Jim Day on the mic was great. I almost lost it when Marty brought out the children and told the story of how "he was going to look like them" - heck even Marty got choked up recounting the story. Of the nearly 41k that attended, it appeared that 90% or more stuck around.

To recap: I saw my first inside the parker, a pitcher hit a home run, and Marty shaving his head. 3 things that are rare to see live for sure.

Literally can't wait for the the game tonight!

Pastor, dad and husband Mr Larkin's Avatar

Who would have thought - it took Marty shaving his head to have a thread with all positive remarks on The Sundeck.

He looks like S.R. Hadden (John Hurt) from the movie Contact.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=0UkUPED3y34

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Larkin View Post
    Who would have thought - it took Marty shaving his head to have a thread with all positive remarks on The Sundeck.
    Of course until yours - well, and mine just now

But I kid

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jhiller21 View Post
    Bringing out the kids with cancer really tugged at my heartstrings. When I was in middle school a bunch of us shaved our heads at school to make a bald kid with leukemia feel a little better about herself, and this was really nice of him.

Good for Marty. He raised some money for a good cause and the Reds won to boot.
    I'm not a big emotional person, but the one thing that will get me every time is kids battling cancer and other serious diseases. There's no greater cause.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Turn Off Ads?