Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: World's lamest ballpark village opens next to Busch in St. Louis

Re: World's lamest ballpark village opens next to Busch in St. Louis

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    According to the article, there are nine places with that dress code. I doubt they are all $100 a dinner places. If they aren't, the why the extreme dress code?

Btw, Mike Shannon's Steakhouse is across from the stadium as well. It's been there for decades, a great place to get a nice $100 dinner. They have no official dress code, as far as I know. I've seen guys violate all those other dress code rules at Mike Shannon's and no one ever said anything.
    So what you are saying is that every bar isnt the same? And as for why the places that arent $100 dinner places have a dress code? My guess is they OWN the place and have very right to decide what clientele they want to abide to. I would guess after reading the responses here it would be a good idea to open a place that caters to peoples pants sagging and hats. You would have a monopoly on that market.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    I'd be with them if they banned polos tucked into shorts. Or just shorts on men. Shorts are for school boys who somehow befriend Godzilla, not grown men.
    I am mostly on board, but man, it is just too hot in Cincinnati in the summer to not wear shorts. In my defense, I put it off as long as I possibly can.

Shorts are for school boys who somehow befriend Godzilla, not grown men.
    You're confusing Godzilla with Gamera, friend of all children.

Plus, you also live in a place where it rarely gets hot. Try being anti-shorts in a place where it commonly gets to 90 degrees with maximum humidity during the summertime.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

5. Likes:

bounty37h (03-26-2014),Number_Fourteen (03-27-2014),OGB (03-27-2014),pahster (03-26-2014),Red in Chicago (03-26-2014),reds1869 (03-26-2014),westofyou (03-26-2014),Wonderful Monds (03-26-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    My thing is though, if it is 100% about dress code, they left out a lot of obvious ones that are just as bad as anything on the list.
    What are those?

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Don't know about the Banks but a few years ago, GAC, RFS and I wanted to go to Cadillac Ranch (Was that the name of the place on 6th and Walnut?) Anyway those two had hats on - I might have as well - and they wouldn't let us go in cause of that. So we went over to Arnold's and had a good time.
    Boy, talk about the "wrong element."
    Last edited by RichRed; 03-26-2014 at 04:46 PM.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

8. Likes:

KittyDuran (03-26-2014),OGB (03-27-2014),Roy Tucker (03-26-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by indyscott View Post
    What are those?
    The one that immediately comes to mind are cutoffs, which are unfortunately a thing again, and are just as sloppy as anything else in the dress code.

What are those?
    Dockers

The one that immediately comes to mind are cutoffs, which are unfortunately a thing again, and are just as sloppy as anything else in the dress code.
    Are cutoffs a white thing? I guess I am way out of the loop.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    You're confusing Godzilla with Gamera, friend of all children.
    I know my Toho:

Ichiro Miki (Tomonori Yazaki) is a highly imaginative but lonely latchkey kid growing up in urban (and at that time, polluted) Tokyo. Every day he comes home to his family's empty apartment. His only friends are a toymaker named Shinpei Inami (Eisei Amamoto) and a young girl named Sachiko (Hidemi Ito). Every day after school, Ichiro is tormented by a gang of bullies led by a child named Sancho (Junichi Ito), whom Ichiro has nicknamed "Gabara." To escape his loneliness, Ichiro sleeps and dreams about visiting Monster Island. During his visit he witnesses Godzilla battle three Kamacuras and Ebirah, a giant sea monster. Ichiro is then chased by a rogue Kamacuras and falls into a deep cave, but luckily avoids being caught by Kamacuras. Shortly afterwards, Ichiro is rescued from the cave by Godzilla's Son, Minilla. Ichiro quickly learns that Minilla has bully problems too, as he is bullied by a monstrous ogre known as Gabara.
    Plus, you also live in a place where it rarely gets hot. Try being anti-shorts in a place where it commonly gets to 90 degrees with maximum humidity during the summertime.
    I've got a buddy who just finished a two-year Peace Corps stint in the Dominican Republic. He said the men rarely wear shorts.

Heat rises, wear trousers and shave your head.

You'd have to be a racist to think any of this is racist.

Downtown St. Louis is slowly returning to a place where one can safely walk around after 5:00 pm, after being a place to avoid and a ghost town for a couple of decades. Downtown literally died in St. Louis. Anything that would invite an element that tries to identify itself with any of the atrocities of the negative, recent past, would take away from the effort that's been put into reclaiming Downtown St. Louis as a place where people can feel same to travel in the evening and at nighttime. To expect people to be well-dressed is a step that this community feels is a step in the right direction for reaching the goals of making downtown St. Louis attractive and safe. Since when is it racist to not be well-dressed?
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

14. Likes:

jimbo (03-26-2014)

It looks sexist to me. Men can't expose undergarments but women can?

So what you are saying is that every bar isnt the same? And as for why the places that arent $100 dinner places have a dress code? My guess is they OWN the place and have very right to decide what clientele they want to abide to. I would guess after reading the responses here it would be a good idea to open a place that caters to peoples pants sagging and hats. You would have a monopoly on that market.
    No one says they can't have this dress code. The issue is why they have this dress code.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

I know my Toho
    That's the one were they went after the Daiei kids market, which was dominated by Gamera.

I've got a buddy who just finished a two-year Peace Corps stint in the Dominican Republic. He said the men rarely wear shorts.

Heat rises, wear trousers and shave your head.
    A) I'm not taking fashion advice from any place that requires the Peace Corps.

B) I've managed to keep my hair and I'm damn happy about that. No way am I shaving my head.
    Last edited by M2; 03-26-2014 at 06:04 PM.

18. Likes:

OGB (03-27-2014),Rojo (03-26-2014),wlf WV (03-31-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    No one says they can't have this dress code. The issue is why they have this dress code.
    My guess is because they do demographics and see who spends money and they cater to those people. Do you think they do this to cost themselves money?

Quote Originally Posted by kingspoint View Post
    you'd have to be a racist to think any of this is racist.

Downtown st. Louis is slowly returning to a place where one can safely walk around after 5:00 pm, after being a place to avoid and a ghost town for a couple of decades. Downtown literally died in st. Louis. Anything that would invite an element that tries to identify itself with any of the atrocities of the negative, recent past, would take away from the effort that's been put into reclaiming downtown st. Louis as a place where people can feel same to travel in the evening and at nighttime. To expect people to be well-dressed is a step that this community feels is a step in the right direction for reaching the goals of making downtown st. Louis attractive and safe. Since when is it racist to not be well-dressed?
    youre a racist if you point out racism!!! Thanks, that's an old favorite of mine.

PS: being well dressed is entirely subjective and it's rather telling when they chose to target the "less than well dressed" aspects of a certain culture.

21. Likes:

pahster (03-26-2014)

Turn Off Ads?