Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NLDS roster set

NLDS roster set

haven't see it and I'm very anxious to see how it turns out

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: do we have a final roster yet?

3 hours prior to first pitch. I'm curious about Washington too...just in case SS is there.

Formerly Farsighted Fan sabometrics's Avatar

i'm freakin out man
    "He looked like a surfer kid from SoCal," manager Dusty Baker says. "He didn't say much, but you could tell he was cool."

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sabometrics View Post
    i'm freakin out man
    You ARE freaking out...man! - YouTube

Formerly Farsighted Fan sabometrics's Avatar

the stubbzzberries taste like stubbzzberries
    "He looked like a surfer kid from SoCal," manager Dusty Baker says. "He didn't say much, but you could tell he was cool."

-The Insider-

NLDS roster set
    Here is the breakdown of the Reds’ NLDS roster:
    Position players:

Catchers (2): Ryan Hanigan, Dioner Navarro
    Infielders (7): Joey Votto, Brandon Phillips, Scott Rolen, Zack Cozart, Todd Frazier, Miguel Cairo, Wilson Valdez
    Outfielders (5): Ryan Ludwick, Drew Stubbs, Jay Bruce, Chris Heisey, Xavier Paul
    Pitchers:

Starters (4): Johnny Cueto, Bronson Arroyo, Mat Latos, Homer Bailey
    Relievers (7): Aroldis Chapman, Sean Marshall, Jonathan Broxton, Sam LeCure, Jose Arredondo, J.J. Hoover, Alfredo Simon
    Three players in the traveling party had to go – reliever Logan Ondrusek, starting pitcher Mike Leake and catcher Devin Mesoraco.
    Ondrusek was 5-2 with a 3.46 ERA in 63 appearances this season. But he struggled down the stretch with a 5.02 ERA over his final 16 games with nine walks and 18 hits over 14 1/3 innings.
    Leake, the Reds fifth starter this season, was hoping to make the club as a long reliever and potential pinch-hitter. In 30 starts, he was 8-9 with a 4.58 ERA in 179 innings while batting .295 with two home runs.
    Mesoraco, the Reds top prospect entering the season, struggled in a backup role and batted .212 with five home runs in 54 games. He demoted to Triple-A Louisville on Aug. 23 and has had only three at-bats since returning as a September call-up – and none since Sept. 10.

Share this:

Based on some Twitter reports, Hoover, Simon, Valdez, Cairo, Navarro are on -- Leake, Mes, Ondrusek are off. Arredondo is on.

I'm sure full report about to come out.

I see this crossed in the mail with the post above.

Probably the right choices.

Leake will be debated. If the Reds have to go to the bullpen early on in a game, it will be for Lecure or Simon, and if a game goes extra innings, I would rather see Simon than Leake.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Probably the right choices.

Leake will be debated. If the Reds have to go to the bullpen early on in a game, it will be for Lecure or Simon, and if a game goes extra innings, I would rather see Simon than Leake.
    I thought Leake would make it at first, but I guess I'm not too surprised. Simon's excelled in that role all year.

Re: NLDS roster set

thank you!...and for the sticky merge

btw very happy for Simon and Paul

Paul absolutely was deserving imo. The only real debates here are Mes over Cairo (could have used Dioner as a switch hitting PH'er then) and leaving Leake off, since he's versatile (ph, pr, bullpen etc).

Not really *****ing about it, just kinda surprised with those 2 left off for the reasons stated above.

Feel bad for Leake, to not be a part of something you contributed heavily too all year, has to stink. That said, I'd just assume save his arm for the future and put him in the dugout with his team. If he's forced to sit at home (I don't know) that would really be lame. Again I have no idea how they handle that off-hand.

I hope Cairo and Valdez, Simon and LeCure never get in a game.
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by powersackers View Post
    I hope Cairo and Valdez, Simon and LeCure never get in a game.
    Why Lecure? He's been really good the last couple of months. If a starter gets into trouble around the 5 or 6th inning he would be one to fill that spot.

No surprises. It's what I thought it woud be.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Why Lecure? He's been really good the last couple of months. If a starter gets into trouble around the 5 or 6th inning he would be one to fill that spot.

No surprises. It's what I thought it woud be.
    Nothing against him. Just hope and see our starters going at least 7ip against this Giants offense.
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

Turn Off Ads?