Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to watch a Reds game on TV

How to watch a Reds game on TV

I watch almost every game every night and it has gotten to the point that I have considered resorting to an excess amount of alcohol or possibly even some heavy drug use just to get me through.I love the Reds but this has become terribly frustrating.I know if there is any place in the world that I can find a few other people that go through the same thing I do almost every night this is the place.

So my question is.How in the world do the rest of you guys do it?At this point I'm actually rooting for the hated Dodgers(not as hated as the Cubs though).Weathers just came in and I'm really hoping that my boys in blue or whatever a Dodger fans call them can turn Stormy's 3.16 era to something over 4 in just one inning.Ha HA....Tatum just fired the ball around the infield on strike 2.Those Reds sure are funny.
    Last edited by Captain Hook; 07-22-2009 at 01:16 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: How to watch a Reds game on TV

Are you a Bengals fan too? If so, I feel bad for you man, LOL.

I live in Louisville, and the Reds are hard enough on me. I can't imagine living in Cincinnati and being a Reds and Bengals fan. Even the Bearcats to a degree, although they had a good football season.

And no, I don't want Weathers ERA to go up, the Dodgers could be trading for him. At this point of the year, the only interesting thing is to see who we deal. Hopefully this game has made something snap in Jocketty's head to understand we need to start making some deals.

Most games I listen to the radio - that helps some. I'm in the garage, working on one of my old Willys. I live 50 miles north of Indy. I'm a Colts fan - my reprieve. Also, enjoy Purdue football & basketball. I attend about 15 Reds games a year. I'm just waiting for the Reds to turn the corner one of these years.

The only way to watch this team is via my DVR. I can fast forward through painful parts, thus finishing up the game in about 30 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisvilleCARDS View Post
    Are you a Bengals fan too? If so, I feel bad for you man, LOL.

I live in Louisville, and the Reds are hard enough on me. I can't imagine living in Cincinnati and being a Reds and Bengals fan. Even the Bearcats to a degree, although they had a good football season.

And no, I don't want Weathers ERA to go up, the Dodgers could be trading for him. At this point of the year, the only interesting thing is to see who we deal. Hopefully this game has made something snap in Jocketty's head to understand we need to start making some deals.
    Most of the other teams I pull for have some success from time to time(Lakers,OSU sports and the Packers).The Reds are certainly the bottom of the barrel as for as my favorite sports teams go.The problem for me is that they are the team I care most about.At this point I would trade 1 winning season with a nice play off run by the Reds for loosing seasons from all of my other favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockermann View Post
    The only way to watch this team is via my DVR. I can fast forward through painful parts, thus finishing up the game in about 30 minutes.
    I second that.

I DVR every game. I don't watch the Reds pitch anymore. Really not much reason to watch them bat. They are becoming as pathetic as every other year and this series is a complete embarassment.

And yes I am a Bengals fan too, even though I'm in Atlanta. I am not a fair weather fan, and I grew up in Dayton, Ohio, so what can I do?

Until baseball has a salary cap, it will continue down it's current path. But to watch these guys getting paid a ton of money fail to execute even the most basic baseball instincts is just flat out wrong. But how can you really care that much at the end of the day, when you make 600K at the league minimum.

I personally blame Cincy the region. You guys accept this pathetic, non-professional crap out of both (Reds and Bengals) franchises and then you go out and build them both new stadiums. There is no incentive to win from ownership if the fans keep spending cash on losers.

It would ache me to the core, but the Reds only chance of being a winning franchise again may be to move to another city.
    Last edited by Red in Atl; 07-22-2009 at 12:49 PM.

All I have to say is that as a Reds and Bengals fan.....Thank God for XU basketball! At least my winters are enjoyable.

I just go into each game expecting a loss. Can't be let down that way, only pleasantly surprised.
    Is it "next season" yet?

Speaking of the title... Even though they're playing this bad I still have hopes for next season. So I was looking into something like a package to be able to stream all Reds games next season. How to? I live in Sweden and looked through MLB.com but I still couldn't figure it out.

I actually watched the Bachlorette with my wife a few weeks ago because the Reds were stinking it up......Yeah, forward that to Walt and Bob and let them know a lifelong Reds fan chose the Bachalorette over their team.......I am almost to that point where paying for MLB on Directtv is becomming a reality so I can watch winning baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
    Most of the other teams I pull for have some success from time to time(Lakers,OSU sports and the Packers).The Reds are certainly the bottom of the barrel as for as my favorite sports teams go.The problem for me is that they are the team I care most about.At this point I would trade 1 winning season with a nice play off run by the Reds for loosing seasons from all of my other favorites.
    With ya there Captain, Steelers fan and UNC sports, so usually have it pretty good. But, as you said, my heart is with the Reds, and would kill for another playoff run in my lifetime....it seems so long ago.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

1. Look for the line up, get pissed.
    2. Read pregame quotes, laugh at how stupid they are
    3. Get frustrated that those quotes are actually came out of our managers mouth
    4. Walk away until the game starts
    5. Figure out George Grande is calling the game and mute the TV.
    6. Watch the 1st inning, depends on what happens, but if they do stupid stuff I go make dinner.
    7. Start drinking
    8. cry
    9. eat dinner
    10. Go to sleep before the 7th inning.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

My best strat (which I seldom use) is to not watch or listen to a single second of it. The Redlegs are 3-0 the last three times I did that.

Of course, I don't get to enjoy it at all, but I sacrifice for my team.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

I listen to the west coast games on the radio when i go to bed... then cry myself to sleep in the 3rd inning.
    "I notice that I'm throwing hard when I hear the crowd gasping," - Chapman

Despite the recent years of disappointment, I am still incredibly giddy at the beginning of spring training, thinking that "this is the year." My optimism for this team and enthusiasm is absolutely insane. Almost every item of clothing I own is Cincinnati Reds related.

I wonder if this enthusiasm will ever wear off? I love this team too much to ever stop watching them, no matter what.

Turn Off Ads?