Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: 6/15/13 Reds v. Brewers - Votto's Back, Braun is Gone

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Re: 6/15/13 Reds v. Brewers - Votto's Back, Braun is Gone

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorTofty View Post
    Wow. That was way disappointing. 6-0 Brewers, final score. That's the first time the Reds have been shutout in... how long exactly?
    at home - since August 2011 I think I heard
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    Today was another example of what I believe is this team's biggest issue. There are games where they look like they're just going through the motions. They were totally unfocused from the first pitch today. Sometimes it's entire games and other times it's lengthy stretches during games. Sometimes they wake up in time and rally, but more often than not it results in a loss. They have the talent to win a World Series, but I question if they have the will to. Teams that go through lackadaisical stretches don't generally have a lot of success in the post-season.
    Actually I think it is a talent/depth problem, always has been here.

Wow. this makes me glad a late night/early morning had me napping on the couch during this one.

and I've said it before, this team just seems to hate making up ground on the Cardinals. They gain a game, they give it right back... Sucks.

Can't change the past, you can only change the future.

Put it behind you and move on. Make it a good day for all the dads tomorrow.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

6. Likes:

foxfire123 (06-15-2013),New York Red (06-15-2013),OnBaseMachine (06-15-2013),Tom Servo (06-15-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by CrackerJack View Post
    Actually I think it is a talent/depth problem, always has been here.
    If talent was the problem, we wouldn't rank so high in starters ERA and runs scored. The talent is there. The problem is this team is schizophrenic and has been the entire season. They can look like the best team in baseball at times (hence the third best record in the league), but also look at times like they just don't care. That's a leadership issue, IMO.

Given the Cardinal's woes lately, I'm wouldn't be surprised if come September, the Reds stop watching the scoreboard and start preparing for their first playoff series.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    If talent was the problem, we wouldn't rank so high in starters ERA and runs scored. The talent is there. The problem is this team is schizophrenic and has been the entire season. They can look like the best team in baseball at times (hence the third best record in the league), but also look at times like they just don't care. That's a leadership issue, IMO.
    You can find posts like this on every team's boards. It's a long season. Over 162 of them, all teams are going to have bad games.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    You can find posts like this on every team's boards. It's a long season. Over 162 of them, all teams are going to have bad games.
    I don't care about other teams, and I'm not talking about bad games (everyone has those). I'm talking about games in which a Reds team with WS hopes looks unfocused, unprepared and generally uninterested. It happens too often with this team, and those games add up over the course of a long season.

Given the Cardinal's woes lately ...
    They have a better L10 record than we do. During their "woes" they've added another game to their lead. The Reds need to take care of business on this homestand, because they have a brutal road trip on the horizon.

Given the Cardinal's woes lately, I'm wouldn't be surprised if come September, the Reds stop watching the scoreboard and start preparing for their first playoff series.
    Since May 29, these are the NL Central teams records (in order)...

St.Louis - 10-7

9 home - K.C. (1-1), S.F. (2-2), Ariz. (2-1)
    8 away - Cin. (2-1), N.Y. (2-1), Mia (1-1)

Cincinnati - 8-9

5 away - Cle. (0-2), Pitt. (2-1)
    6 home - Col. (1-2), St.L. (1-2)
    4 away - Chi. (3-1)
    2 home - Milw. (1-1)

Pittsburgh - 8-8

5 home - Det. (2-0), Cin. (1-2)
    6 away - Atl. (0-3), Chi. (2-1)
    5 home - S.F. (2-1), L.A. (1-1)

Woe indeed.
    We can share the women, we can share the wine.

Speaking of effort, I want to give a thumbs up to Jay Bruce. When the Reds offense went into sleepwalk mode the last 8 innings against the Cubs, he continued to hit. Then today when the offense looked uninterested again, Jay was 2-3 with a BB.

Turn Off Ads?