Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reggie Miller VS The Knicks

Re: Reggie Miller VS The Knicks

I heard Razor could grab a quarter off the top of the backboard and leave $0.15 change.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Razor played basketball at my house when he was 14.

He kicked my butt soundly.

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post

Yeah, but you were only 6.

HA, I do remember that. That was pre knee surgery(s) I could still play back then.

Yeah, but you were only 6.
    If I remember correctly he was in his late 20s early 30s, still in peak condition. Dunked on us several times. Isn't that right, coach?
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    HA, I do remember that. That was pre knee surgery(s) I could still play back then.

If I remember correctly he was in his late 20s early 30s, still in peak condition. Dunked on us several times. Isn't that right, coach?
    I'm afraid I can't believe any of this without video evidence.

Rik Smits was at Marist College while I was growing up. We had season tickets and watched him from when he was a freshman til he left. And every single story you ever heard from people who talked to him was about what a good dude he was.

I still rooted for him when he was on the Pacers - it was the rest of the team that I actively rooted against. And the Larry Johnson call was the correct call!!

Go Knicks
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post

I am sure I threw up quite a few Michael Jordanesque slams when I was schooling you on the basketball court young Razor. Along with several lazer like three point shots I was hitting from the cheap seats.

Back to the world of reality I do remember when i had you guys over for the tournament you got lucky and drew Torzewski as a teammate. I think I drew a kid that was as bad at basketball as he was at baseball. Factor in I am a pretty bad basketball player and it was a quick tournament for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post

And the Larry Johnson call was the correct call!!
    To bad the official who made the call did not agree.

"As a sidebar to a story several years ago on the technology the NBA uses to monitor its refs, Kersey told me how he instantly knew he'd blown the call that gave Larry Johnson his famous four-point play and the Knicks an Eastern Conference Finals game victory over the Pacers. He walked the 20 blocks from Madison Square Garden to his hotel, he didn't sleep that night and the memory is a splinter forever imbedded in his conscience. "

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/print...704&type=story

To bad the official who made the call did not agree.

"As a sidebar to a story several years ago on the technology the NBA uses to monitor its refs, Kersey told me how he instantly knew he'd blown the call that gave Larry Johnson his famous four-point play and the Knicks an Eastern Conference Finals game victory over the Pacers. He walked the 20 blocks from Madison Square Garden to his hotel, he didn't sleep that night and the memory is a splinter forever imbedded in his conscience. "

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/print...704&type=story
    But did he spend the bonus he got from David Stern himself for making the call and tipping the series to the large market Knicks?
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Actually I was joking - but lets not forget the Knicks got hosed twice in the 90s by the refs too. The Miami series where they were about to win it until they had their whole team suspended for games 6 and 7, and the Bulls series where Charles Smith was mugged (although he still should have made at least one of the 700 put backs he had!!)
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    But did he spend the bonus he got from David Stern himself for making the call and tipping the series to the large market Knicks?
    Are you talking about Tim Donaghy?

Are you talking about Tim Donaghy?
    I think Donaghy is just the tip of the iceberg.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Reds fan since 1970!

As a Pacer season ticket holder from 1990-2003, I can tell you there was nothing more exciting than the rivalries between the Knick's & Bull's. Market Square Arena was the most intense place to play in...kinda like old time Indiana high school basketball atmosphere!!!

During one part of the show....a NY commentator mentioned the NBA does not have anything like a Pacers vs. Knicks anymore....I couldn't agree more!

BTW... I hope Cleveland just kicks the livin' shat out of the Lackers this year!!!
    Cincy Reds--Playoff's or bust!!

The Kid

Being from Indiana, and growing up in the 90's i always loved when the Pacers played the Knicks and Bulls. You knew you were always in for a great game. I take it this was a good documentary though? I wont get to see it till Wed night when they show it on AFN over here, but I'm looking forward to it.

As I was watching this doc, I kept thinking the same thing. LeBron HAS to go to New York. As NBA fans, we need the Knicks and the Garden to be relevant again. What an awesome crowd. They are without a doubt the best fans in the NBA.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Turn Off Ads?