Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds Sign Ryan Madson

Re: Reds Sign Ryan Madson

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    The Operator, this is totally off topic so please forgive me everyone, but I love your avatar!!
    Heh thanks! I love me some Seinfeld.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    Heh thanks! I love me some Seinfeld.
    So basically the Reds called Scott Borras, talked contracts, and yada yada yada, Ryan Madson is the new Reds closer.

LanceMcAlister Lance McAlister
    Last 2 yrs combined: 117 games, 113.2 IN, 10-4 2.45, 37 SV, 1.10 WHIP, 10.0 K/9, 6 HR, 29 BB, 126 K

MoEgger1530 Mo Egger
    So the Reds signed two guys for the back end of the 'pen who gave up only 3 homers in more than 140 innings. Wow.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

The thing that im worried about most is do you think he will be just a rental..here for just one season?I hope not
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

So much for Walter sitting on his hands. Stood pat in 2011 and had a losing record. Not gonna happen again. Get rid of fodder. Trade for and sign good pitching. Remove the always stressful Codero and Volquez from the equation. Now all we need is a power hitting left fielder. Somehow, I think it will happen. The man's on a mission.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by WVPacman View Post
    The thing that im worried about most is do you think he will be just a rental..here for just one season?I hope not
    I'm never concerned about that. It's not my money. Money buys championships, and unless BCast runs out, we are OK.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Worst case scenario, if the Reds are out of the race in July (I can't even see how that would be possible right now, but bear with me) look at the pieces they could move for prospects for the future:

Marshall
    Madson
    Phillips
    Maybe Votto....
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Best offseason since the 1999-2000 offseason, when we signed Griffey. And even then, that was only ONE move. This franchise is showing a committment to winning under Bob Castellini that they haven't shown for YEARS under anyone.

The man has drawn his fair share of criticism over the years, mostly because some of his promises didn't take place quite as quickly as we would've liked. But who can argue with his tenure now? Considering the circumstances, he's one of the best owners in baseball IMO.

Didn't I read that the Reds had no money and could only afford some left over scraps? Where did they get 10 million for Madson? Did the Steinbrenners give Bob a gift?

I'm glad Bob made this investment in the team. I hope attendance is way up next year and the Reds generate a lot more revenue.

I'm tired of reading every off season how the team can't sign any meaningful free agents and supposedly won't do anything significant.

Nice work, Walt.

m_sheldon Mark Sheldon
    Confirmed (finally)... source tells MLB.com that #reds and Madson have agreed to 1 yr, $10 million deal bit.ly/xfCPVq

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    Worst case scenario, if the Reds are out of the race in July (I can't even see how that would be possible right now, but bear with me) look at the pieces they could move for prospects for the future:

Marshall
    Madson
    Phillips
    Maybe Votto....
    Sounds vaguely familiar.

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showp...3&postcount=82

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Haha, vaguely.

"No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    Haha, vaguely.
    But it is a valid point. Worst case, we can drool over some decent prospects coming over. It's not gonna be a boring season.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Didn't I read that the Reds had no money and could only afford some left over scraps? Where did they get 10 million for Madson? Did the Steinbrenners give Bob a gift?

I'm glad Bob made this investment in the team. I hope attendance is way up next year and the Reds generate a lot more revenue.

I'm tired of reading every off season how the team can't sign any meaningful free agents and supposedly won't do anything significant.

Nice work, Walt.
    Assuming a $85M payroll, the Reds had around $10-$12M of payflex for 2012.

Now all they can afford is left over scraps. Lol
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Turn Off Ads?