Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-2013 EPL Thread

Re: 2012-2013 EPL Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    I should have clarified that I meant contender for a Champions League spot. He's not of the level to start for those teams, but I think he's good enough to start for a team that's usually on the bubble between a Champions League and Europa League berth.
    His best bet would go to a team in any league other than the EPL or La Liga then

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    I agree, unfortunately. Missing out on promotion a few years back was devastating. A lot of money went into the push and when it didn't quite happen the club hit the panic button. A club like City doesn't have much room for error. The keeper situation will also be interesting this year.

I noticed you signed Tommy Heaton from Cardiff, he would of signed unless he was assured of being the first choice keeper. Whilst he was the backup keeper for Cardiff he was the keeper in their Carling Cup run that got them to the final including the penalty shoot out against Palace.

Nice buildup followed by a goal from Torres to give Chelsea a 1-0 lead over Man City in the Community Shield match.

Edit: Oops. Chelsea down to 10 men now in the 43' due to a straight red on Ivanovic for a crunching foul. Should be an interesting second half.
    Last edited by NJReds; 08-12-2012 at 09:15 AM.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Toure ties it at 1-1. Man City pressing shorthanded Chelsea now.

Edit: Tevez makes it 2-1 Man City. (59') ... Nasri makes it 3-1 ('65). Chelsea under constant pressure.
    Last edited by NJReds; 08-12-2012 at 09:59 AM.

Bertrand brings Chelsea to w/in a goal. 3-2 w/10 minutes left. This has been a very entertaining game.

FINAL ... good game. Looking forward to the start of the season next week.
    Last edited by NJReds; 08-12-2012 at 10:29 AM.

6 days away!

Arsenal destroyed Cologne today 4-0. Podolski has 2, Gervinho had 1, and Vermaelan had 1.

Cazorla is sick, He's awesome.

Van Persie came on in the 68th minute and immediately took the captain's armband. Read into it what you will, but I still hope he is staying.

Crap, and now it's looking like Arsenal are in fact going to sell RvP to Manchester United.

What a bunch of bull

Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post
    Crap, and now it's looking like Arsenal are in fact going to sell RvP to Manchester United.

What a bunch of bull
    I'll wait until it's official, but I don't get this move unless they are paying A LOT (which they probably are).

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    I'll wait until it's official, but I don't get this move unless they are paying A LOT (which they probably are).
    They are saying $22 mil for him.

My question is, if you win the EPL Title, how much is the monetary difference between 1st and 3rd?

I'll go ahead and venture it's more than $22 mil, and with Van Persie, they have a legitimate shot at the title this year

So I signed up for Fantasy Premier League on the premier league website. Here's my lineup for Week 1 (Reading and Chelsea are the only teams that play twice, thus why I have 3 of each of their players (The max allowed per team per week))

substitute player Player information Man City Hart Goalkeeper 0.0 0 166 SOU (H)
    substitute player Player information Man City Kompany captain Defender 0.0 0 145 SOU (H)
    substitute player Player information Chelsea Cole A Defender 0.0 0 111 WIG (A), RDG (H)
    substitute player Player information Reading Pearce Defender 0.0 0 0 STO (H), CHE (A)
    substitute player Player information Tottenham Walker Defender 0.0 0 140 NEW (A)
    substitute player Player information Fulham Dempsey vice-captain Midfielder 0.0 0 209 NOR (H)
    substitute player Player information Chelsea Mata Midfielder 0.0 0 162 WIG (A), RDG (H)
    substitute player Player information Reading Guthrie Midfielder 0.0 0 35 STO (H), CHE (A)
    substitute player Player information Man Utd Valencia Midfielder 0.0 0 140 EVE (A)
    substitute player Player information Chelsea Sturridge Forward 0.0 0 128 WIG (A), RDG (H)
    substitute player Player information Reading Le Fondre Forward 0.0 0 0 STO (H), CHE (A)

Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post
    They are saying $22 mil for him.

My question is, if you win the EPL Title, how much is the monetary difference between 1st and 3rd?

I'll go ahead and venture it's more than $22 mil, and with Van Persie, they have a legitimate shot at the title this year
    Arsenal's website is reporting it is a done deal. Transfer fee is 24MM. On the bright side this is the defition of selling high and that is a lot of money that can be used elsewhere.

However making a big rival better right before the season starts is never a good thing.

It seems to me like the price was a little low. He scored a massive amount of goals last year and is exactly what United need. Also, Arsenal haven't exactly taken their transfer money and thrown it directly into the senior club very often, so I wouldn't get my hopes up for some big splash on their part.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

This is a really cool website that catalogues all of the transfers done. I especially love the overview of each league.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/st...transfers.html

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    It seems to me like the price was a little low. He scored a massive amount of goals last year and is exactly what United need. Also, Arsenal haven't exactly taken their transfer money and thrown it directly into the senior club very often, so I wouldn't get my hopes up for some big splash on their part.
    I'm sure the number of 21 year French soccer players going to London is about to explode, but I can always hope for Neymar right?

RVP is 29 so the fee seems to be about right. I think the new FFP rules have some impact on what teams can spend as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    I'm sure the number of 21 year French soccer players going to London is about to explode, but I can always hope for Neymar right?

RVP is 29 so the fee seems to be about right. I think the new FFP rules have some impact on what teams can spend as well.
    Tell that to PSG and Chelsea.

Turn Off Ads?