Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who will win the Heisman?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tim Tebow

34 65.38%
  • Darren McFadden

16 30.77%
  • Colt Brennan

2 3.85%
  • Chase Daniel

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Heisman Finalists - Who wins?

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Re: Heisman Finalists - Who wins?

Arkansas running back Darren McFadden was named offensive player of the year by the SEC's coaches on Wednesday.

Interesting.

I think Tebow will win.

I have no favorite this season.

GL

2. Turn Off Ads?

I think Tebow will win but I think Dixon was clearly the most outstanding player in the country.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

I know who should have received a little more attention and that is WR Michael Crabtree from Texas Tech. He is the first freshman 1st Team All American since Herschel Walker. He will probably win the Biletnikoff award tonight. It would not surprise me if he wound up being Top 10 in the Heisman voting. 125 receptions/1,861 yards/21 TD's. If I'm a betting man I put my money on Crabtree for the 2008 Heisman. He is that good.

I think Tebow will win based on an overrated touchdown record. Who should? I don't know. Who do I want to win? Colt Brennan, but I don't think he really deserves it either.

Who should win is some lineman (Jake Long?) who will go on to have a long and productive NFL career. My biggest gripe about football is that the most important guys on the field get so little recognition.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    Who should win is some lineman (Jake Long?) who will go on to have a long and productive NFL career. My biggest gripe about football is that the most important guys on the field get so little recognition.

Quote Originally Posted by tixe View Post
    I think Tebow will win based on an overrated touchdown record. Who should? I don't know. Who do I want to win? Colt Brennan, but I don't think he really deserves it either.
    The number of touchdown scores he has is overrated...but the fact he can rush for a 1st down on 3rd and 1 on his own 30 is underrated.

Darren McFadden should breathe a little easier right now. Tim Tebow won the Maxwell Award tonight, which is a wonderful predictor of who won't win the Heisman. The last seven Maxwell winners have gone on to not win the Heisman.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini View Post
    Darren McFadden should breathe a little easier right now. Tim Tebow won the Maxwell Award tonight, which is a wonderful predictor of who won't win the Heisman. The last seven Maxwell winners have gone on to not win the Heisman.
    I never did understand the Maxwell award. It's also a "most outstanding player" award.

Seems kinda redundant with the Heisman, but as you've aptly informed us, winning the Maxwell doesn't always equal winning the Heisman.

Tebow it is.

Well I am pleasantly shocked.
    Go Gators!

So is Tebow the first ever Sophomore to win the Heisman?

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    So is Tebow the first ever Sophomore to win the Heisman?
    Yep, hopefully the Heisman winners from the past who said they wouldn't vote for a sophomore will get the clue that it's not just a JR/SR award.
    Go Gators!

Congrats to Tebow.

While I would have liked for Brennan or Dixon win it, I have no problem congratulating Tebow. He had a damn fine season and he seems like a good guy. Congrats to Tebow.

Turn Off Ads?