Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Deleting posts

Deleting posts

Is this considered an acceptable form of censorship by the RZ mods?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Deleting posts

Must you whine every time the mods do something you don't agree with? The mods have an impossible job of keeping this board enjoyable and they do a superior job at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin Fan View Post
    The mods have an impossible job of keeping this board enjoyable and they do a superior job at it.
    Mods rock!

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    This is found at the bottom of every page at redszone:

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.
    Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!
    Last edited by jojo; 10-29-2009 at 08:34 AM.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

If I were you I would demand my registration fee and monthly dues back. Who are they to decide what is and is not allowed on this board? You are entitled to say what you want where ever you want.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

You're in their house, they have every right to delete posts as they see fit.

Must you whine every time the mods do something you don't agree with? The mods have an impossible job of keeping this board enjoyable and they do a superior job at it.
    Superior to?
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    If I were you I would demand my registration fee and monthly dues back. Who are they to decide what is and is not allowed on this board? You are entitled to say what you want where ever you want.

Seriously though, while I don't know what *BaseClogger* is specifically referring to I do think it's a fair question. I wouldn't say that deletions shouldn't happen at all but I don't see why it can't be asked if there's a clear reason to delete every post that's deleted. I would think there'd be no harm in asking those type of questions. Instead people seem to want to bash *BaseClogger* for starting the thread. Doesn't make sense to me but anyway...

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    Superior to?

Seriously though, while I don't know what *BaseClogger* is specifically referring to I do think it's a fair question. I wouldn't say that deletions shouldn't happen at all but I don't see why it can't be asked if there's a clear reason to delete every post that's deleted. I would think there'd be no harm in asking those type of questions. Instead people seem to want to bash *BaseClogger* for starting the thread. Doesn't make sense to me but anyway...

No, there is no reason that posts are deleted. The mods go around deleting posts willy-nilly. In fact, this post will soon be deleted due to the obvious sexual connotations of the term "willy-nilly".

C'mon, let's use some common sense. If a thread is closed, or a post deleted, the mods have determined a reason. I would suspect those reasons would be obvious to anyone that read the forum guidelines.

I don't have statistics to back this intuition but I'd be very surprised if more than a handful of posts are deleted by mods (without a request by the author) in a given year.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Maybe this isn't the right place to bring it up, but to me, it seems like mods sometimes act like the kid who takes his ball and goes home, leaving all the other kids with nothing to do. I'd prefer a singular post be deleted as an alternative to locking an entire thread just because one bad apple can't post appropriately. Why do we have to time-and-time-again stop a good discussion as a result of one inappropriate post? I have no idea what *BC* is referencing, but I'm just guessing that deleting the post was a better decision than closing the thread.

Well, since it has caused so much controversy I'll clarify.

The Baumer made one of his typical, awesomely sarcastic posts in the Steve Phillips thread, and I along with another poster quoted it. The other poster said something to the effect that is was overly rude, while I gave it the and LOLed. I checked back much later in the night and it was deleted along with our posts that quoted it. Now, why would that post be deleted? It didn't break any of the rules at the bottom of the page. That's why I started the thread. Maybe all of the negative responses I have gotten in this thread should be deleted too?

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    I don't have statistics to back this intuition but I'd be very surprised if more than a handful of posts are deleted by mods (without a request by the author) in a given year.
    I can think of several different instances over the last six months when posts from the Non-Sports forum has had posts deleted.

I hope I don't get exiled to Siberia for this thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    No, there is no reason that posts are deleted. The mods go around deleting posts willy-nilly. In fact, this post will soon be deleted due to the obvious sexual connotations of the term "willy-nilly".

C'mon, let's use some common sense. If a thread is closed, or a post deleted, the mods have determined a reason. I would suspect those reasons would be obvious to anyone that read the forum guidelines.
    This is just as sarcastic as The Baumer's posts. Delete it!

Is there something wrong with questioning authority?

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Maybe this isn't the right place to bring it up, but to me, it seems like mods sometimes act like the kid who takes his ball and goes home, leaving all the other kids with nothing to do. I'd prefer a singular post be deleted as an alternative to locking an entire thread just because one bad apple can't post appropriately. Why do we have to time-and-time-again stop a good discussion as a result of one inappropriate post? I have no idea what *BC* is referencing, but I'm just guessing that deleting the post was a better decision than closing the thread.
    You read my mind. That's one instance where I'd have no problem with a deletion (instead of a thread closing).

I don't know what was in the post by Baumer but unless it was clearly in violation of the site I can't blame *BC* at all for asking the question. And I'm assuming that *BC* can read the rules. Whether any of this will matter to the powers that be is ... well.. I'm not getting my hopes up.

I think it is interesting that this thread has been open for nearly 24 hours and not one mod has responded to it yet...

Turn Off Ads?