Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds vs. Braves, Sunday, 07/14

Re: Reds vs. Braves, Sunday, 07/14

Johnson bloop hit to center. 1st and 3rd.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by UPRedsFan View Post
    My goodness. Frazier does not look like he belongs in this league. Wonder if he shouldn't be sent down to work on some mechanics and pitch recognition and let Rodriguez have a couple weeks at 3b
    Frazier in a slump is still better than Rodriguez at his best.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

4. Likes:

Big Klu (07-14-2013)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    I agree, but see my response to Doug. Sometimes I miss the freewheeling nature of the old game threads. I usually love to carefully analyze things, but sometimes I relish a visit to the virtual sports bar.
    I am the jerk at the local sports bar who will still call people out for emotional rants that are wrong.

6. Likes:

thatcoolguy_22 (07-15-2013)

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Man, Welsh is annoying as hell today. Talking about what's wrong with Cingrani. Uh, he's getting squeezed? He was throwing a perfect game through 2 until Frazier lost a ball in the sun? Then Cingrani gave up a bloop double. Did I mention he's getting squeezed?

Welsh has not mentioned one time what an awful job the home plate ump is doing. It's fine if you want to be critical of Cingrani. But at least be balanced and show both sides. Mention the fact that he's gotten squeezed on about 5 calls.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    Why does Frazier even use his right hand at all when batting? He should go up there holding the bat with just his left hand. You know he wants to.

Frazier has been so "meh" that I wouldn't be surprised to see Scott Rolen join this team for the second half. Maybe all this rest is exactly what Scotty Roles needed. Sure sounded like he was having second thoughts about his retirement. Stranger things have happened.
    Reds got a 724 ops out of third last year.

Frazier at 730 this year.

(No opinion from me, stating a fact)

Quote Originally Posted by Red Raindog View Post
    got to stay on it -- if the lead is lost while you are gone it will all be on you
    The nap would be on the couch with the tv on

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    Man, Welsh is annoying as hell today. Talking about what's wrong with Cingrani. Uh, he's getting squeezed? He was throwing a perfect game through 2 until Frazier lost a ball in the sun? Then Cingrani gave up a bloop double. Did I mention he's getting squeezed?

Welsh has not mentioned one time what an awful job the home plate ump is doing. It's fine if you want to be critical of Cingrani. But at least be balanced and show both sides. Mention the fact that he's gotten squeezed on about 5 calls.
    He WAS getting squeezed. He's since lost his release point badly. He looks to be aiming the ball.

Cingrani with major control problems today

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I am the jerk at the local sports bar who will still call people out for emotional rants that are wrong.
    Understood. No biggie, I'm an emotional guy who sometimes says silly things in the heat of the moment. At least that's what my wife says.

Maybe if the Braves get a few more injuries we might be able to hold on and pull this out.

lol of course
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Bad throw

Wow. Gattis lines out to short. Cozart then attempts to get the runner off first but the throw is way off allowing the run to score. 4-2 Reds

Sac fly to SS......

Though Joey needs to get his body behind that one.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

19. Likes:

Raisor (07-14-2013)

Turn Off Ads?