Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: Justin Upton...again

Re: Justin Upton...again

2. Turn Off Ads?

The latest article on mlbtraderumors says the Dbacks are looking for players that can help them now not prospects that are a few years away. So what about giving them Cozart and Stubbs? We may have to throw in a third prospect to make it happen but those are two guys who could help now. Gregorious is in AAA now so hopefully he would be ready to make the jump, from what I read about him in Spring Training it seems like defensively hes ready to come up now. We would obviously have a hole in CF which could either be filled by Heisey or by trading prospects for victorino, pierre, span or someone like that.

"So Fla Red"

Quote Originally Posted by dunner13 View Post
    The latest article on mlbtraderumors says the Dbacks are looking for players that can help them now not prospects that are a few years away. So what about giving them Cozart and Stubbs? We may have to throw in a third prospect to make it happen but those are two guys who could help now. Gregorious is in AAA now so hopefully he would be ready to make the jump, from what I read about him in Spring Training it seems like defensively hes ready to come up now. We would obviously have a hole in CF which could either be filled by Heisey or by trading prospects for victorino, pierre, span or someone like that.
    Trading Cozart would create a major hole at SS and set us back to Janish-town or Valdez-ville. No thanks.

Stubbs would be part of the package but you'd still need a headliner or two. IMO they'd probably want Leake, Hamilton and Stubbs to even start the conversation.

Regardless, the Reds still can't afford Upton after 2013. 2014-2016 payroll is going to be a challenge without another $14M+ salary in the mix.

If Texas is offering Profrar and Olt together (not to mention Perez), there's nothing anyone else in baseball can offer that would trump it. Profrar is the best prospect in baseball. Olt is an absolute masher who's improved enough this year to garner some consideration as the top 3B prospect in the game. Perez has been ranked among the highest prospects in the game for four years.

Arizona might want those guys for Upton, but there's absolutely no way Texas is going to offer it. I don't know if they'd offer that for Mike Trout or Harper.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    If Texas is offering Profrar and Olt together (not to mention Perez), there's nothing anyone else in baseball can offer that would trump it. Profrar is the best prospect in baseball. Olt is an absolute masher who's improved enough this year to garner some consideration as the top 3B prospect in the game. Perez has been ranked among the highest prospects in the game for four years.

Arizona might want those guys for Upton, but there's absolutely no way Texas is going to offer it. I don't know if they'd offer that for Mike Trout or Harper.
    Yeah - if Arizona can get that I say grab it D-Backs and count your blessings. No one can match it or come close.

I wonder if the Reds wouldn't have to part with Todd Frazier to get a deal done, given the report the D-backs are looking for a 3B.

That would solve the Reds' LF problem, but ostensibly create a hole at 3B going forward.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    I wonder if the Reds wouldn't have to part with Todd Frazier to get a deal done, given the report the D-backs are looking for a 3B.

That would solve the Reds' LF problem, but ostensibly create a hole at 3B going forward.
    To obtain Justin Upton I would gladly settle for whatever Henry Rodriguez is going to bring me at third base.

Question. Would you do a deal of Stubbs and Chapman for Upton? Heisey woould finish ths season in center with Ludwick as the 4th outfelder and rush Hamilton up for next year. Meaning your outfield
    Of the future would be Upton, Hamilton, and Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    To obtain Justin Upton I would gladly settle for whatever Henry Rodriguez is going to bring me at third base.
    Me, too. Though I'd guess Rolen would play almost all the time anyway.

1. Hamilton
    2. Phillips
    3. Votto
    4. Upton
    5. Bruce
    6. Cozart
    7. Frazier
    8. Mesoraco

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    Yeah - if Arizona can get that I say grab it D-Backs and count your blessings. No one can match it or come close.
    Texas is a powerhouse now and for years to come. They are doing the right things down there. Losing Josh Hamilton might just be a minor bump in the road to them if they get Upton. If they don't get Upton they have prospects to make up for Hamilton's departure one way or another. +1 Nolan Ryan and his staff.
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

"So Fla Red"

Quote Originally Posted by SidneySlicker View Post
    Question. Would you do a deal of Stubbs and Chapman for Upton? Heisey woould finish ths season in center with Ludwick as the 4th outfelder and rush Hamilton up for next year. Meaning your outfield
    Of the future would be Upton, Hamilton, and Bruce.
    Adding Josh Hamilton and Upton would be incredible

The problem is Billy Hamilton won't be ready until mid '14 and by that time Upton will be making 14M a year and best case be gone after 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    As much as I like Frazier, I would still be willing to do it if I'm the Reds. But it would be with reservation, I think.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

I think Todd Fraziers are much easier to find than are Justin Uptons. I include Frazier in the deal and don't look back.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    I think Todd Fraziers are much easier to find than are Justin Uptons. I include Frazier in the deal and don't look back.
    I'd look back a time or two but yeah, I'd make that deal.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Turn Off Ads?