Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Surgery for Valaika

Surgery for Valaika

Didn't see this one coming.

http://fullofschatz.blogspot.com/201....html?spref=fb

Also, Cozart to get his ankle worked on.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Surgery for Valaika

Wow. I wondered what had happened to him. He seemed fine walking off the field. Hope he gets well soon.

-Matt

We were at the game and couldn't figure out why he had to come out of the game on defense after Volkie gave up a walk. We figured it was an upset stomach

Should the Reds put him on the 60 Day DL and try to make a waiver claim on someone? Is there any Reds player that should get added to the 40 man roster?

Quote Originally Posted by Gallen5862 View Post
    Should the Reds put him on the 60 Day DL and try to make a waiver claim on someone? Is there any Reds player that should get added to the 40 man roster?
    I might throw Corky Miller a bone, as it looks as though his playing career may be drawing to a close. He will be 36 before next season, so it might be time to think about a coaching career. It would be classy of the Reds to give him a last taste of the big leagues, even if he doesn't play.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Dusty ruins young SS's!

Valaika had knee surgery on Tuesday, and he's expected to miss 3-4 months. He's out of options after this year, so it might be a surprise to see him in the organization next year. This is his 4th year in Louisville, and here are his career stats in AAA.
    Code:
    G	PA	AB	R	H	2B	3B	HR	RBI	SB	CS	BB	SO	BA	OBP	SLG	OPS	TB	GDP	HBP	SH	SF	IBB
    364	1479	1371	137	364	76	5	20	142	7	5	62	255	.265	.299	.372	.671	510	35	14	8	24	2

There's the 40 man roster spot everyone seems so concerned about.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Do the Reds pick up Lidge using this 40 man spot?

Quote Originally Posted by Gallen5862 View Post
    Do the Reds pick up Lidge using this 40 man spot?
    Who in the pen would you send down when you add Lidge?. Already have to send one down when Bray comes back.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Who in the pen would you send down when you add Lidge?. Already have to send one down when Bray comes back.
    That Chapman fellow has given up runs in several of his latest appearances. Perhaps some time in Louisville would get his head back on right.

"Even a bad day at the ballpark beats the snot out of most other good days. I'll take my scorecard and pencil and beer and hot dog and rage at the dips and cheer at the highs, but I'm not ever going to stop loving this game and this team and nobody will ever take that away from me." Roy Tucker October 2010

Quote Originally Posted by dfs View Post
    That Chapman fellow has given up runs in several of his latest appearances. Perhaps some time in Louisville would get his head back on right.

I guess Chapman to the rotation with Leake going down needs to be revisited. We haven't had a 1000 post thread in a while.

Without looking to see if there is anyone else expendable, both Valaika and Constanzo are two easy cuts from the 40 man. Perhaps one of the pros to a "weak" minor league system is a flexible 40 man.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Valaika had knee surgery on Tuesday, and he's expected to miss 3-4 months.
    I thought I read he was expected to miss 3-4 weeks. Got a link?

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I thought I read he was expected to miss 3-4 weeks. Got a link?
    http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=792...ka-has-surgery
    Your 3-4 weeks quote probably came from John Fay. I'd trust anyone before I trusted John Fay. But maybe you're right--maybe it's only a few weeks. But I've had a torn ACL, and it takes a lot longer than a few weeks to feel comfortable going 100% on it.

Turn Off Ads?