Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dan Lebatard's HOF vote

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Re: Dan Lebatard's HOF vote

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    That's where the buck stops. Not Bud, not anyone else. Hopefully what LeBatard did will be a wakeup call for them to rejigger things.

How much you wanna bet others have outsourced their ballots? If not this year, then in the past. That's what happens for everything people vote on, they have someone else do it cause they don't have the time or don't want to put forth the effort.
    No need to even bet. Here's a quote from an article Deadspin just posted, that they received directly from the BBWA:
    "As for the voter who seeks local input, that's BBWAA vice-president Jose de Jesus Ortiz of the Houston Chronicle. He gathers about 6-8 people over a lunch or dinner, they talk about the players, then he votes by how the majority tells him to vote re: each player. I was part of the panel one year."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    The BBWAA has stripped Dan LeBatard's voting privileges, because he gave his vote to deadspin.
    meh

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

I don't have a problem with his voting rights being taken away, nor do I have a problem with what he done in the first place. Don't know if deadspin was the right answer, prolly shoulda used his own website or something!!!

So let me get this straight. The guy with probably the best ballot of all loses it? That makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by indyscott View Post
    So let me get this straight. The guy with probably the best ballot of all loses it? That makes sense.
    He didn't lose his voting rights over his ballot. I think he lost them over the process he came up with that ballot. Like I said earlier, I don't have a problem with either side on this. Lebatard said he knew this would probly happen...he didn't care!

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    He didn't lose his voting rights over his ballot. I think he lost them over the process he came up with that ballot. Like I said earlier, I don't have a problem with either side on this. Lebatard said he knew this would probly happen...he didn't care!
    I know he got banned for a year how he did it. Still is pretty ignorant to let guys like the Dodgers beat writer to keep his while a very good ballot gets singled out and he loses it for a year.

I know he got banned for a year how he did it. Still is pretty ignorant to let guys like the Dodgers beat writer to keep his while a very good ballot gets singled out and he loses it for a year.
    He was banned from the BBWA for a year, and permanantly banned from HOF voting from what I saw.

I didn't even know LeBatard covered baseball. I thought he was mainly a football guy while dipping a toe in the water of other sports.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    He was banned from the BBWA for a year, and permanantly banned from HOF voting from what I saw.
    Either way, if the BBWA wants to act all high and mighty, get rid of the guys like the Dodgers beat writer first.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I didn't even know LeBatard covered baseball. I thought he was mainly a football guy while dipping a toe in the water of other sports.
    That pretty much describes everyone at ESPN.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

12. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (01-10-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    That pretty much describes everyone at ESPN.
    Recently I have noticed ESPN focusing more and more on the NBA. I think with NFL Network and NBC Sports Network they have more competition with the NFL and as a result they are starting to really push the NBA. Almost every day I listen to ESPN radio in the morning and evening (terrible commute) and have noticed even on big college football or NFL days they will bring up Lebron, the Heat, the Pacers, Kevin Durant, Carmelo, the Knicks, etc.

I used to enjoy the NBA but I have completely lost interest. I find none of the storylines interesting anymore. Lebron is a great player, perhaps the greatest of all time, but I just don't care.

For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Recently I have noticed ESPN focusing more and more on the NBA. I think with NFL Network and NBC Sports Network they have more competition with the NFL and as a result they are starting to really push the NBA. Almost every day I listen to ESPN radio in the morning and evening (terrible commute) and have noticed even on big college football or NFL days they will bring up Lebron, the Heat, the Pacers, Kevin Durant, Carmelo, the Knicks, etc.

I used to enjoy the NBA but I have completely lost interest. I find none of the storylines interesting anymore. Lebron is a great player, perhaps the greatest of all time, but I just don't care.
    The Mike-and-Mike NBA talk has been nauseating for years now. Some days they will discuss NBA for the first hour of their program and nothing else. Of course ESPN has a big TV contract with the NBA, so I guess we should expect it.

15. Likes:

Chip R (01-10-2014),RedTeamGo! (01-10-2014)

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Do you believe Pete Rose should be in the hall of fame?

If no, why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    Do you believe Pete Rose should be in the hall of fame?

If no, why not?
    Not sure what one has to do with another, but no I dont. Not sure how one can associate a guy being banned from baseball be allowed to be in the HOF.

Now spin away

You guys still watch ESPN? It's like the MTV of sports.

19. Likes:

bengalsown (01-10-2014)

Turn Off Ads?