Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: All Annoying Team

Re: All Annoying Team

Broadcasters- Tim McCarver, John Sterling.
    Where we gonna go?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Put a Reds uniform on all these guys and we would be praising them non-stop.

Quite a good team there.

Other teams' fans would probably replace Neil Walker at second base. A certain Reds player would undoubtedly take the spot in a non-RedsZone poll.
    I don't think it works that way. Some of these guys would be rode hard and put away wet if they played for the Reds. Although I will say when its a guy on your team, there is more grace to their personality issues if they perform. If they don't, it gets brutal.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Yea, but I think his greatness is exaggerated and hyped due to his career happening to be with the Yankees. Put him in a less visible place, he would be considered above average, but probably not discussed as one of the greatest ever.
    I became a Derek Jeter fan in 2006 when the first World Baseball Classic was played. I had never really had an opinion on him before that--I realized that he was a good player and an All-Star, but that was it. I didn't give him extra credit nor did I penalize him for his New York connections.

However, when you watch him playing on a daily basis for the team you are rooting for (in this case, Team USA), you appreciate just how good he really is. Physically, he is an outstanding player, but his mental focus is so much greater than the average player. If you liked the way Barry Larkin played, you would love Jeter. (Larkin is the better defensive player, but Jeter has proved to be more durable.)

Derek Jeter can play for my team anytime.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Jared Hughes, Sergio Romo, and Brian Wilson all need to be in the pen

Quote Originally Posted by medford View Post
    When your recognized as the "team leader" on a multiple WS winning team, are approaching Pete Rose hitting territory and have a rollidex that rivals Heff, you are most certainly not "annoying" all while rarely (if ever) touting yourself. Lengedary is the more appropriate term to describe him.
    I don't like him.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Jared Hughes, Sergio Romo, and Brian Wilson all need to be in the pen
    Definitely good bullpen additions. Papelbon?

"Annoying is in the eye of the beholder" or something like that...

What's wrong with Romo?

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    What's wrong with Romo?
    He threw four interceptions yesterday afternoon in the Cowboys' loss to New York.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

For 2b, I'd nominate Brandon Phillips. Although he's good to the fans, he's especially annoying otherwise (on-field antics, in interviews, etc.). However, he's a Red, so we don't really look at it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    What's wrong with Romo?
    I think it's the save celebration he does every time. So obnoxious.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    For 2b, I'd nominate Brandon Phillips. Although he's good to the fans, he's especially annoying otherwise (on-field antics, in interviews, etc.). However, he's a Red, so we don't really look at it that way.
    "on field antics"?

Oh right, I forgot you had some kind of weird vendetta against Brandon Phillips.
    Last edited by Wonderful Monds; 10-29-2012 at 03:33 PM.

Brian Wilson? Is that his name.. the injured closer for the Giants with the huge beard that uses nail polish, etc?

I didn't mind the constant camera shots of him when he was actually playing and when he was good.. It was annoying as heck to see his ugly mug every 5 min during the LDS series.. the guy is injured and a nonfactor.. He's just getting camera time because he looks like a freak..
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    Brian Wilson? Is that his name.. the injured closer for the Giants with the huge beard that uses nail polish, etc?

I didn't mind the constant camera shots of him when he was actually playing and when he was good.. It was annoying as heck to see his ugly mug every 5 min during the LDS series.. the guy is injured and a nonfactor.. He's just getting camera time because he looks like a freak..
    Yeah, and he's just an obnoxious guy altogether. Tries way too hard to be some kind of "character"

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    "on field antics"?

Oh right, I forgot you had some kind of weird vendetta against Brandon Phillips.
    My only thing against BP is that he tries to bring attention to himself through actions that aren't baseball. I don't have a vendetta against BP, and I like the fact that he's a Red because he's a very good second baseman. But he does some annoying things, too, imo. I prefer baseball players over prima donnas.

Turn Off Ads?