Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Bengals/Broncos: Bengals can clinch WC

Re: Bengals/Broncos: Bengals can clinch WC

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup View Post
    I hope the Fins can go down and score. The Titans need a Dolphins win and a Bengals loss next week to get to the playoffs. The Titans, of course, would need to beat New England in Nashville next week as well. I'm not sure how the Chiefs figure in the picture.

Miami really needs to win, but with 7 1/2 to play, it isn't likely.
    I'm pretty sure you're talking to yourself when it comes to the Titans around here.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Well, that 70 yard play on the first play of the final drive shoudl do it. Nail, meet coffin. I'm not as upset as I thought I'd be. The Bengals did it to themselves. They aren't all that deserving of the playoffs, so it doesn't feel as bad as if they were.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

The Bengals have no one to blame but themselves. This franchise took a big step backward this year. There is a "lack of institutional control" to coin a NCAA term. No discipline off the field is a sure sign that there are a lot of problems at the top. I love Marvin. He's done a good job, but all the off the field problems really hurt this team and was a major distraction. The Bengals were not a Super Bowl team this year due to the Palmer injury and various other injuries. However there is no excuse for this team not to make the play-offs.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Goodnight, Cincinnati.

Of all the good teams in the AFC, the talentless Jets somehow make the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Playadlc View Post
    Of all the good teams in the AFC, the talentless Jets somehow make the playoffs.
    They won a big game that they had to win....hats off! The Bengals did not.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    No one here cares about the Titans.
    I do and that's what matters. Besides I know, at least, 1 other poster that does. I don't care about UK basketball or Bengal football, but it doesn't concern me if you do. Have a great day.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

I live in New Jersey and hate the Jets myself (Got into football when staying with my Cape Cod based grandparents, so I'm a Patriots man) but I get to see them play all the time and can tell you they are certainly not talentless.

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    They won a big game that they had to win....hats off! The Bengals did not.
    It has nothing to do with the Bengals. The Jets have no talent, they benefited from a soft schedule, and slipped into the playoffs because of it.

I am not even sure if they are an average football team.

Seriously, this team lost to Cleveland.

[QUOTE=Playadlc;1217450]It has nothing to do with the Bengals. The Jets have no talent, they benefited from a soft schedule, and slipped into the playoffs because of it.

Seriously, this team lost to Cleveland.[/QUOTE/]

I wouldnt say that. They benefited from one thing, not turning the ball over. They may have less talent than the Bengals, but they certainly have more brains.

Don't frown. Reds' baseball's just two months away!
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

It has nothing to do with the Bengals. The Jets have no talent, they benefited from a soft schedule, and slipped into the playoffs because of it.

Well, we lost to the Buccaneers, so I really don't think the Bengals have any room to talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Don't frown. Reds' baseball's just two months away!
    Spring Training Champions!

It has EVERYTHING to do with the Bengals. They had their destiny in their own hands the last two weeks and blew it. They gave a chance to the Jets and they won the game they had to win. Next week will be a joke. The Radiers will not even show up. They want that 1st pick in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxilon View Post
    Well, we lost to the Buccaneers, so I really don't think the Bengals have any room to talk.
    Point well taken!

Turn Off Ads?