Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wayne Krivsky Transactions

Re: Wayne Krivsky Transactions

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    Results count. But in assessing what sorts of results you're likely to go in the future, past process is a better predictor than past results.

But we'll never know. If he has a system, should he share it? I wouldn't.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenlord View Post
    that's every GM in the history of the game. the luster is decided by the quality of those diamonds, not by the amount of mining.

If its a churn-game you'd let more diamonds get away. Stands to reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    But we'll never know. If he has a system, should he share it? I wouldn't.
    The Indians have shared a ton and they seem to have had some success. There are few secrets in this business about how to do things. The strategies and organizational philosophies are important, but hardly unique gems to be protected at all costs. Rather, success is more an issue of execution.

Sometimes (in all business ventures), people refuse to discuss their process because it lets them spin their outcomes to make them better.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    I think you are overthinking things.
    "Black"

To make a list of Walt Jocketty transactions, one could do that in about 2 seconds.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    Rather, success is more an issue of execution.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Spring~Fields View Post
    some validity ?

I made sure I wrote those words, from finance and accounting correctly as is traditionaly accepted standards, norms, and practices, in the business world within the capitalistic market system, there is much validity.
    Cincy's demographics didn't make him draft Stubbs over Scherzer or Lincecum.

I doubt the "investor criteria for their invesment portfolio regarding the specific franchise holdings" included blue chip stocks such as Mike Stanton, Corey Patterson and Joe Mays.

Again, some validity, but not word for word.

It is my belief that certain members have played loosely with the so called or implied facts.

I appeal to the statistical community as bound by the traditional and acceptable academic standards.

It is my belief that all, all arguments are flawed when they attempt assessment of a businesses decisions and that of it‘s officers, choices, planning, direction and outcomes, when those arguments are void of pertinent facts such as operating capital for that specific business and that entities officers.

It is a well known fact that operating capital, cash flows, and liquidity of an entity brings significant bearing on budgetary decisions that are strongly influenced by human capital or human resource cost drivers and aggregate cost as one of the largest, if not the largest of an organizations expenses and drains upon their operating capitol.

It should be a known given that in a volatile and competitive environment that those with a greater competitive advantage in capital investments and operating capital, will have greater flexibility in decision making and to that degree of that flexibility, decisions will become more or less critical to that organization proportionately to their financial strengths or weaknesses.

When the new ownership group purchased majority rights to the Cincinnati Reds franchise, they purchased the assets and the liabilities of the former organization’s ownership group. That would include, but not be limited to player resources, human capital, including the assets, liabilities, and contingent liabilities associated with those human resources, especially in the entertainment industry that is labor intensive.

The “diamonds” and the junk alike with no salvage value are all a part of that purchase that new ownership and their officers must work with to achieve the new current and long term goals of the franchises current ownership group as directed and controlled by that ownership group and investors.

Just as those that are proponents of statistical information and critical arguments would call one to task for credibility issues regarding statements that attempt to make or declare certain assertions when attempting to employ statistical measures erroneously, arguments or assessments of a corporate entity or the decisions of that entities officers is flawed and lacking in credibility when that argument or arguments makes assertions without extensive factual knowledge of operating capital, budgetary criteria as established by the investors, principle ownership group and their agents.

Any such arguments should be immediately deemed flawed, erroneous and dismissed out of hand for a lack of factual support and a lack of established validation criteria. To be deemed to carry the value of nothing more than common gossip, innuendo and rumor.

These arguments of, critical arguments of Wayne Krivsky, and “the trade”, as acted upon as an agent for the investor group of the Cincinnati franchise, flies in the face of the traditional standards, rules of integrity and credibility as set forth by the statistical community and academic standards, in addition to the financial and accounting standards of private businesses in America.

I am appalled that the statistical community within this body would tolerate such lose play with measurements, assertions and assessments when it might be construed to hint of double standards, loose measurements lacking pertinent and detailed financial information, and hypocrisies in critical argumentative posturing. Cherry-picking and selective filtering motivated by personal biases at their highest is a violation of a critical argument.

I would further opine that under the circumstances and present tolerances that any and all arguments regarding lineups, lineup constructions, critical manager debates and chastisements, critical player assessments, critical current general manager assessments be deemed appropriate, accurate and fair game, if one can give the ever slightest support by the use or manipulation of statistical support consistent or inconsistent with traditional norms and standards to show cause for such critical assessments.

In closing I reserve the right to filibuster through the use of “boiler-plate” overwhelming information input and overload any such threads or arguments regarding Wayne Krivsky and “the trade” that are void of customary standard financial and accounting information to support their arguments, in an attempt to distress, disarray and fatigue their critical musings.

I further request a Redszone administrative and senior moderation review and ruling on such threads as possible violation of "rule number 5" and the possible violation of the unwritten "dead horse rule".

Quote Originally Posted by Spring~Fields View Post
    I further request a Redszone administrative and senior moderation review and ruling on such threads as possible violation of "rule number 5" and the possible violation of the unwritten "dead horse rule".
    Sorry SF, I'm not seeing it. I know there's been plenty of backwards looking threads lately, but there is value in this one, especially with the first post. And I do agree that we should all get over "the trade" already.

I also agree with REDREAD in that the list will be good to save as reference.
    Last edited by paintmered; 07-07-2008 at 11:25 PM.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Senor Votto

Overall I think he did a pretty good job in transactions. His downfall was the contracts he gave. Ross, Freel, etc.

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Pretty interesting list. A lot of forgotten names. One thing to remember is that Krivsky is not responsible for approximately 70% of the Minor League Free agent list and about 40% of the Players released list. Those have more to do with your Director Of Player Development.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark View Post
    Pretty interesting list. A lot of forgotten names. One thing to remember is that Krivsky is not responsible for approximately 70% of the Minor League Free agent list and about 40% of the Players released list. Those have more to do with your Director Of Player Development.
    Yes. That list is an eye-opener, though.

Regardless, the cold hard truth is that we all have bosses. If my boss wants me to concentrate on a certain product, I'd better do it. I might look at things differently and go my own route, but if the boss doesn't agree, then I probably am looking for another job. As much as many think WK was doing a fantastic job and that he was fired too soon, it really doesn't matter. The boss didn't see it that way. It's time to give up on the reasons why and just accept that Wayne is no longer with us. As I've said many times, he's not coming back. It's time to look forward to what Walt Jocketty will do with this team and hope for the best.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    Sorry SF, I'm not seeing it. I know there's been plenty of backwards looking threads lately, but there is value in this one, especially with the first post. And I do agree that we should all get over "the trade" already.

Paint the list is good, the list actually has fact and truth in it, information that one can use in the future to balance the accounts.

The list is not some guess in an attempt to judge and assess something that one is not aware or informed of. This list is simply an inventory journal.

The real issue today is the offense, defense, and pitching, the current investors and their current agent Walt Jocketty and what they are doing or have done to improve the team, the product on the field, I hope no one will deny that as the journal comes out with some regularity on those issues and individuals.
    Last edited by Spring~Fields; 07-08-2008 at 02:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post

I should mention that my lament that we'll ultimately rehash things that have been said over and over again wasn't a suggestion on my part to shut the thing down. I agree that the list is a good reference point.

I would concur that it's hard to judge this list without knowing how it compares, as someone else said, with the activity of other clubs. Someone else said it's typical and I suspect it may well be. Many of an organizations tranactions are seperating the wheat from the chaff and you've got to have some volume to arrive at a good harvest. I can't tell you how many times I've looked at a Reds roster from year's past and see a player I'd forgotten about. Anyone else remember Manny Trillo playing for the 1989 Reds?

Take the time to review an entire season's transactions on baseball-reference.com. It's incredible the amount of movement clubs do and thats not even taking into consideration the volume of minor league transactions as clubs look to fill out their organization's teams.

The weaknesses and strengthes of WK have been elucidated here, sometimes ad nauseum, but I would guess that the volume of players in the first post is typical of a ML club's tranactions over 2+ seasons. I can't say for a fact it is, but I wouldn't be surprised.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup View Post
    To make a list of Walt Jocketty transactions, one could do that in about 2 seconds.
    I've been keeping that list up to date, too.

I also have the statistics of players Krivsky has let go and brought in since their transactions, but I won't post that until the 2008 season is over. So far, the players Krivsky brought in have far out-performed the players he let go.

Turn Off Ads?