Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who would be willing to trade Chapman + other prospects for David Wright

Re: Who would be willing to trade Chapman + other prospects for David Wright

Quote Originally Posted by nmculbreth View Post
    In a vacuum, sure.

If Wright and Chapman had identical contracts you could argue Wright is more valuable, particularly if Chapman is to remain in the pen. But the contracts aren't equal - the Reds have Chapman under control through 2016 and Wright's contract only runs through 2013. Even if the Reds were able to secure a LTC with Wright they'd have to pay him fair market value and I think you could make a very strong argument Chapman offers far more value at his arbitration prices than Wright at full market value.

The idea of dealing Chapman, Hamilton and Cingrani / Corcino for one year of Wright is the height of insanity.
    Exactly. If I'm Walt, it would take a heck of a lot to get Chapman.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I definitely wouldnt give up what the OP suggested but dang D Wright is exactly the type of hitter this offense needs in between JV and JB! Good average, contact, low K's, etc ... and he'd definitely get back to 30 hr or so in GABP. But not willing to give away the future for it ...

No way would I make that trade. I wouldn't trade Chapman for any player in baseball honestly, he is one of the best players to get people to come to the stadium much better than Wright. As for the rest of that trade I would not want to see Hamilton go anywhere. He is the future leadoff hitter and is probably the most dynamic game changing player in the minor leagues.
    Check Out My Blog at roundinthirdandheadedforhome.mlblogs.com

$8,000,000 total for Chapman over the next 3 years may be the best bargain in baseball.

It's absolutely ludicrous to consider trading him. He's not going anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post
    $8,000,000 total for Chapman over the next 3 years may be the best bargain in baseball.

Exactly
    Check Out My Blog at roundinthirdandheadedforhome.mlblogs.com

Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post

Your money figure is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Your money figure is wrong.
    You are correct.

Per Cot's: Chapman's contract allows him to opt for arbitration after 2013 and when he does so his $3mil salary for 2014 will be converted into a bonus which must be paid in addition to the salary determined by the arbitration process.

So based on my understanding of the term's of Chapman's deal his salary structure will be as follows:

2014: 1st year of arbitration + $3mil bonus
    2015: 2nd year of arbitration
    2016: 3rd year of arbitration
    2017: Free agent

I wouldn't even be willing to take a phone call on the proposed trade in the OP.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RedTruck View Post
    Apparently there are David Wright rumors regarding a possible trade acquisition from the Reds.

I would probably be okay with trading Chapman + Hamilton + Cingrini for Wright.

No one can deny that having a 3, 4, 5 of Wright, Votto, and Bruce would be nothing short of awesome.
    That would be an awful trade for the Reds to make... Wright is a sure handed third-baseman but that is way too much to give...

Cingrini is going to be a STUD. Hamilton is your Future CF, and Chapman needs to stay the Closer in my opinion...

I hope the Reds don't do what the Rangers did with Neftali Perez and bring back Chapman to the Rotation... I think it spells trouble...

I think the Reds should trade some pices for David Price... Team control for a few years and gives you a TRUE #1 and a Left Hander (besides Cingrini) ... Keep Chapman th Closer...

Turn Off Ads?