Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trade Idea

Reds Fan and UGA Student ATL Reds Fan's Avatar

Trade Idea

Last night I had a dream that the reds traded Dusty Baker for Joe Maddon. Unfortunately, I woke up I realized this hadn't really happened, but it got me thinking. Would you trade Dusty Baker and Joey Votto for Joe Maddon and Evan Longoria. This would be a big managerial upgrade and the reds could move Frazier to first to fill Votto's spot. What do you guys think?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Salukifan2

Re: Trade Idea

I've always wondered if you could trade a manager

Quote Originally Posted by Brittingham.Sam View Post
    Red Sox just hired John Farrell away from Toronto and had to give up some sort of compensation. So that is, essentially, a trade.

Teams already traded a manager this winter with Boston adding the Jays manger John Farrell. Also Lou Piniella went from Seattle to Tampa in the same way.

I think the whitesox traded ozzie guillen to the marlins.

Salukifan2

A manager must have to approve it though because his contract isn't subject to the CBA like the players. That's the only reason trades are legal since they got rid of the reserve clause.

NO

Manager Chuck Tanner was traded from the As to the Pirates before the '77 season and then managed the 'We Are Family' WS team of '79.

stupid

Quote Originally Posted by panzecaz03 View Post
    stupid
    Why? It was a hypothetical question based off of a dream. In the offseason no less, when there is VERY little going on in the baseball world. It seems to me that any "baseball" conversation at all should be a welcome distraction from the void of sports known as "basketball season".

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TSJ55 View Post
    Why? It was a hypothetical question based off of a dream. In the offseason no less, when there is VERY little going on in the baseball world. It seems to me that any "baseball" conversation at all should be a welcome distraction from the void of sports known as "basketball season".
    I wouldn't sweat him....he's just being a.....well....you know.

Salukifan2

Quote Originally Posted by TSJ55 View Post
    I hope you are speaking specifically about the NBA

I hope you are speaking specifically about the NBA
    Sadly, no. The NBA is a total joke and might as well be the new WWE but I don't like college hoops either. I even live in Louisville and I try to watch basketball if only to just "fit in" here in basketball country, but I just cannot stomach it. It bores me to tears.

Salukifan2

Well i pity you but at least you love baseball. February and March must be brutal for you

Well i pity you but at least you love baseball. February and March must be brutal for you
    No need for pity. College baseball starts in February so that's covered. Even better, Louisville will start ACC play in 2014. I'm pretty geeked about the jump in quality of teams that will be coming to town.

I wouldn't sweat him....he's just being a.....well....you know.
    No sweat. I understand. I play that role sometimes too.

Turn Off Ads?