Turn Off Ads?

Thread: A tougher road trip?

A tougher road trip?

The upcoming road trip the Reds are looking at could be one of the toughest they have had to do in a long while. With how well the Indians are playing then we go to Philly for 4 and finish up with 3 in Hotlanta, we are looking at 10 games that could go a looooong way to determining just how good this team is this season. With Chapman now on the DL, and won't be pitching in this up coming road trip (although I am not real pleased with his replacement) I feel pitching wise we are at the best we could be given mag't. It will be interesting to see if we can not repeat what happen to us last year in Philly and Atlanta...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: A tougher road trip?

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    The upcoming road trip the Reds are looking at could be one of the toughest they have had to do in a long while. With how well the Indians are playing then we go to Philly for 4 and finish up with 3 in Hotlanta, we are looking at 10 games that could go a looooong way to determining just how good this team is this season. With Chapman now on the DL, and won't be pitching in this up coming road trip (although I am not real pleased with his replacement) I feel pitching wise we are at the best we could be given mag't. It will be interesting to see if we can not repeat what happen to us last year in Philly and Atlanta...
    So, how are you feeling about the potential of winning more than 4 on the trip?

I'd take a 5-5 trip. Of course, no matter what happens, there will be some here that will overreact and try to make more of it than what it is....10 games in May. Nothing more nothing less.

I think the pitching matchups will be key on these series. Overall the Reds should:

Take 2 out of 3 from Cleveland
    Split 2 and 2 with Phillies
    Take 2 out of 3 from Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by Who Dey Time View Post
    I'd take a 5-5 trip. Of course, no matter what happens, there will be some here that will overreact and try to make more of it than what it is....10 games in May. Nothing more nothing less.
    No this stretch of games do mean something. Last year the Reds struggled against the "good" teams and feasted off the bad teams. We are now looking at a 10 game road trip against 3 of the top teams in ML baseball right now, it's time for the Reds to step up and either join that company of the big boys or remain an also ran...

No this stretch of games do mean something. Last year the Reds struggled against the "good" teams and feasted off the bad teams. We are now looking at a 10 game road trip against 3 of the top teams in ML baseball right now, it's time for the Reds to step up and either join that company of the big boys or remain an also ran...
    Going 7-3 or 3-7 onm a 10-game trip in May isn't going to be a statement one way or the other about whether the Reds can compete with the big boys so to speak. The only thing that matter is that you do enough to get into the playoffs and this team showed last season that they are capable of doing just that. History has shown that anything is possible once you are there.

Quote Originally Posted by Who Dey Time View Post
    Going 7-3 or 3-7 onm a 10-game trip in May isn't going to be a statement one way or the other about whether the Reds can compete with the big boys so to speak. The only thing that matter is that you do enough to get into the playoffs and this team showed last season that they are capable of doing just that. History has shown that anything is possible once you are there.
    But just as with this past weekends series with the Cardinals, a team needs to learn how to beat the good teams and this upcoming road trip allows us to do that. Baseball is a very mental driven game in a number of ways and players need that confidence to know they can beat the big boys.

Cleveland is managable, and Atlanta, while they are a good team, that can go either way. The Phillies series is what worries me. We always have issues in that ballpark, and good pitching (with the exception of Carpenter yesterday) most always carves us up. I could very easily see us losing that series, or getting swept.

If the rotations hold form and barring rainouts:
    Fri May 20 @ Cle - Wood vs Alex White (1-0 3.75 ERA)
    Sat May 21 @ Cle - Bailey vs Josh Tomlin (4-1 2.61 ERA)
    Sun May 22 @ Cle - Volquez vs Carlos Carrasco (1-2 5.29 ERA)

Mon May 23 @ Phi - Arroyo vs Cole Hamels
    Tue May 24 @ Phi - Cueto vs Joe Blanton
    Wed May 25 @ Phi - Wood vs Roy Halladay
    Thur May 26 @ Phi - Bailey vs Cliff Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Red View Post

Win or lose, these are some interesting pitching matchups. Potential for some very good games - now I'm looking forward to next weekend AND the following week.
    If evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Red View Post

Ugh, its going to suck for me to root against Alex White, he was one of my favorites as a Tar Heel in college.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

i really like how the Indians have been rained out of some games, those matchups now i believe favor us. The Indians aren't as good as everyone believes, they are a little worse than what we were last season. If we go 2-2 against Philly i will take it, 1-3 would not be the end of the world because they are the best team in baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by Maker_84 View Post
    i really like how the Indians have been rained out of some games, those matchups now i believe favor us. The Indians aren't as good as everyone believes, they are a little worse than what we were last season. If we go 2-2 against Philly i will take it, 1-3 would not be the end of the world because they are the best team in baseball.
    If the Phillies play the Reds the way they just played the Cardinals, the Reds might just sweep them. They don't look like the best team in baseball right now, even with the great starting pitching. The Indians remind me of the Reds last season - they've got that sense that they can hang with anyone right now, so it's going to take some good pitching from the Reds. The last three of this trip could be the toughest as Atlanta is a tough place to play and the Reds are bound to be tired after seven games in Cleveland and Philly.
    If evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve!

Quote Originally Posted by Maker_84 View Post
    They have the best record in baseball at home...they are like 15-4 at home, they are doing something right...

Turn Off Ads?