Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who could be the odd man out?

Who could be the odd man out?

With Harang and Arroyo locked into starting spots, where do the rest of the Reds shake out.

Bailey-hasn't pitched yet in ST may start year in AAA will see tomorrow
    Livingston-soft tosser Brantley and Brennaman raved about him today
    Lohse-hamstring injury could hinder his shot
    Milton-what else can I say that hasn't already been said
    Santos-looked good in two innings so far hasn't been effective in the past
    Saarloos-looked good in two innings has started and relieved Soto and Hatte love his stuff
    Lizard-can he make it back from injury

I got to feel that everybody's spot except for the top two is up for grabs, how are things going to shake out.

1.Harang
    2.Arroyo
    3.Saarloos
    4.Milton
    5.Livingston
    Bailey gets midseason call up

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Who could be the odd man out?

Holy hell that's a terrible rotation.

That's about all I can think of.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

I think it's going to take a lot more than injury to push Lohse out, provided he's healthy come Opening Day.

I think the guy who has to prove himself the most is Eric Milton. It's the last year of his deal, so if he blows up in camp, getting rid of him will be more than feasible.

1. Harang; 2. Arroyo; 3. Milton; 4. Lohse; 5. Saarloos. Livingston, Bailey, and Lizard at AAA, if Lizard still has options. Belisle in the pen if he makes the 25; I don't see Santos figuring, despite today.

And when you think about it more than just the pitching is up in the air. Look at the current log jam in the outfield. Hopper, Deno, and Hamilton all fighting for AB's

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    Holy hell that's a terrible rotation.

That's about all I can think of.
    I actually think our rotation is pretty darn good. Harang and Arroyo are very good. Bailey will be up by Memorial Day or sooner. One of the 3 Milton, Lohse, or Saarloos should pitch well. And we seem to have a lot more options waiting around when/if some of those guys don't work out.

It's our bullpen that concerns me a lot more than the rotation.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    And when you think about it more than just the pitching is up in the air. Look at the current log jam in the outfield. Hopper, Deno, and Hamilton all fighting for AB's
    I think it's a nobrainer. You go with Hamilton. I would try to trade Deno. I'm still hoping WK makes a trade before the start of the season.
    Don't smoke'em if you got'em

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    I actually think our rotation is pretty darn good. Harang and Arroyo are very good. Bailey will be up by Memorial Day or sooner. One of the 3 Milton, Lohse, or Saarloos should pitch well.
    Agreed.If you look at stl's and stros rotation...ours doesnt look too bad.

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by Marge'sMullet View Post
    I think it's a nobrainer. You go with Hamilton. I would try to trade Deno. I'm still hoping WK makes a trade before the start of the season.
    A trade seems more possible daily imo.
    Deno seems to be pressing a whole lot. Almost like he is playing for a spot on roster (which now he is) rather than playing for RF/CF.

If I'm trading an OF it's Freel, to a majority of teams out there he's a starter, meaning he'll most likely bring the biggest return.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    If I'm trading an OF it's Freel, to a majority of teams out there he's a starter, meaning he'll most likely bring the biggest return.
    I think you are right. My concern with the OF logjam is who leads off. If either Freel or Denorfia is traded, and say the remaining guy gets hurt, who leads off? Phillips didn't exactly excel in that role last year.

Homer has pitched in one game, and he did quite well.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quite honestly, this rotation..

Harrang
    Arroyo
    Loshe
    Saarloos
    Livingston

Doesn't sound half as bad as this one..

Harrang
    Arroyo
    Milton
    Loshe
    Saarlos

Atleast Bobby can learn on the job so to speak. He's not a flamethrow by anymeans but I think if he can keep that fastball/change up combo (See Tom G and Jamie Moyer even says Hi) he could be successful.
    "For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled."
    -Hunter S. Thompson

I wish Deno would get a better shot but I think he'll be playing for someone else soon. Marlins?

Livingston-soft tosser Brantley and Brennaman raved about him today
    Lohse-hamstring injury could hinder his shot
    Milton-what else can I say that hasn't already been said
    Santos-looked good in two innings so far hasn't been effective in the past
    Saarloos-looked good in two innings has started and relieved Soto and Hatte love his stuff
    Lizard-can he make it back from injury
    Bailey should be up by the all-star break, the more I think about it the more I would try to keep Bailey in the minors as long as possible.
    Lohse...I would give this guy a whole year to either sink or swim, he's got the best stuff, Pole should be given the whole year to fix Lohse IMO
    Livingston was waived that should count for something.
    Milton is my most likely to be traded for a marginal minor leaguer IMO.
    Santos...Brantley did have concerns about a guy throwing so hard and being that old not making it,"says he is a thrower not a pitcher"
    Saarloos would get Milton's spot if he continues to get hammered or if he's trade or released.
    Lizard is a guy I think will stick in the majors if he's not screwed over by Narron.
    My sleeper is Wilson , if he gets his fastball up another notch, he knows what he's doing out there and has proved he can pitch in the launching pad (GAB)
    Last edited by icehole3; 03-04-2007 at 07:43 AM.

Turn Off Ads?