Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 66 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast

Thread: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball -- 7th Edition

Re: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball -- 7th Edition

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    I think Terrence Jones could be CRAZY good next year.
    Prophetic words.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    Yeah and the funny part was them talking of the UK-UNC game. One of them said on a neutral floor, he would favor UNC. Maybe but this team will only get better by seasons end. Not saying they are unbeatable because I am sure they will lose a few. But UK can be the "one to beat" by tourney time.

BTW...did anyone ever hear why KW didnt play much the other night. Injured ? in doghouse ? Just Cal not using him ? I never heard.
    His defense was not ready for that game. Cal will not play you if you cannot guard your man. I think he is a 3 year player for us at least.

I had thought about putting this question out there after the Kansas game but didnt. Then I read an online article today and thought I would get some feedback. The article basically talks on the "3 Goggles" and Vitale's disdain for them the other night.
    Here's my thoughts. I enjoy the college game and think the players should be allowed to have fun. It always bothered me how the NFL guys who get paid...can do almost anything they want after a TD but college kids have to "watch" how they celebrate. As far as college basketball, I dont mind the 3 goggles at all. First it is clear, that KY isnt the only team that does it. Yes, even Vitale's Dukies have done it. Maybe Vitale gripes on the other games as well because I try to tune him out most of the time.
    I googled "3 goggles images" and scrolled thru 7 pages before I got an actual UK player doing this while the first 6 are filled with many other players doing this. So yes many players/teams do this. Because of that, I dont mind and think it is a good way for the kids to have fun on the court.
    There is one thing though that I was wanting to see if others view this like me. That is all this laughing that goes on. Seems like this just started a few years ago and has really taken off. That stuff bothers me more than Goggles-fist pump after a shot etc. Growing up, I never seen guys like Bird-Barkley-Ewing or any of them start laughing and grinning real big after shots. They just turned and ran down the floor. Again, most all teams like doing this now. Maybe others dont feel this way but here is the vibe it gives me : The other night, the first player I noticed was a Kansas player after one of their early dunks. My first impression was the guy was "saying"... 'these guys arent so tough' and I thought just wait buddy and you'll see how tough we are. Of course, later UK done it as well. Lamb seems to do it more than most with Teague appearing he will as well. It seems like that is more showing up than 3 goggles.
    That is one part of the game where I wish they would just turn and go play defense.
    I think UK and other teams that are good enough, can and should have a swagger. I feel the 3 Goggles adds a swagger and doesnt bother me. Chest bumping and fist pumping dont bother me as it really isnt directed at a certain player( most of the time)
    I just wish the players would skip the laughing/grinning after shots etc.
    Anyone else have ideas or thoughts on this from a UK perspective.
    You know what I say if other teams don't like it? GOOD. Stop it if you don't like it. This team has a swagger and it really reminds me of how the 96 team played the game... Not ready to predict the same outcome though.

(BTW: If it was a Dookie slapping the floor or acting a fool, Dick would not have said a WORD. He has sat by and watched the same thing or worse at DUKE games.)

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    You know what I say if other teams don't like it? GOOD. Stop it if you don't like it. This team has a swagger and it really reminds me of how the 96 team played the game... Not ready to predict the same outcome though.

(BTW: If it was a Dookie slapping the floor or acting a fool, Dick would not have said a WORD. He has sat by and watched the same thing or worse at DUKE games.)
    Agree completely !

UK won against Penn State 85-47. Led 45-17 at halftime. No Crispin brothers to bail them out.

Doron Lamb had a big game with 26 points, but Wiltjer had a coming out party with 19 points after only playing three minutes against Kansas. This time, UK went 10-20 from three instead of dunking the ball at will.

Kentucky plays Old Dominion tomorrow at noon on ESPNU.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

part of BBN

Good win today. The quick whistles in second half gave Davis a cheapie or two but it was probably needed overall the way ODU was trying to push UK's buttons. I'm sure the guys are glad to get home. Go Big Blue !

Stat geek...and proud
    UNC just lost to UNLV. They are going to be super up for the Kentucky game now.

Word is, Yahoo Sports has been sniffing around Lexington for six months with nothing to show.

Interesting, IMO, that:
    1) the reputation is such that six months can be used to uncover information. (I wish my publishers were as patient for a story as Yahoo appears to be. Of course, it's a different world nowadays than it was then, too.)
    2) absolutely nothing damaging was found, despite rumors and innuendo.

Is Calipari that much better at cheating than everyone else, or is he relatively clean?

part of BBN

Looks like by most reports, the One and done wil be addressed under new agreement but at a later date and this year's freshman class will be allowed to leave if they choose.

Looks like by most reports, the One and done wil be addressed under new agreement but at a later date and this year's freshman class will be allowed to leave if they choose.
    2 or 3 years? Any idea?

This would be great for college basketball like it is with football. I'm not sure it's fair to the athletes involved, but long term, it'd help a lot more than it'd hurt.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

It's completely unfair to the people involved, but would help the universities make money and the NBA with development.

So, of course, it will go through without much problem.

FWIW, it's a 2-year or 2-year-old plan.

part of BBN

Here is one of Cal's quotes on the new "2 and thru" possible deal :
    “You’re still recruiting every year,” Calipari said. “But you don’t have to recruit five or six [players]. You can get the best three or four kids a year and be in good shape.”

This is quoted from the Big East thread. Thought it fit better here:

Believe me, there are a lot of Card fans who would love for Ole Tricky Rick to be run out of town. The difference is Tom Jurich would NEVER hire Andy Kennedy.

Also, the only reason UofL isn't #1 in attendance is Frankfort wouldn't allow (help pay for) Louisville to build an arena with more seats than Rupp.
    The only reason I find the latter part amusing is because UK is currently looking into renovating Rupp because it is cheaper than building a new facility.

Of course, Louisville built a state of the art facility but is doing everything possible (minus letting UK play there one game a year) to pay for it, namely attracting a NBA team.

If Pitino ever retires, I see Louisville making a run at Brad Stevens. If IU falls apart once conference play hits and Crean's job becomes in question, then they could have competition.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Anyone watch last night? A pretty incredible defensive performance. 18 blocks with 8 of those by Davis. This team may turn out to be one of UK's best defensive teams of all time. They are already way ahead of last seasons team defensively. When the offense catches up they could be something else.
    The big game is tomorrow, UNC. Who shoots the three the best may well win this game.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Turn Off Ads?